yale decision date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SharpieMarker

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when Yale sends out decisions? For some reason, March 3 is in my head, but I have no idea where it came from and no idea if that's even close.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when Yale sends out decisions? For some reason, March 3 is in my head, but I have no idea where it came from and no idea if that's even close.

I have no idea. I looked through my notes and I have nothing written down. I guess I just assumed March 15, like every other school does?

Looking at past threads:
Last Year (2007): March 23
Year Prev (2006): March 28

So maybe we're all now panicking for naught?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard late March at my interview. And based on precedent, I would assume that's the case this year.

hi guys,

i'm a first-year at yale. the march 23rd date (last year) is accurate regarding admissions decisions. keep your eyes open for an email from Mr. Silverman.

Good luck!

Yale was the best choice I ever made!

Yale was the best choice I ever made!

Unfortunately, before I can reach that stage, Yale has to think I'm the best choice it's made.

Though, since March 23 was a Friday last year, and a Sunday this year, I'm guessing it'll either be the 21st or the 28th. Yay for the waiting game.

I interviewed at Yale last week and we were told that decisions would be released Thursday, March 20th!

Me too! good luck everyone. :luck::luck:

Yeah, it would fit so nicely into my little plan for the spring and summer if i could just get into Yale initially and forget about all my other options. Traditionally life doesn't work according to plan most of the time for me anyway. 100th sounds great to me.

Does anyone have any insight into the value of pre-decision letters of update, interest or intent?

Thanks,

PMD

Yeah, it would fit so nicely into my little plan for the spring and summer if i could just get into Yale initially and forget about all my other options. Traditionally life doesn't work according to plan most of the time for me anyway. 100th sounds great to me.

Does anyone have any insight into the value of pre-decision letters of update, interest or intent?

Thanks,

PMD

I have no idea? I'm holding onto my letter of intent/update as a response to a possible waitlist.

...though, I'm going to feel pretty stupid about this plan if I end up rejected instead of waitlist...

Members don't see this ad :)
Not a lot of Yale chatter... I am getting excited/nervous for some news.

Yale MD committee makes its final decisions on 10 March. Not sure when exactly those decisions will be sent out.

So it's an email then? That would be a nice change of pace from waiting for the mailman to bring me something from Columbia (although he brought me a nice big package!). Does Yale do everything - WL/Reject/Accept - by email?

Good luck - best curriculum by far, very nice students at the interview.

I interviewed at Yale last week and we were told that decisions would be released Thursday, March 20th!

According to previous years' threads: Email for acceptance. Snail mail for everything else.

Thanks for all the information. 13 more days until I try not to go crazy while staring at my inbox... here's hoping!

Good luck everyone.

Yale MD committee makes its final decisions on 10 March. Not sure when exactly those decisions will be sent out.

do you mind if i ask how you know this? i was thinking of sending Yale a letter of intent early next week but if the committee meets on Monday then it'll be too late!

Somewhere in New Haven today people are making decisions about us and our future. I hope they are feeling my good vibes.

Sorry, that's a 10 with the worry face being the zero--> 10 days left

yikes - let the panic begin! I <3 Yale!

le sigh. I loved you, Yale... but I didn't even get an interview. :(

New Haven's not as bad as people think, and Yale is even better than you could imagine!!! :D My 4 years there were amazing!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! :luck::luck::luck:

Yale yale yale yale yale, Yale yale yale yale, Yale yale yale yale

(That's my Yale chant, oh yeah!)

i had my best interview *ever* at yale...whenever i feel down, i replay that interview in my mind. :love:

dude, i hate the waiting game. and jeez, the rejection letters that are starting to roll in are doing wonders for my self esteem, even the ones i knew were coming. if only...

are you folks all hanging in there?

does anyone have reservations about yale-new haven hospital. im not talking about the house staff or professors who are all amazing. its just that its a suburban hospital which is kinda hard to compare to hopkins hospital, HUP and others...

i <3 yales library

what type of reservations do you have? at least for me, the reason i'd want an urban hospital is mainly for the patient diversity factor, but it seems like new haven isn't lacking in that area. ha, so i guess, at least for me, no major reservations. i'm sure it's also a referral center, so it'll get its fair share of strange and interesting cases.

dude, i hate the waiting game. and jeez, the rejection letters that are starting to roll in are doing wonders for my self esteem, even the ones i knew were coming. if only...

I saw the mailman today and cringed. Hanging by a thread, haha...

Yale yale yale yale yale, Yale yale yale yale, Yale yale yale yale

Yale, please accept me and make my decision very easy.

What is everyone's feeling about Yale and numbers (mcat gpa)?

Both of my interviewers told me that numbers mattered much much less after the interview and at that point they were going off of the interview and other aspects of the application.

My self-esteem has hit an all-time low :(. I just want to be accepted already!

Has anybody been able to verify the Mar. 20th release date?

I already know I'm rejected (worst interview of the season), but I figured I'd post in here anyway. Maybe I'll be surprised.

I already know I'm rejected (worst interview of the season), but I figured I'd post in here anyway. Maybe I'll be surprised.

I can top that: I got LOST on my way to the first interview from the admissions office. Needless to say, it was a horrible interview that ensued. And I had to argue with my second interviewer that yes, he was my second interviewer and no, the person in the office across the hall was not who the admissions office meant to assign me as my second interviewer.

Loved the school, but I'm expecting no love in return.

I can top that: I got LOST on my way to the first interview from the admissions office. Needless to say, it was a horrible interview that ensued. And I had to argue with my second interviewer that yes, he was my second interviewer and no, the person in the office across the hall was not who the admissions office meant to assign me as my second interviewer.

Loved the school, but I'm expecting no love in return.

My second interview went like this:

Him - "So, how was your day so far."

Me - *mumbling* *frozen* *oh dear god talk you idiot*

You seem to have beaten me, though.