X's on the AMCAS screen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rxfudd

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pulled up my AMCAS account on line today and was surprised to find the sections "Course Work", "Transcript Requests", and "Schools Attended" with big, red X's over them. Anyone else get these? In case it's relevant, I got the "change notification process" button on Saturday. However, I still have no grades verified or application submitted.

Members don't see this ad.

Someone else is having the same dilemma. See the following thread: AMCAS problem. Thankfully, my application is fine... well, still untouched with NO sign of any movement on it (still have the "certification & transmission" button. :rolleyes:

hmm... i got those X's too. wouldn't worry about it, though. i'm sure it's just AMCAS programmers fiddling around with the code. nothing else has changed on my printout.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think this means your app has been verifed and you cannot modify those sections anymore. They're rather cool looking X's if you ask me.

Andrew

I agree, someone sure spent a bit of time on X-development. Makes you wonder who the X-developer is and what he gets paid.

I have the same red Xs. I was one of the first people to be processed (7/21) and all my dates are still listed on my printout unchanged.

I havent submitted any corrections, so it must be a block on editing your info for these sections.

I just wish they'd reformulate the "transmission" dates so that they would actually mean something.

The name of the pic with the X's is 'school_noaccess.jpg' as opposed to 'school_done.jpg' so I presume they don't want us to access it anymore.

There's enough mystery and intrigue with AMCAS to make a movie, albeit a very bad movie.

Andrew

those X's made my day. they are very attractive, and say something like, "Hey, we might be AMCAS, but we're COOL. yea!"

i have the x's too. what the x's mean is that you cannot make any changes to those sections without contacting AMCAS "client services" or something like that. hold your mouse pointer over the x's and that is what it should say. at least that is what it says on mine. :D

OK, the red X's are a good thing. I got X status yesterday and today I was pleased to see that all of my transcripts have been successfully verified. Shouldn't be much longer before I'm processed, I assume.

Just received this email from AMCAS:

Dear AMCAS Applicant,

Beginning today, applicants who enter the web application may notice a
red "X" covering each of the following section options on the vertical
menu on the left side of the application screen:

Schools Attended
Transcript Requests
Coursework.

These "X"s will appear in applications that have either started or
completed the AMCAS verification process. These "X"s signify that you
will no longer be able to access these sections of your application. For
additional information on how you may still view the data entered in
these sections, read below. AMCAS has implemented this change in order
to prevent the complications that can arise when AMCAS staff attempt to
process your application while you are making changes to one of these
three sections.

You may still view the data you entered in these sections using the
application's print option. If you wish to request that a change be
made to any data contained in one of these sections, use the "Change
Notification Process" button just above the print option on your
application's vertical menu. This selection will prompt you to create
and submit your change request to AMCAS.

Best wishes from AMCAS during your medical school admissions process.

AMCAS

No fair!! I want cool big red X's on my application too. Actually, I would even be happy with a "change notification" button-- ANY movement at this point would be good. :rolleyes:

Here you go praying4MD:

school_noaccess.jpg

trans_noaccess.jpg

course_noaccess.jpg

Enjoy! ;)

Andrew

I have no x's or any change. Give me some dates when you all submitted initially. I'm June 23, but I modified July 10, but they said on the phone that wouldn't matter.

i just got mine this afternoon.
transmitted & certified: july 14
i also changed my contact information toward the end of july, but i don't think that did anything in terms of delaying my app.

Darn kutastha, I was hoping you'd include a picture of the "change notification" button since I have no idea what that looks like either! :)

BTW, I submitted 7/5.

Originally posted by spacecadet:
•Darn kutastha, I was hoping you'd include a picture of the "change notification" button since I have no idea what that looks like either! :)

BTW, I submitted 7/5.•

Here you go.

post_active.jpg

Kutastha & Baylor: Your sentiments are noble and kind, and they *should* make me feel better because I have now seen a psuedo-movement in my application; at the same time, getting it from you guys is kind of like getting Leftovers! ;) :D