Zpacksux & Pharmaceutical Reps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZpackSux

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly busy. Though not too busy to come here and post non-sense.

This drug rep just came in to drop off bagles. I took the bagles then kicked him out. Told him to make an appointment.

Mean or not?

Members don't see this ad.

ZpackSux said:

This drug rep just came in to drop off bagles. I took the bagles then kicked him out. Told him to make an appointment.

Mean or not?

No. Actually, I consider it smart. It's like getting the free weekend in Orlando without listening to the timeshare pitch. They know they are professional liars and propagandists, I say it's par for the course.

WVUPharm2007 said:
No. Actually, I consider it smart. It's like getting the free weekend in Orlando without listening to the timeshare pitch. They know they are professional liars and propagandists, I say it's par for the course.

You're going to be ok.. :thumbup:

btw, u're not off the hook yet..on your "wealth redistribution" yet. I know you're more of a devil's advocate. But you still have to pay for pasting nonsense you don't "really" believe in.

Members don't see this ad :)
All4MyDaughter said:
Were the bagels good?

Haven't touched it yet. I would feel dirty.

Staff seems to like it.

Too much carbo.

ZpackSux said:
Haven't touched it yet. I would feel dirty.

Staff seems to like it.

Too much carbo.

I feel dirty now. :thumbup:

bagels...

hmmmm.

sounds very silly.

Of course it's mean, but look at it this way. You can be mean to them and not have reprocussions, like say being mean to customers, the reps need you; you do not need the reps.

On a side note, if they didn't bring cream cheese with the bagels they should be sacked for being stupid and lazy.

do they really think you are so dense as to be totally swayed in judgment by a plate of donut shaped pieces of bread?

KUMoose said:
Of course it's mean, but look at it this way. You can be mean to them and not have reprocussions, like say being mean to customers, the reps need you; you do not need the reps.

On a side note, if they didn't bring cream cheese with the bagels they should be sacked for being stupid and lazy.

He did bring cream cheese. But he didn't bring Starbucks. Bagel without coffee? c'mon now..

ZpackSux said:
He did bring cream cheese. But he didn't bring Starbucks. Bagel without coffee? c'mon now..

No wonder you feel dirty :smuggrin:

aubieRx said:
do they really think you are so dense as to be totally swayed in judgment by a plate of donut shaped pieces of bread?

No, but a visit to a hospital equals a few doctor's office visit. It adds to their weekly visit quota. How much do you wanna bet the rep wrote down this 1 minute interaction as a meaningful clinical discussion visit? :mad: :mad:

ZpackSux said:

I don't do coffee, so he could bring me a keg of Starbucks and I'd still think he was stupid. ;)

Unfortunately I'm a Coke man myself, which my waistline has told me it's time to find another drink of choice. And since it is work, what I'd really like isn't really applicable. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
what kind of benefits do they give the MD's for prescribing the drugs? :confused: bagels?/////// :laugh:

aubieRx said:
what kind of benefits do they give the MD's for prescribing the drugs? :confused: bagels?/////// :laugh:

One thing, it's prescription wound care product...voodoo medicine.
To make things worse, it was a male rep. How dare they.

If I was more welcoming, I'm sure I can see a huge increase in the "benefits."

But..I can't be a *****.. at least not this kinda *****..

ZpackSux said:
One thing, it's prescription wound care product...voodoo medicine.
To make things worse, it was a male rep. How dare they.

If I was more welcoming, I'm sure I can see a huge increase in the "benefits."

But..I can't be a *****.. at least not this kinda *****..

Actually I thought a pink panther riding a lawn mower was the new symbol for the White Trash Gay Movement. (someone told me) :smuggrin:

museabuse said:
Actually I thought a pink panther riding a lawn mower was the new symbol for the White Trash Gay Movement. (someone told me) :smuggrin:

Well, WTGM certainly thought about it.. But they thought it was too masculine and decied to go with a 'Peeled Banana." :smuggrin:

ZpackSux said:
Well, WTGM certainly thought about it.. But they thought it was too masculine and decied to go with a 'Peeled Banana." :smuggrin:

D'oh!!

MuseAbuse OWNED by ZPackSux 7.25.05

ZpackSux said:
I have no idea what you are talking about? :confused:

I already took screen caps with my mind museabuse

Oh dear, one of my family friends wants to become a pharm sales rep? :(

What should I tell her?

Athelas said:
Oh dear, one of my family friends wants to become a pharm sales rep? :(

What should I tell her?

Tell her to go for it. It can be a wonderful experience for her. :thumbup:

ZpackSux said:

Mean or not?

AWESOME!!! haha :laugh:

You did the right thing. :thumbup:

You took the bagels without selling out.

Let's just hope that they didn't spike those bagels. :D

Mean? No.

Petty? Yes.

Why are so many in our ranks basement dwelling dweebs who will only stand up to pitiful, silly drug reps when they will never man up to a critical care director or transplant director? Because we can.

Doesn't change the fact that most of us are small where it counts, have inferiority complexes that have developed since around 3rd grade, and don't get a lot of play from the ladies. Look around, at least 75% of my comrades are the female versions of us anyway. Ugly. Not good with people. Left brain only. Work in a windowless basement.

Regardless, if it makes you feel like a big man, then bully anyone you want.

I am a Scots-Irish stud from Appalachia who as Webb pointed out is, "unafraid of higher authority, intent of personal honor, quick to defend against any attack, and deeply patriotic."...and I don't bully the weak to trick myself into feeling strong and then brag about it on an anonymous message board.

You have nothing buy my pity.

I am a Scots-Irish stud from Appalachia who as Webb pointed out is, "unafraid of higher authority, intent of personal honor, quick to defend against any attack, and deeply patriotic."...and I don't bully the weak to trick myself into feeling strong and then brag about it on an anonymous message board.

You have nothing buy my pity.

Stand up to your DOP and hospital admin first..then come back and talk to us.

The bigger battles in our industry really aren't the prescribers.. it's the inapproprate prescribing often caused by marketing influence.

It's a 5.5 year old post.. reminder from my DOP days.

So I'm ugly now? Well, crap.

Not only did he call you ugly, he's also ripping off your Scots-Irish Hilljack gimmick. Don't take that! Beat him down with a copy of "Born Fighting"!