Can I leverage an Acceptance to get off the WL at another school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

superdesperate

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got into WCUCOM-my very first acceptance, ever. So I'm happy. I got Waitlisted at TOURO Harlem in December like a week after my interview, sadly. They have a ranked waitlist and don't take an letters of intent or other updates until May.

I 100% want TOURO. I was wondering if there would be any way to leverage my A from another school to get off the WL? There is a MASSIVE 2K deposit for WCUCOM and I want to avoid losing that money if I can eventually get into Touro. Thank you in advance!

@Goro @Mr.Smile12 @wysdoc @GoSpursGo @Faha

Members don't see this ad.

Consider the 2K deposit insurance. You'll get it back as an attending.

I have yet to hear I have yet to hear that in the DO world that acceptance at one school will make you more attractive as a candidate to another school.

Send Touro a love letter in May, and for the best, but be prepared to attend WCU

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, you answered your own question--they told you NOT to send them an update until May, so I would assume they would not appreciate you ignoring what they asked.

Congratulations!

Reactions: 1 users
No. Not at all. I’d bet some would even ask if you could be formally rejected for trying this just to have one less email to deal with.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got into WCUCOM-my very first acceptance, ever. So I'm happy. I got Waitlisted at TOURO Harlem in December like a week after my interview, sadly. They have a ranked waitlist and don't take an letters of intent or other updates until May.

I 100% want TOURO. I was wondering if there would be any way to leverage my A from another school to get off the WL? There is a MASSIVE 2K deposit for WCUCOM and I want to avoid losing that money if I can eventually get into Touro. Thank you in advance!

@Goro @Mr.Smile12 @wysdoc @GoSpursGo @Faha
I mean, what is there to leverage? If I had an applicant that already got into medical school, I might as well give a shot to someone that I think hasn't gotten into any school

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you for the feedback, everyone! I will very very much stay away from doing anything stupid and continue to focus on my other upcoming interviews instead!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users