You crazy kids better hold off on sky diving, at least for now...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
our tax dollars hard at work... beautiful. *throws-up with disgust*

:thumbdown: +pissed+

:idea: lets spend some of that money and try to get a few of the 43.6 million uninsured some coverage, I mean our tax dollars can be used to care for criminals in jail, why can't we raise the bar and reach out to non-criminals with a jobs that actually contribute to society?

naaahhh military's not quite big enough yet...

:wow: so cynical and not even 24...

:clap:

Awesome!!!

I guess since there's no study proving the effectiveness of parachutes in preventing death or serious injury when jumping off an airplane, you should just jump without one.

That link made my day. Nice to see some people in Medicine have a sense of humor.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by H0mersimps0n
our tax dollars hard at work... beautiful. *throws-up with disgust*

:thumbdown: +pissed+

:idea: lets spend some of that money and try to get a few of the 43.6 million uninsured some coverage, I mean our tax dollars can be used to care for criminals in jail, why can't we raise the bar and reach out to non-criminals with a jobs that actually contribute to society?

naaahhh military's not quite big enough yet...

:wow: so cynical and not even 24...

Relax, it was mainly a joke. Besides, those are not your tax dollars at work (unless you're British). The "study" was published in the BMJ (British Medical Journal) and was done at Cambridge. I believe the main investigator's name was Dr. R. Atkinson.

Those crazy britts. First monty python, now this. What will they think of next?

eh, whatever- lucky Brits to be able to waste money on such crap...

Bloody hell! that floored me!!!

What a fabulous reality check and slap in the chops for Evidence Based Medicine!!!