You will never be a dentist if you....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Benoir

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You will never be a dentist if you do any of the following....

You take community college classes.
You crack your knuckles in the interview.
Your letter of recommendation is less than 1/2 a page.
You send in your essay in the wrong font.
Your GPA is high but your DAT is low.
Your DAT is high but your GPA is low.
The dentist you shadow is over 50.
Your handwriting is poor.
You get a C or below in any class and don't include a letter of apology for it in your application.
You only brush once a day.
You don't cut your nails before you floss.

And finally....

If you ever get a cavity, you better remove that tooth with a wrench and claim terrorists stole your tooth.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Members don't see this ad.

You get a C or below in any class and don't include a letter of apology for it in your application.

And finally....

If you ever get a cavity, you better remove that tooth with a wrench and claim terrorists stole your tooth.

Obviously you have no idea about what it takes to get in to dental school. But maybe your jusy making a joke...in that case, alot of people do say stupid stuff like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I give this failed attempt at trying to mimic a previous thread 1/2 a star.

Ok, unrelated comment I don't mean to look like a thread hijacker, but I hear that prior to mid 1980s, dental hygienists were never taught to go below the gum line. Furthermore, I was told if the dental hyg was over 45, to request a different one because their training was much different..which I don't think I would EVER do. Anyone know if this is true though? Or we can just use this thread to make bets on if you guys scared/embarrassed Benoir off from posting and now he will create a new identity...unless he already has a second identity..hmmm.

I suggest furthermore changing this thread to the **official: Reasons you will never be like Armorshell** thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, unrelated comment I don't mean to look like a thread hijacker, but I hear that prior to mid 1980s, dental hygienists were never taught to go below the gum line. Furthermore, I was told if the dental hyg was over 45, to request a different one because their training was much different..which I don't think I would EVER do. Anyone know if this is true though? Or we can just use this thread to make bets on if you guys scared/embarrassed Benoir off from posting and now he will create a new identity...unless he already has a second identity..hmmm.

I suggest furthermore changing this thread to the **official: Reasons you will never be like Armorshell** thread.

Yea, neither would I. A hygienist with that kind of work experience has to be valuable (but I don't know when a hygienist plans on retiring or whatever they do) to an extent. Just get them to complete some continuing education and they should be fine... I mean, I would trust a dentist who graduated before prior to the mid 80's.

And finally....

I'm known to do about three of those things listed above (in addition to cracking my knuckles during my interview at UOP). The one thing I think helped me was to make my interviewer laugh; a lot.:laugh:

BTW I actually think this thread is hilarious. I was just joking along with the OP, you don't really think he was serious did you?

Also, I fit into 8 of those categories :D

you will never have any friends if......

1. your name is Benoir

2. your parents named you Benoir

3. you are Benoir

If you don't go to bed right now-and don't forget to brush your teeth.

what the heck is a letter of apology (pertaining to a poor grade)? I have never heard of that!

you will never be a dentist if you have have any felony and maybe DUI

Wow this thread is all over the place.

It is all over the place, but funny none the less. When I first started reading it I was thinking "is this guy serious?" then I caught the sarcasm...loool

Genius!!!

You will never be a dentist if you.......

don't get accepted by a dental school. Duh...... :hardy:

Another few less known facts.

When you mail in your application, if you use a manila folder, either tape or lick the adhesive. If you tape and lick, Lick and metal, or metal then tape, you will look obsessive and less personable. If you metal and tape and lick, you might as well burn it. Do not use the metal at all. If you just use the metal it looks like you don't care, and I already explained why you shouldn't use it with something else.

Be 30 minutes early to your interview; Dental Professors don't like to wait even if they are early

If you put engaged on your application and either call it off or get married, your admission can be aborted if you don't update your application.

If you forget to call a Dr. at a school "Doctor, you better hope he didn't hear you. (Sometimes they'll try and trick you by saying "Call me ____." You better remember to call them Dr. ___.)

If you chew gum, it needs to be a non-fruit flavored enamel friendly brand.

If you have to sit and wait for an interview, make sure to cross your legs in the classic gender specific way. (Men - ankle on knee; Women - crossed ankles) This is a very important part of the interview.

If you have to sit in a desk in dental school, DO NOT SLOUCH! Bad Posture Leads to Bad Back which leads to Pain which leads to the Dark Side which leads to getting kicked out of Dental school.

AND MOST IMPORTANT!!!

Wear scentless antiperspirant and if you have to wear deodorant make sure its appropriate. (ocean something near the sea and pine/old spice near the woods)