Your Favorite Michael Jackson song

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StaviZFingerZ

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so it wasn't cool to like Michael Jackson when I was in HS....it was heavy metal/rock or else...

As strange as he was, let's face it. He's an iconic figure who created mega hits and some great songs.

Here's a forgotten yet one of my fav songs from Michael Jackson.....he seemed normal then...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF0o-W5uu8o[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad.

Smooth Criminal
moonwalk_emoticon_by_c_specter.gif

This is kind of like choosing your favorite child, it's impossible to choose just one.

If I had to choose just one, methinks nothing can beat "Beat it"

Members don't see this ad :)
my vote goes to beat it! Didn't van halen do the gutair parts in that song?!!

Best Video
Black or White - the uncensored version with the bizarre and somehow awesome excessive crotch grabbing/car smashing part that they stopped showing on TV due to complaints. But when that crazy face morphing technique was shown to the public for the first time, everyone's collective jaw dropped. In the holler my grandma (one of those "born in 19-aught-7 not really racist but was raised back then" types) was sitting there watching the thing and she goes, "Daaaayum. That white girl turned into a colored boy! A good lookin' colored boy I might add. "

Best Song
Remember the Time or Ben...can't decide...I liked Jam, too...

Last edited:
Oooooh, wow. I don't know if I can do it either. Boy did I love him growing up in the late 80's. And his music videos were ridiculous. MJ was actually my first concert I ever went to back in 93...there were well over 100K in attendance, so it was pretty insane.

Think I may have to go with The Way You Make Me Feel, and Billie Jean. Heck, I don't know if I want to admit this, but I even liked the beat to his "newer" one You Rock My World.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FMo5Ky6VRI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7MmEMrCRfc[/YOUTUBE]

See...the above reason is why I wish MJ would have made a comeback. The robot dance needs to popular again. And MJ was sick as hell at that ****...

I am a hopeless romantic, so my vote goes to "You are Not Alone." I remember when I first saw the video as a kid, I was stunned by how different this video was from his other videos, esp how little clothing he had on. Oh those were the days

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a hopeless romantic, so my vote goes to "You are Not Alone." I remember when I first saw the video as a kid, I was stunned by how different this video was from his other videos, esp how little clothing he had on. Oh those were the days

absolutely beautiful song...though his post wacko-jacko material doesn't get much fanfare, it's clear that even if he lost a step or two, he still had those great pipes

Oooooh, wow. I don't know if I can do it either. Boy did I love him growing up in the late 80's. And his music videos were ridiculous. MJ was actually my first concert I ever went to back in 93...there were well over 100K in attendance, so it was pretty insane.

Think I may have to go with The Way You Make Me Feel, and Billie Jean. Heck, I don't know if I want to admit this, but I even liked the beat to his "newer" one You Rock My World.

[YOUTUBE]5FMo5Ky6VRI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]s7MmEMrCRfc[/YOUTUBE]

I wonder who caught the hat in the second video and how much they sold it for? Of course, pending that they could prove it's authenticity.

My favorite songs were: P.Y.T, smooth criminal, and human nature. I also liked the song "I'll be there" by the Jackson 5.

It's a tie between Smooth Criminal and Billie Jean. He may have been Jacko but he's still one of my favorite solo artists.

+1 for You are Not Alone. That song and the cd it was on introduced me to MJ when I was a youngin

"Black and White" is definitely my favorite song overall, but as for his slower songs I'd have to say "Heal the World." I'm surprised this was not already said. Just curious, has anyone else heard of this one?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ6wupB-5Fs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
The Way You Make Me Feel, Smooth Criminal, Billie Jean.

"Oh I'll be workin from 9 to 5... to buy you things to keep you by my side."
I think I learned my dating etiquette from MJ. :D

My favorite song was Remember the Times! The best video was Smooth Criminal, that video was before the Matrix movie times, so when he leaned down everybody was on their feet cheering!

Think I may have to go with The Way You Make Me Feel, and Billie Jean. Heck, I don't know if I want to admit this, but I even liked the beat to his "newer" one You Rock My World.]

+1! I really like this live version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GKHZ-C7hr0
I couldn't help dancing to the beat and laughing at the end :p

I'm partial to Billie Jean.

Man, I used to go to hip hop competitions in college and there wasn't a single one that would go by without a crew using MJ in one of their sets.

There was a scene in Back to the Future 2 where Michael J Fox walks into the Cafe 80s bar and there is a movie TV screen with Michael Jackson as the waiter, and Beat It being played in the background.

Another thing was when in Back to the Future 3 when he got sent to the 1880s, the bad cowboy was making Michael J Fox dance by shooting at his feet, and he ends up doing the moonwalk.

There was a scene in Back to the Future 2 where Michael J Fox walks into the Cafe 80s bar and there is a movie TV screen with Michael Jackson as the waiter, and Beat It being played in the background.

Another thing was when in Back to the Future 3 when he got sent to the 1880s, the bad cowboy was making Michael J Fox dance by shooting at his feet, and he ends up doing the moonwalk.

BTTF = my favorite movies of all time

MCFLY!?!?!?

As I recall, that scene in Cafe 80s was with a computer MJ and computer Ronald Regan.

Last edited:
My favorite songs were: P.Y.T, smooth criminal, and human nature. I also liked the song "I'll be there" by the Jackson 5.

All solid picks....really shows his range...I love the last two you listed, beautiful songs :)

Definitely Billie Jean. He did the moonwalk to Billie Jean.

This is really tough, I love a lot of Michael's music but If I had to choose, I would pick Man in the Mirror and PYT. Love those songs :D

and who else could ever look cool in a white tee, black pants, and white socks

favorite video: thriller; i remember seeing it for the first time and thinking it was a movie. favorite song: don't stop till you get enough. everytime i hear that song, it brings a smile to my face and makes me want to dance around the living room :love: