Your top school (not a list)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
JJ4, why is funding an issue at UCLA MSTP? You'll get guaranteed funding if u get accepted, no?

Members don't see this ad.

My top 3:
1)BU
2)GW
3)somebody give me a third interview! anybody!

Today...
1. Cornell
1. (tie) UPENN
3. Columbia

Changes by the minute, however.
Zan

Members don't see this ad :)
My list as of this month:

1. UVA (please send me the big letter! )
2. Northwestern (I cannot decide if the money is feasible. I loved it so much though. Hope I get in!)
3. MCV/VCU (my favorite school that has accepted me thus far)

My updated list is as follows:

1. Yale - why hath thy not granted thee an interview? :(
2. Cornell
3. Columbia tied with Einstein

Hey chef. Actually there are three categories at UCLA, Full funding, partial, and no funding. Also , because I'm out of state they said I may have to pay the first year fees...I'm not quite clear on it. Almost everyone in the program however WILL get fully funded. I just thought they were a bit unclear on the funding aspect. Also, 20K is pretty tight for LA. I like the research very much though. My only draw is the fact that it's 3000 miles away from my family. But other than it it's a fantastic place to do good research, and attain good clinical training. However, there's something about Mayo that really draws my attention.

1.Georgetown
2.Pittsburgh
3.Ahh! what the heck. I would be just as happy going to EVMS.

patrick

1. Cornell
2. Pitt
3. Sinai

Today's top three most desired Med Schools:

3. Einstein MD/PhD
2. Harvard MD/PhD
1. Stanford MD/PhD

Here goes:

1. University of Chicago-Pritzker
2. Einstein (please PM me with your thoughts on this school if you feel like spending the time)
and deadlocked in third
3. BU and Ohio State

OK, now that I've had 4 interviews, I can play the ranking game.

1) Columbia
2) Tulane
2) Albany
Above tie subject to change in Tulane's favor after tonight's party and tomorrow's barbeque!
3) SLU (had regional interview so didn't see the school)

they're all pretty damned expensive, though! :(

Welcome Back SMW!! Hope your interview went well!

gosh this is hard. I think mine is now,

1)Yale
2)Columbia
3)WashU

but I can never decide. Any opinions on Yale and Columbia? They flip flop every day in my mind. Not that it will likely matter what I think about the situation anyway . ..anybody know when the Columbia letters are goign out, though?

columbia is sending out ALL decisions for ALL applicants in mid feb ("around the 15th"). this is in spite of what is in all the literature about 2 dates, 1 in early feb. and 1 in mid march.

i know, it sucks that we've got to wait two more weeks, but hey, we've made it this long...

Hmmm, this is so hard!

1. Case Western Reserve
2. Mayo
3. (?) Michigan

honorable mention: Hopkins, Wash U, MCW

I can't believe I didn't put Mayo first. Something is telling me to go to Case, it just seems so right. Hopkins and Wash U were too screwed up (apologies to those who liked them), regardless of "rankings." MCW was cool, but just not as good. Michigan was solid, but there just seemed to be something missing. So I guess I should change my name to FutureCaseGuy or something. However, it seems like people loved Northwestern--I was just going to blow off their interview request! Maybe I shouldn't . . .

1. Iowa (good program, cheap, and when it comes down to it, I'm just too lazy to move)
T2. MCW (they accepted me, which in my eyes is a plus, and the people were teriffic)
T2. Northwestern (they bring the big name to the table, but also the big price tag and big city, both of which I'm not sure I'm comfortable with)

These rankings shuffle around every day, but here's what I think so far:

1) U PENN (didn't like so much at first, but I've warmed up to Penn since my interview)
2) YALE (friendly, laid back students but a little worried about grading system, or lack thereof)
3) tie MICHIGAN (nice facilities; Ann Arbor is a plus; not so diverse though)
3) tie COLUMBIA (friendly students who are proud of their school (possibly too proud though) and NYC (exciting place but a little scary coming from a rural background)

These rankings shuffle around every day, but here's what I think so far:

1) U PENN (didn't like so much at first, but I've warmed up to Penn since my interview)
2) YALE (friendly, laid back students but a little worried about grading system, or lack thereof)
3) tie MICHIGAN (nice facilities; Ann Arbor is a plus; not so diverse though)
3) tie COLUMBIA (friendly students who are proud of their school (possibly too proud though) and NYC (exciting place but a little scary coming from a rural background)

Kafka I'm with you on the Yale thing! Not only does their lack of grading system scare me, but their system of only having one exam that counts is disturbing as well.