Your Most Favorite Club/Organization

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DemonDeacon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Name of Club
Young Scientist Program

What it Means to You
My baby! I started it Fall 2002 because as a kid in high school, I never had help with any of my projects. Well, I wanted to make sure the kids near my university were well connected with us. Our first year, we had 13 volunteers. This year, Fall 2003, over 80 students showed up to our first meeting of the year, with over 300 hours put into tutoring, sci fair judging, and demonstrations. I've learned a lot from it, but I feel bad leaving it next year.

What You Do
Basically, we do fun stuff with kids in the areas of science. From sci fair judging, to sci fair prep, we're all about enriching experiences in science and math.

Web Site
http://clubs.ncsu.edu/ysp

Photos...
Ryan,%20Ben,%20&%20Mahmoud%20Physics%20Demo%2003.JPG

us making slime...
Slime%2008.JPG

Let's hear about yours! This should give some people some ideas and some insight on what our beloved future docs did in college.

Members don't see this ad.

Ronald McDonald House volunteering. What a fantastic organization! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Central Missouri Astronomical Association.

We use telescopes to educate people about the universe. It's really something else to see a grown adult look through the eyepiece and break down into tears upon viewing Saturn in all its glory. Kids love it, it's fun to help them learn. We have a 16" Schmidt-Cassegrain reflector here at Mizzou, and a 12.3" refractor built in the mid 1800s at a nearby small college.

Makes those physics classes worth it!

^Wow! I have never heard of that before! Sounds awesome!

HAPA- Multi racial/cultural interest group!!

My friends and I started this up.... fun events and discussions with VERY cool people :D

Best Buddies! This is an awsome organization that pairs you up (according to your interests and similarities) in a one-to-one friendship with someone who has a developmentally disablity (down's syndrome, autism, etc.) Kind of like a Big Brother, Big Sister program.

My Buddy is so great! Not only is he one of the nicest people I know, but always cracks me up.

Anyone can volunteer...check out the site if interested :thumbup:
www.bestbuddies.org

National Rifle Association, followed closely by the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association.

Chicago Cubs Major League Baseball Club

link

World Series Champs '04