xx

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eristic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
spam

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Path to my knowledge is not a sought after specialty. That could be why no one matched into it.

If you were admitted to UCLA and think you will do well there go there. Students don't give up their residency so you will still be IS to whatever state schools you have

If you're not averse to paying for it, go to UCLA. No point in being in a combined BS/DO program, imo. If you belong in medical school, you'll be able to get in on your own 4 years from now.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the responses! My parents really pushed me into accepting my spot at Rowan, which is where I'll be attending this fall. However, I understand that a DO degree "closes some doors" in terms of residencies and other things. Consequently, I'm thinking of dropping out the program if I can keep my GPA high enough and score high on the MCAT before applying to MD schools. Is this a plausible idea? And would adcoms be able to see I dropped out a BS/DO program? I'm also thinking of graduating in 3 years, if I drop out the program, and taking the last year to get work/research/clinical experience.

I'd just go to UCLA and see where life takes you. Being a DO does handicap you in terms of the match (coming from a future DO), to varying degrees depending on a ton of factors that are impossible for you to know at this point in your life.

There is absolutely no way that an adcom would see that you dropped a BS/DO program. Even if they could, no one would hold it against you. Good luck in college! Don't worry about all this stuff right now.