Can I leverage an Acceptance to get off the WL at another school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

superdesperate

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got into WCUCOM-my very first acceptance, ever. So I'm happy. I got Waitlisted at TOURO Harlem in December like a week after my interview, sadly. They have a ranked waitlist and don't take an letters of intent or other updates until May.

I 100% want TOURO. I was wondering if there would be any way to leverage my A from another school to get off the WL? There is a MASSIVE 2K deposit for WCUCOM and I want to avoid losing that money if I can eventually get into Touro. Thank you in advance!

@Goro @Mr.Smile12 @wysdoc @GoSpursGo @Faha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No. Not at all. I’d bet some would even ask if you could be formally rejected for trying this just to have one less email to deal with.
 
I just got into WCUCOM-my very first acceptance, ever. So I'm happy. I got Waitlisted at TOURO Harlem in December like a week after my interview, sadly. They have a ranked waitlist and don't take an letters of intent or other updates until May.

I 100% want TOURO. I was wondering if there would be any way to leverage my A from another school to get off the WL? There is a MASSIVE 2K deposit for WCUCOM and I want to avoid losing that money if I can eventually get into Touro. Thank you in advance!

@Goro @Mr.Smile12 @wysdoc @GoSpursGo @Faha
I mean, what is there to leverage? If I had an applicant that already got into medical school, I might as well give a shot to someone that I think hasn't gotten into any school