Yet another large labcorp acquisition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WEBB PINKERTON

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Better yet, just buy shares in LabCorp

It's too bad for all the lab techs, phlebs, etc. who'll be losing their jobs. Some may get offers from Quest/LabCorp but eventually things will be scaled down and/or outright eliminated as testing will be centralized in the bigger cities (Seattle in this case). Yet another example of labs outsourcing their testing to take a paycheck leaving a vacuum of unemployed in the area...The thing is clin lab testing is almost always a profitable entity with [reasonable] volume. But, some places are willing to sell out to take a payday rather than for more virtuous reasons such as low volume/too much overhead i.e. most often employee packages. Free market capitalism just doing what it does I suppose...

Reactions: 1 user
It is disappointing the American dream has become "create a business, scare competitors into buying you". Few in our industry seem interested in building a brand and taking the fight to publicly traded behemoths. Eventually there will just be a handful of regional labs in the US, much like other countries. Efficiency is definitely going to put a lot of pathologists and lab workers on the unemployment lines.

Speaking of brands.....
Did anyone notice that David Bostwick is now back with Bostwick labs?

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...Dr.-David-G.-Bostwick-Returns-Chief-Executive

Members don't see this ad :)
Would love to know the whole story. Why did he come back? He got sued by the government and had to pay out millions of dollars not that long ago. I figured the new owners of Bostwick probably wanted him out. I thought it was weird the lab was still named after him during his departure.

Some of bostwick's business units used to be players in our territory but that was years ago. Don't know of anyone in my area using them now.

Last edited: