Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So the day of graduation was great. How long does it take to actually matter?
I shall preface this by saying I am completely not a prick at all. I'm about the most laid-back person there is. I don't expect anyone who has known me as "HooahDOC" before to suddenly start calling me, "Dr. HooahDOC" -- I wouldn't want them to. However, it's a bit irritating that people who only know me through other people, despite knowing about the degree, still insist on using my first name. I always use Mr./Ms./Mrs. for people I'm not very familiar with. Is this long-lost etiquette or something? It seems the only people who really care are other physicians.
Maybe I'm just in the post-graduation honeymoon period and want a little recognition. Am I just being an ass? I don't think a little respect from complete strangers is too much to ask.
I shall preface this by saying I am completely not a prick at all. I'm about the most laid-back person there is. I don't expect anyone who has known me as "HooahDOC" before to suddenly start calling me, "Dr. HooahDOC" -- I wouldn't want them to. However, it's a bit irritating that people who only know me through other people, despite knowing about the degree, still insist on using my first name. I always use Mr./Ms./Mrs. for people I'm not very familiar with. Is this long-lost etiquette or something? It seems the only people who really care are other physicians.
Maybe I'm just in the post-graduation honeymoon period and want a little recognition. Am I just being an ass? I don't think a little respect from complete strangers is too much to ask.

oh wait, I have been doing that. Do those qualifications allow me to start "provoking" (not that I did) things?