Yale vs. Emory

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ubercoo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am pretty new to this forum and was wondering if anyone had any info or opinions on the following...

I was reading previous threads and the general consensus seemed to be: Emory is not so great a program for what you pay for, even though its ranked among the top 10.

I am in fact deciding in the next few days between Emory's Global Health Infectious Disease program, Yale's Microbial Epidemiology, UMichigan's International Health Epidemiology and Columbia's Environmental Health Sciences Environment and Molecular Epidemiology...and I really, really am having a hard time!!

Thanks for any opinions at all!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry I don't have much to offer but I'd just say that I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices. Emory's plus is the association with the CDC. But Yale's program (I believe) is pretty well integrated into the medical school and their researchers. Columbia's obviously also very solid. UMich is an excellent program but I don't know much about their international health resources.

My personal bias would be: Yale > Emory > Columbia > U Mich (factoring in my personal preferences for location)

I had that choice when I was deciding between schools. I went with Emory. I was really interested in doing more quantitative work and that wasn't Yale's strong point, in my mind. I have to say that I don't regret my decision. I love Emory. I feel like I have learned a lot from people that are at the top of their field.