Yikes, apply this year or the next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prehealthpro111

Reaction score
I had a very low GPA in my undergrad. I did a postbacc program and had about a 3.3 GPA. Now I'm in a masters program and so far, my cumulative is 3.4. I have another semester left of the masters. I haven't taken DAT yet, but any advice? Should I apply now or wait until next year? (Yes, I have shadowing & volunteering experience, just wanted to get to the point.)

Members don't see this ad.

If your cumulative GPA in the master’s program is 3.4, that’s very concerning.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a very low GPA in my undergrad. I did a postbacc program and had about a 3.3 GPA. Now I'm in a masters program and so far, my cumulative is 3.4. I have another semester left of the masters. I haven't taken DAT yet, but any advice? Should I apply now or wait until next year? (Yes, I have shadowing & volunteering experience, just wanted to get to the point.)
I mean, have you studied for the DAT? At all? If no you obviously shouldn't apply because you will be studying for at least 1-2 months and by then you will have lost the optimal window to apply. Applying early is very important

I mean, have you studied for the DAT? At all? If no you obviously shouldn't apply because you will be studying for at least 1-2 months and by then you will have lost the optimal window to apply. Applying early is very important
Studying for it currently. Scheduled to take in July

Let's stay positive. One thing I notice is that your GPA is definitely improving. But on the other side, I can't tell if this improvement alone can be enough. Another important thing is, if you don't mind me asking, what is your sGPA?

Also for the DAT, I'm not sure how long you have been studying it for, but definitely give yourself sufficient studying time. Some may need just a few weeks, while some may need a little more time--we're all different! Take it when you feel you're ready, and this readiness should decide whether you should apply this cycle or the next one. Rushing to get your scores in just to be on time for this cycle can be a waste of money and time if you don't get the scores you want or need.

Best of luck!