You Know You Are A Neurotic Premed When...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ms. Medic

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
...You prefer weekdays to weekends because secondary email invites don't typically come on Saturdays and Sundays.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Felt. I'm just over here killing time pre-writing the secondaries for schools I haven't heard back from yet...I just wish work was busier so that then time didn't pass like molasses. :(

Reactions: 1 users
Killing time pre-writing secondaries is a better use of your time than spending hours on SDN reading old threads, IMHO. Although SDN is a hugely valuable resource, support group, outlet etc, it can be a huge time-pit if the user allows it!

Members don't see this ad :)
You know you're a neurotic premed when Monday is an exciting day because ad coms send out interviews on weekdays

Reactions: 2 users
Lol! You aren't the only one. The highlight of my week is getting interview invites, the lowlight rejection emails.

Man you guys are going to drive yourselves crazy before school even starts

Reactions: 3 users
When you refresh your email every 5 seconds after someone else get an ii in school thread.

Man that sucked. A lot of my II came in January . So just like 5 months of checking my email every time my phone vibrated...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Man that sucked. A lot of my II came in January . So just like 5 months of checking my email every time my phone vibrated...

So much this. I never realized how much complete nonsense I got in my inbox until I started applying to medical school. No, Groupon, I don't need to know about all of the getaways available to me, because it's not like I'm going to have any money for the forseeable future anyways. -____-

...You prefer weekdays to weekends because secondary email invites don't typically come on Saturdays and Sundays.

You know you're a neurotic premed when Monday is an exciting day because ad coms send out interviews on weekdays

MUCOM has sent interview invites on Sundays. Have fun knowing this.... :laugh:

Reactions: 3 users
MUCOM has sent interview invites on Sundays. Have fun knowing this.... :laugh:
And mayo sends them at 230ish in the morning. Don't wanna sleep through the best dates to schedule. Better stay up.

Ya know what? I think I got my KCOM one at like 1130pm on a Saturday.

Also, what if you send the secondary back too fast? They'll know you must've pre-wrote your secondaries. Is that some kind of ethics violation? Will they think you're a gunner? Too many variables!

Reactions: 1 user
Just know, the crazy doesn't stop. I'm getting my board scores this coming week, but I can't help but log into the portal every day for the last week to check for my score...

Reactions: 1 user
Weekend guys, go to city hall or city central get some walking or catch pokemon or something lol....

Just know, the crazy doesn't stop. I'm getting my board scores this coming week, but I can't help but log into the portal every day for the last week to check for my score...

The whole medical education process kind of selects for crazy...and I feel like with me it gets worse as I age. I'm 10x more neurotic now about details than I was back in freshmen year. Good for applications and patient charts, bad for sanity.