Yale Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedStory

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances of getting into Yale Medical School?

Undergraduate GPA in civil engineering: 2.6 (in Thailand)
Post Bacch: 3.8
- an A in general chemistry, organic chemistry, general biology I and II, Stats, A & P, and Cell Biology
MCAT: 27
Masters degree in chemical engineering
No shadowing experience
Volunteered at a hospice facility for a short while
Want to be come a doctor to help people because of what took place in India a couple of years ago (the earth quake that lead to the flooding).

31 years old applying this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I'm no expert here, but I'd say about zero. Maybe not exactly zero, but very, very close. I mean, there's always a chance that you'll push the Dean of Admissions out of the way when a truck is about to hit him or something like that. Even then, I wouldn't count on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
That MCAT score will make it rough on you, that's for sure. That undergrad GPA is definitely going to hurt too even if your post bacc was nicely done. How much research do you have? Yale is heavy on that. It also seems that your clinical hours may be lacking. Why the focus on that school? There are plenty of great schools out there that match up to your stats.

this has to be a troll...

:confused: none? I would be praying for a MD acceptance ANYWHERE

Considering that there are probably plenty of people who get rejected from Yale with better GPA, better MCAT, and more extracurriculars/clinicals, I think Yale may be quite a long shot. But a lot of other schools you can probably get into and become a practicing doctor at.

None. None at all. Unless you plan to publish a paper in Science in the next three months. Sorry to be brutally honest here.

You probably don't stand much of a chance getting into any allopathic school in the USA, especially a top 10 school like Yale. Your undergraduate GPA is very low and the sub 30 MCAT is the nail in the coffin. Sorry

You probably don't stand much of a chance getting into any allopathic school in the USA, especially a top 10 school like Yale. Your undergraduate GPA is very low and the sub 30 MCAT is the nail in the coffin. Sorry

There ya go.

OP why did you post you got an "A" in gen chem and O chem when you blantantly stated in another post that you got C's in both.

wtf?
:thumbdown: