Yeah, I like you... I just wouldn't have you as my doctor.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babyruth

Babyruth
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious, and I don't know if this has been talked about before, but are there some people in your class that you would never go and see as a physician or recommend your patients to see?

Members don't see this ad.

abso-friggin-lutely for sure

Members don't see this ad :)
no matter what school you go to or what grades they had before....there are people I still am like "they got into medical school????"

Your always going to find people that are kinda scary out there....maybe Thell end up pathologists and away from live people...just kidding! :)

Robz said:
no matter what school you go to or what grades they had before....there are people I still am like "they got into medical school????"

Your always going to find people that are kinda scary out there....maybe Thell end up pathologists and away from live people...just kidding! :)
Hey, Pathology is still high on my list!!! Let's hope babyruth isn't talking about me...;) Enjoy your weekend :D

robz, im sad that you're saying all those negitive things about me :(

edit: oh wait, i missed that "just kidding" part in his last sentence.

actually I am thinking of doing a forensic pathology rotation in my 4th year...I'm kicking it around.

Robz said:
actually I am thinking of doing a forensic pathology rotation in my 4th year...I'm kicking it around.

I'm planning on one, too. The ME's office is on my school's campus & is used to having us rotate through. :D

actually there are several people in our class who I hope don't graduate because I feel that they would make horrible doctors. It's kind of scary some of the people who are going to be physicians. I want lucky as my doctor though, that girl know EVERYTHING. I just get through med school by being pretty.

No I wasn't talking about Lucky or Queen bee. I guess I wasn't only talking about the people you get bad grades, but about some of the people who have weird personalities. I just couldn't imagine seeing them on a professional level.

babyruth said:
No I wasn't talking about Lucky or Queen bee. I guess I wasn't only talking about the people you get bad grades, but about some of the people who have weird personalities. I just couldn't imagine seeing them on a professional level.

Oh I totally agree...it'll be interesting to see how rotations will treat all of us :) (this is lucky, by the way)

I'm not a vendictive person, but there is one guy who is a 1st year at our state school that I really hope grows up a great deal before getting a license. The only times I've ever seen him interact with other people, he has been arrogent, demeaning, rude, and ignorant. This was over the course of three years of classes we had together. Fock him.

He's actually the only person to ever have mocked me for wanting to be a DO. And get this, his Mom's an IMG....???? What's up with that?

Hi there,
There were plenty of folks that I thought would be terrible physicians during orientation and through most of first year. Now that I have graduated and have been in residency three years I can say with total confidence that my classmates have grown into their jobs. At graduation, even the most immature of my classmates had the makings to become excellent physicians. Some of the folks who showed great promise at the beginning had not even made it to third year.

You can't make generalizations about your classmates based on sitting in class with them. Many folks begin to excel during the clinical years and really step up to the plate. Plenty of the smug first and second years wind up strugging to get the job done clinically. In the end, all of us made it through and by getting through the process became ready for the next step i.e. residency.

Settle down and don't make any generalizations until you have that diploma in hand. There are plenty of pitfalls along the way and you won't be tested until that first night on call as an intern and you are the decision maker (been there, done that and have survived).

njbmd :cool:

stoic said:
I'm not a vendictive person, but there is one guy who is a 1st year at our state school that I really hope grows up a great deal before getting a license. The only times I've ever seen him interact with other people, he has been arrogent, demeaning, rude, and ignorant. This was over the course of three years of classes we had together. Fock him.

He's actually the only person to ever have mocked me for wanting to be a DO. And get this, his Mom's an IMG....???? What's up with that?

stoic!! hahhaha you wanna be a DO ??? hahahah... oh wait... :eek: !!! hhaha just kiddin!! :)

Now babyruth I know I'm just a youngin'.............but I'm sorry if you think I'm weird;) I totally agree with you, as I'm sure many people in our class would that there are some people I wouldn't let give me cough medicine right now..........but each person is different and a lot of that can be based on things that you shouldn't use to judge other people so I am going to take njbmd's advice and just hope that some of those people can either grow up or learn professionalism before I will need to decide if I want to refer patients to them:) You have to say that for the most part though, our class really isn't that bad overall (though we did lose 20 between MSI and MS II :D )

You have to say that for the most part though, our class really isn't that bad overall (though we did lose 20 between MSI and MS II :D )[/QUOTE]

What.. hold the press. DMU lost 20 students in their first 2 years... wow

Why did you loose so many... everyone will answer.. oh personal problems... so other than personal problems.. like people deciding to move to be with family with grandma or because they realize they don't want to play god.

Do they simply fail?

docbill said:
You have to say that for the most part though, our class really isn't that bad overall (though we did lose 20 between MSI and MS II :D )

What.. hold the press. DMU lost 20 students in their first 2 years... wow

Why did you loose so many... everyone will answer.. oh personal problems... so other than personal problems.. like people deciding to move to be with family with grandma or because they realize they don't want to play god.

Do they simply fail?[/QUOTE]

To be quite honest with you we started with 209 or something like that and some quit during first year, some got caught cheating, and some failed out. I don't know the numbers or anything, but I just assume its a natural part of school since it gets increasingly intense first year. Overall though our class has a very high class average with a lot of people who do really well.

At the beginning of my first year, one of our administrators told us:

"When you leave medical school you have a list of diseases you never want to get and a list of doctors you never want to treat you."

Truer words were never spoken. My list grows daily...

(although I also have a growing list of doctors-to-be that I would entrust with my or my family's health without hesitation...)