Yale MSTP wait list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjmack

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey,

I am curious if anyone knows how much movement there is on the Yale MSTP wait list. I really love the whole yale system and their great strength in child psych. Obviously I really want to get in and was just curious about my chances.

ps all you superstars who got into yale and know you aren't going to go withdraw so I can get in :D

Members don't see this ad.

i believe there is a reasonable amount of movement - they usually don't accept more than their class, and historically wait for people to withdraw to accept people off the waitlist. this holds for the past couple of years.

if it is your first choice, it helps to write a letter of intent and get in contact with the admissions committee.

Thanks I was going to write a letter of intent. I just don't know how much it matters if the list is ranked. Thanks for the help.

Habari said:
i believe there is a reasonable amount of movement - they usually don't accept more than their class, and historically wait for people to withdraw to accept people off the waitlist. this holds for the past couple of years.

if it is your first choice, it helps to write a letter of intent and get in contact with the admissions committee.

Members don't see this ad :)
Like almost all programs, Yale over-accepts for the number of students they expect to enroll. I think they accept around 19 people off the bat for the MSTP, and wants a class of around 10-12. I have no idea what the general trend is, but last year, there were at least 3 folks off the waitlist, which I think they keep pretty short (though it seems like there wouldn't be any waitlist movement if 7-9 people have to decline first, remember that a lot of those 19 people are the same folks who were accepted to a lot of the other top programs). Good luck!

This year 18 initial offers were made for 12 spots (this includes internal applicants). The waitlist movement tends to vary - as mentioned, last year there were 3 people off the waitlist, but the year before only one person got in off the waitlist.