Redpancreas

SDN Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2010
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Light hearted thread. Please post any funny/interesting experiences you’re willing to share that took place during the Zoom interview season. Try to limit the name/shame unless you really feel obliged to. Doesn’t have to be limited to Zoom-exclusive incidents.

My vanilla ones:

1. Realized after the interview I had called the PD, an APDs last name the whole time. He even smiled/nodded when I greeted him and didn’t correct me.

2. A female friend of mine told me more than one guy tried messaging her friendly messages on the Zoom interview day and later looked her up on LinkedIn. I wonder if this will get more common as people get more comfortable with the virtual interview format.

3. During the virtual break out room session some interviewer got in a shouting match with the program coordinator about something to do with public transport availability. It became a 5 minute debacle and it got pretty personal with borrough stereotypes thrown around on both sides. Checked the match day Instagram feed and that guy ended up matching there. Maybe his enthusiasm for the area was appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user

Lem0nz

7+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
My cat and dogs zoom bombed every single interview for our fellowship. Apparently in the feedback I was told to continue interviewing from home because the animals were a huge hit and added a personal touch to our fellowship.

OK, ya'll surgery residents want more cat butt to look at? I will deliver my homies, do not worry. Weirdos.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Jun 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Not a live zoom session, but my professors have been recording their lectures in this virtual environment and one of them just got into a 10-minute convo with their boyfriend over the lecture recording. Nothing crazy, but obviously an intimate convo that burned some ears. Thankfully someone reached out to her about it so she doesn't reuse it for next year ^^'

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.