X-Ray licence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Leo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody! Is there anyone who knows, how to get dental X-ray licence? What's required for that, where and how an individual can obtain that? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Doctor Leo said:
Hi everybody! Is there anyone who knows, how to get dental X-ray licence? What's required for that, where and how an individual can obtain that? Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I went to school for 2 months..U have to have 50 credit hrs and then u will be eligible to take the RHS exam..Find out the nearest school which offers the course and they will guide u..It cost's $500 for me if I remember it correctly.

You can challenge the exam. Just show them proof that you have taken radiology classes in dental school. Ask if the Rad safety school will allow you to do that. You don't have to attend their course. That is what I did.

Ivorinedust

"Apolonia, relieve my toothache!"

Members don't see this ad :)
Doctor Leo said:
At which state r u residing?It depends on the state.First of all you need a social security number for applying the x ray license and then you have to take a course after that you can take a test.Different state has different rules.

pokwadent said:
At which state r u residing?It depends on the state.First of all you need a social security number for applying the x ray license and then you have to take a course after that you can take a test.Different state has different rules.

---------------------------------------------------------

You are absolutely right, pokwadent. But I posted my reply assuming Doctor Leo was from California, as his "location" says. I also forgot about the ssn thing. Thanks for brining that up.

Ivorinedust

ivorinedust said:
You can challenge the exam. Just show them proof that you have taken radiology classes in dental school. Ask if the Rad safety school will allow you to do that. You don't have to attend their course. That is what I did.

Ivorinedust

That's excellent!..Even I though abt taking the RHS exam directly..but when I called the dental assisting board they said I have to have 50 credit hrs & have to attend the course :( ..then how did u manage to send your x-rays for evaluation to get the licence?

dentaldoc said:
..then how did u manage to send your x-rays for evaluation to get the licence?

------------------------------------------------------

Just take the required number of FMXs using your employer's or a friend's (who is a licensed dentist) x ray machines. You should be guided by someone who already has an x-ray license when doing that. S/He could be an employee of the dental office or the dentist him/herself. Then the dentist-employer will evaluate your x-rays using the forms provided. After that, submit everything to the school with your payment. Good luck.

Ivorinedust

ivorinedust said:

Just take the required number of FMXs using your employer's or a friend's (who is a licensed dentist) x ray machines. You should be guided by someone who already has an x-ray license when doing that. S/He could be an employee of the dental office or the dentist him/herself. Then the dentist-employer will evaluate your x-rays using the forms provided. After that, submit everything to the school with your payment. Good luck.

Ivorinedust

DO U know the rules in CALIF?

ivorinedust said:

Ivorinedust

That's cool :cool: ..I wish I could have done it..but nevermind 2 months of school gave me some exposure & experience :) .goodluck to u too :luck:

ahmedpredental0 said:
DO U know the rules in CALIF?

I did that in California...ask around which schools will permit you to challenge the exam.

Ivorinedust

Thanks to everyone! :thumbup: I'll try to find school nearby...