You can still get into med school with a 6!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ihateverbal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I know there have been a lot of threads about verbal. I also agree that its a crapshoot section.

But I want to give everyone inspiration that you can still get into med school. I got in this morning with a "6" on verbal reasoning. I got a 6 on the April 2006 test, and I got another 6 on the August 2006. I took the blow two times.

My advice to all is if you have something weak, you need to make sure EVERYTHING ELSE IS FLAWLESS ON YOUR APPLICATION. If the answer to that is yes, I think you will be okay.

And for those who are wondering, I am NOT a URM and I am from Cali, so this is all very possible. Good luck to all of you!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the infor, I was thinking that I will never get into school because of my verbal score. I usually do really badly for my verbal (6s on the AAMCs) because I am not a native speaker and I have only been in the US for 3 and a half year. So it is really good to hear that I still stand a chance.

what is your definition of flawless?
I usually do well for my biology and physical sciences (12-13)
I got a 4.0 GPA, have reasearch , clinical, surgical experience, volunteer services.
Is that close?

you're better than me.

i only had a 3.8 but i have a ton of life experiences/extracurriculars.

the school i got into is technically not the ideal place I'd like to go, but it's still a med school