• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

miaomaya

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
Hey guys. I am a chemical engineering major with a 3.3 gpa, ~3.6 for math and science, excluding bio. I hope to take the DAT some time in late June, early July aiming for mostly 20's. Do I have a chance for the 2008 cycle?

dizzle23x

10+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Hey guys. I am a chemical engineering major with a 3.3 gpa, ~3.6 for math and science, excluding bio. I hope to take the DAT some time in late June, early July aiming for mostly 20's. Do I have a chance for the 2008 cycle?

depends how your dat goes

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Dallas
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
seriously...there is nothing to base an opinion on. You only gave us two GPA scores and a prediction of your DATs.

That's like asking a carpenter if you have a chance at building a house and saying "I have a hammer and I might be getting some wood. What are the chances I can build this house on my own?"

Gotta give more info

About the Ads

erwin99

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

seriously, these threads are getting more and more pathetic. And I'm feeling more and more pathetic for reading them.

GoDucks69

some dude
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I'm waiting for the high school kids to come on here and give their GPA and SAT score and ask what their chances are.

djeffreyt

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Dallas
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
I'll preempt that.

I had a high school GPA of 2.35 and an SAT score of 1200.

Anything lower and you'e screwed on getting into dental school...no matter how well you do in college. Just give up. Also, Reading sections counts more than math by a factor of 1.075:1.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.