Zyvox Dosing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
What were the circumstances? Issues with MIC? Did they start with Q 12 and move to 8?

No... doctor was just just confused. He ordered it q6h. We called him and told him he's an idiot... and got the dose changed to q12h.

Have any of you come across Zyvox dosed more frequently (in an inpatient setting) than the recommended Q 12h in adults?

I came across zyvox 300mg q8h in a pedi pt (dose was appropriate for mg/kg except it was spread out q8). However, I told the nurse what Epic just said (basically that zyvox is q12 and that we'd be paging the resident). Sorry.

I came across zyvox 300mg q8h in a pedi pt (dose was appropriate for mg/kg except it was spread out q8). However, I told the nurse what Epic just said (basically that zyvox is q12 and that we'd be paging the resident). Sorry.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the recommended peds dosing schedule is Q8h for Zyvox (unlike adults).

Reason I asked was...I worked on a project a few years ago...lit research project to see if Zyvox warranted Q8h dosing for certain situations. I personally haven't come across it in practice, but was curious if you all had seen it.

Thank you guys for sharing though! ;)

Actually, I'm pretty sure the recommended peds dosing schedule is Q8h for Zyvox (unlike adults).

Reason I asked was...I worked on a project a few years ago...lit research project to see if Zyvox warranted Q8h dosing for certain situations. I personally haven't come across it in practice, but was curious if you all had seen it.

Thank you guys for sharing though! ;)

Usually, Zyvox is dosed Q12H. In special population, particularly in pediatrics, similar mean daily AUC values were observed in pediatric patients from birth to 11 years of age dosed every 8 hours (q8h) relative to adolescents or adults dosed every 12 hours (q12h). Therefore, the dosage for pediatric patients up to 11 years of age should be 10 mg/kg q8h. The age cut-off here is 11...If a child>11, then he/she is dosed Q 12 as in adults (with lower dose, usually 600mg).