Yeshiva Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cajal

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I just got back from my interview at Yeshiva for their clinical health phd program.

The interview was just a brief meeting with the director of the program. It was interesting. It was my first interview for grad school and I think somewhat atypical of what my future interview experiences will be like, but I guess I'll soon find out!

So, I told her that I had heard that Ferkauf has more of a departmental model of training than a mentor model. She agreed and emphasized that this was for philosophical reasons. She said that she believes that the best way to prepare graduate students for the real world is for their graduate school experiences to mirror the real world,and that she thinks that it just doesn't work to 'hold the students hands' and provide them with predetermined sites for internships for example. I'm curious what you all think about this?

Also, I'd like to know from people who have already interviewed if one of the questions I was asked is a typical phd interview question: "If you were to do your dissertation tomorrow, what would it be and how would you go about it?"
How would/did you go about answering this question? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.