Yet Another "What Are My Chances?" Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

troubadour

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in my third year at the University of Toronto. I will be taking the GRE over the summer and possibly again in the fall (depending on how the first attempt goes).

I am applying for MHA programs in the States.

Here's a summary of my qualifications:
GPA: ~3.2 (will finish this year with as low as a 3.19 and as high as a 3.28)
Professional Experience:
Physician's Assistant (5 years)
- Managed flow of patients, did travel consultations
- Ran a preventative program for ~400 diabetes patients (which led into my next job with the clinic)

Health Promotion Coordinator (2 years)
- Ran campaigns for: shingles prevention, mindfulness therapy, bone marrow donation

Fundraising Supervisor
- Personally raised about $35 000 in a summer

Fundraising Specialist
- Started recently, so not a lot to say just yet haha

Research Experience:
RA for...
- Large specialized hospital (breast cancer epidemiology)
- Local hospital (health services research)
- HIV Prevention lab (mental health and HIV prevention)
- Psychology lab (developmental psychology)
- School of Public Health (nutritional health)

Published in a journal on public policy with group on campus

Extracurricular:
Editor-in-Chief of student newspaper (budget of $15 000)
Executive on a few student groups
Executive on a local charity for two years

So that's what I have done...here's where I want to go...

MHA
Tulane
UNC - Chapel Hill
Johns Hopkins
Cornell
Georgia State
San Diego State
Washington
Michigan
Memphis

I would love to get into Tulane or Johns Hopkins, but I would also be happy at any of these schools.

Anyways, what are my chances? Other than the obvious (improve GPA/high score on GRE), what can I do to improve my application?