Your opinion: Ideal year breakdown for MSTP?

Started by kkeen15
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kkeen15

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just curious what your opinions are as to what the best divisions would be for breaking down the years of the MD/PhD? I'm curious what experienced and inexperienced folk think, and your reasoning.

I read in another thread that there are a variety of breakdowns for the MD/PhD, deviating from the typical 2/PhD/2. At this point, I think I might prefer to do all the PhD coursework, then complete the MD (not much of an integrated program, basically just getting both done on the MSTP dollar I guess, but why not?!?). My reasoning: I will be starting my first year of grad school in June 2005, and hope to apply for Ohio State's MSTP next year. This is what I'm going to propose when I begin harassing them to allow me to apply, so they won't think I'm just trying to use the program to move away from research 🙂