Yes...another what are my chance thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seamonkey21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Science 3.35
Non-Science 3.12
Although post-bacc GPA is 3.79
Will get a second degree
MCAT 25 (7VR, 9BS, 9PS)
-California resident, but grew up in Ohio until a few years ago
What are my chances of getting into MSUCOM, OUCOM, PCOM, or CCOM? I would like to get your honest thought.

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Well your Post-Bacc looks good and your MCAT is not bad but the 7 in VR might require some explaining. You also must remember you have listed some very competative DO schools. MSUCOM and OUCOM are state schools and PCOM and CCOM are great schools with a history of high mark students. Having said all that I think you have a decent chance. Just apply ASAP and maybe drop a few other schools into your list. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Science 3.35
Non-Science 3.12
Will get a second degree
MCAT 25 (7VR, 9BS, 9PS)
What are my chances of getting into MSUCOM, OUCOM, PCOM, or CCOM? I would like to get your honest thought.

Thanks!!!

What are your extra curriculars?
Volunteer?
Work?
Type of degree?
Who is writing you letters of recommendation?
Where did you go to school?
Who do you know at any of these schools?
When are you applying?

All factors. No one can answer this. Admission is not based on numbers alone.

I would say with your numbers you will likely get an interview. After that its up to you to screw up. :) Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have both clinical and research experience. I currently volunteer at a free clinic, I have volunteered in a hospital as well. I have been VP and President of my schools AMSA, which I helped start on campus. We also raised money to put on a pre-medical conference free of charge to local students. I am also involved in my honors society that I was inducted into a few years ago. My research has been done at school and at MD Anderson in Texas. I have letters from both PI's as well as some professors. All are really good, and personal letters. During my previous degree, I owned my own business and took part in a variety of different internships. I have also worked for a Fortune 500 company as a marketing rep for them.

I hope that helps you all a little bit more.

Science 3.35
Non-Science 3.12
Will get a second degree
MCAT 25 (7VR, 9BS, 9PS)

Thanks!!!

based on info, your are competitve. REst depends on ECs and medical experience.

I have both clinical and research experience. I currently volunteer at a free clinic, I have volunteered in a hospital as well. I have been VP and President of my schools AMSA, which I helped start on campus. We also raised money to put on a pre-medical conference free of charge to local students. I am also involved in my honors society that I was inducted into a few years ago. My research has been done at school and at MD Anderson in Texas. I have letters from both PI's as well as some professors. All are really good, and personal letters. During my previous degree, I owned my own business and took part in a variety of different internships. I have also worked for a Fortune 500 company as a marketing rep for them.

I hope that helps you all a little bit more.

I would say you are a highly competitive applicant on paper. If you can match this with your personality and interview appeal you should do just fine.

Seamonkey: What did you enjoy and not enjoy when shadowing a D.O.?