Yale: Time from file completion to interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhotoMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a read on how long it takes for Yale to go from completion of your secondary to interview? My file completed last week and I was wondering how long it might take once it's "in review" to hear a decision.

Members don't see this ad.

complete 8/6, still waiting for interview... (not holding my breath either)

Treg

complete 9/9...not a word other than a condescending phone conversation with some lady in the admissions office. apparently, i'm stupid.

good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
PhotoMD said:
Does anyone have a read on how long it takes for Yale to go from completion of your secondary to interview? My file completed last week and I was wondering how long it might take once it's "in review" to hear a decision.
Complete on 8/9; Invite on 10/1.

completed early Aug...still waiting (36/3.8)

I was complete in August and have not received word yet.

Complete 9-14, invite 9-21. Moral of the story seems to be, "Who knows?"

complete 9-23, interview invite 10/20

Hey guys, I just e-mailed them about the status page and they told me that it does take them more than a month to update it so don't worry if you see some items as not received yet :)

Hope this helps.

Med.D

complete 10/27, rejection: soon.

apparently, I'm not penn or HMS or yale material.

sweatybrain said:

completed 10/7, interview invite 12/20

anyone know the ratio of #interviewed/# accepted for Yale?

it's low, around 25% - there's another thread on this somewhere

Supernova said:
completed 10/7, interview invite 12/20

anyone know the ratio of #interviewed/# accepted for Yale?

complete 10/12, invite 12/14. So in my case, it was two months. I had given up.

sweatybrain said:

complete 8/6, rejection: soon.

Apparently, I *am* Penn/Cornell/Columbia material (invited in the very first round), but not Yale or HMS. This process is so difficult to understand :)

Treg

Treg said:
Apparently, I *am* Penn/Cornell/Columbia material (invited in the very first round), but not Yale or HMS. This process is so difficult to understand :)

Yep, sounds like me. I guess I am Penn/Cornell/Columbia interview material too, but just don't seem to have that special something they're looking for at Yale, HMS or Stanford.

Treg said:
complete 8/6, rejection: soon.

Treg
need i say, crapshoot? :)
and, yes, the ratio is about 1 accept per 4 interviewees, and probably a bit lower for the march round, since they utilize the waitlist too

sweatybrain said:

shut up. shut up. SHUT UP. ;)

calstudent said:
need i say, crapshoot? :)
and, yes, the ratio is about 1 accept per 4 interviewees, and probably a bit lower for the march round, since they utilize the waitlist too

gee, that's pretty low ratio.