grade replacements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

penguin111

Reaction score
if I re-take a class, are med schools going to average my new and old grade together or are they going to count them as two separate grades on my transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

They generally count them as two separate grades. Some schools might weigh recent grades more heavily than older grades.

They generally count them as two separate grades. Some schools might weigh recent grades more heavily than older grades.
So when im calculating my gpa on one of those online gpa calculators, do I put my old grade and new grade as two separate classes/grades or do I average the new and old grade into one? I know my credits won't count twice. im just trying to figure out exactly how med schools would calculate my gpa so that I know.

Members don't see this ad :)
So when im calculating my gpa on one of those online gpa calculators, do I put my old grade and new grade as two separate classes/grades or do I average the new and old grade into one? I know my credits won't count twice. im just trying to figure out exactly how med schools would calculate my gpa so that I know.
You enter both grades. AACOMAS will factor both into your GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
You enter both grades. AACOMAS will factor both into your GPA.
im still confused about the credits tho. because on those online gpa calculators, you need to put in a grade and then the amount of credits for that specific class. one of my chem classes was 4 credits. I put my old and new grade in separately so do I put in 4 credits for both?

im still confused about the credits tho. because on those online gpa calculators, you need to put in a grade and then the amount of credits for that specific class. one of my chem classes was 4 credits. I put my old and new grade in separately so do I put in 4 credits for both?
Yup. There's an option to mark a course as "repeated" when you enter it into AACOMAS. It will calculate everything correctly.

Reactions: 1 user