Yet another grade replacement question, slightly lower grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HipChick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Than first time. I got a B+ in physics1 first time, twelve years ago. I'm calculating and it looks like I'm on schedule for a B this time. So... I assume with GR, the accept the newest grade correct (hence replacement) but I just want to clarify for my own sanity. Thanks everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I always thought in cases of GR, the lower grade was replaced with the higher. I didn't think about old grades vs. new grades. I'm interested in this answer as well.

I am pretty positive it is the new grade vs. the old grade....but you are the one that designates it as a retaken class on AACOMAS....so if you don't indicate it's a retake maybe it will just get factored into your gpa like a new class? I don't know if there is a rule though that you HAVE to designate it as a retake if it is though. If it is, then AACOMAS will likely fix it, and the second grade will replace the old one...

I am pretty positive it is the new grade vs. the old grade....but you are the one that designates it as a retaken class on AACOMAS....so if you don't indicate it's a retake maybe it will just get factored into your gpa like a new class? I don't know if there is a rule though that you HAVE to designate it as a retake if it is though. If it is, then AACOMAS will likely fix it, and the second grade will replace the old one...

If you don't designate it as a replacement, AACOMAS will hold your application and make you correct your categorization. Ask me how I know :oops: