Your ideas and thoughts please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HelixPurifico

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just started my first year at SFU, and am taking first year Science and Math courses. I am taking pre-reqs for Pharmacy at UBC.
The thing is, I'm already struggling.
University work is way different than high school, and I'm just wondering should I find another career because of this?
I've been told by so many people that if you struggle in undergrad courses, then your future in medicine won't be too promising.
However, do you think it could just be adjusting to a different type of work load?
I mean so far I've been getting pretty much perfect marks on assignments and other things it's just I find having to know this information so rapidly is a bit more challenging. My midterms are next week, and two weeks after that, so I guess I should know by then.

But my real question is how was your first term in university? Was it much like how I am experiencing it? I am pretty dedicated to becoming a Pharmacist and have done tons of research, however does having difficulties now reflect badly upon my acceptance as a pharmacist?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you doing the few hours review after the day's classes are done that is recommended? If you really want to get into pharmacy school and do well, I suggest you get in the habit of doing this because you will definitely have to do it once you are a pharmacy student. It's not like high school where they will cover a subject for several classes. You have to do some work on your own and prepare for the tests. You could also come across a professor that doesn't teach a lick on what's going to be on the test and it's complete self study. Either way, you have to make the grade if you want to get into pharmacy or any other post graduate studies.