2009-2010 Cornell University (Weill Medical College) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoot I was filling out the 2ndary just now and noticed that one of the "writing intensive" courses need to be in the social sciences or humanities. I have 4 but none of them fit the social/humanities criteria. I did, however, take two anthropology classes where we wrote a lot but the classes is not officially designated as writing intensive. I wonder if this means I can't apply.

I'm using anthropology to (hopefully) fulfill this requirement. "W" was not in the course number, but a paper was due every week.

Members don't see this ad.

Man these guys are quick as heck. I submitted my primary on the 18th of august, got my secondary yesterday and submitted it then and was marked as complete today.:cool:
Here's a question tho. can we assign more than 3 LORs....i did that

So for a S2 2007 course, you're listing it as "Spring 2007" even though it was really "Spring 2008"?

Sorry for the late response!

YES. That is exactly what they said to me. I made it very clear what I was asking, explaining I would be writing down the wrong year, basically. The "term year" is the year the terms starts - just look at your AMCAS pdf.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, Cornell is deff my first choice at this point. I'm glad they don't have rolling admission since I've been kind of slow finishing my secondaries. Good luck to everyone

Just got an interview invite, very exciting! I have a friend who loves the program so I was hoping, hoping, hoping. Wheeeeeee! :D

Just got an interview invite, very exciting! I have a friend who loves the program so I was hoping, hoping, hoping. Wheeeeeee! :D

Stats? BCPM, Cumulative GPA, MCAT, Complete Date?

Congratulations!

Im SOOOO excited about cornell!! Interview invite! YESS!!!

Check your status page, everyone. I didn't get an email, but my status page says:

"Please contact our Office of Admissions to schedule an interview ([email protected])".

I got a complete email from Cornell, but they have not received my MCAT scores, since I have not received them yet. Should I call, even though my question technically concerns the status of my application?

Check your status page, everyone. I didn't get an email, but my status page says:

"Please contact our Office of Admissions to schedule an interview ([email protected])".

Where's the cornell status page link?

Edit: Woops nevermind. Still under review.

Members don't see this ad :)
Am I blind or is there no interview thread for Cornell?

Interview Invite today! Complete Aug 15-ish.

Q: What's the difference between Chinese water torture and applying to medical school? A: The former is a myth; the latter is real torture.

=/ I submitted all my secondaries late July. Still no words from no one including Cornell :(

I walked to the hospital with my friend who was interviewing at Cornell in January 09... The hospital looked like a hotel. OMG.

Interview Invite! Complete 8/28

i feel like they went chronologically and picked people for their first round of interviews. no invite =( oh well, here's to the second round!

Invite was via email. My guess is this is the first round, so there are many more to come!

so i have an interview in nyc in October. you guys think it's too early to hit up cornell with an in-the-area email? i don't even know what to say exactly "i'm gonna be in nyc so give me an interview... please?"
hahaha

so i have an interview in nyc in October. you guys think it's too early to hit up cornell with an in-the-area email? i don't even know what to say exactly "i'm gonna be in nyc so give me an interview... please?"
hahaha

I dont think it would be an issue. Just say you are going to be in the area at the time. Maybe calling would be a better idea too.

I'm interviewing here in a few weeks. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations? Please keep in mind that the extent of my knowledge about subways is limited to what I've seen on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Admissions office also said they could inquire about student hosting for me...anyone tried that?

I'm interviewing here in a few weeks. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations? Please keep in mind that the extent of my knowledge about subways is limited to what I've seen on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Admissions office also said they could inquire about student hosting for me...anyone tried that?

LOL at Heroes in a Half Shell. Definitely stay with a student if you can, keeping in mind that it might be pretty pint sized accommodations.

For hotels, you could stay anywhere in between the 90s and the 30s and it will be a fairly reasonably priced cab ride to the school. If you want to be very close, something in midtown on the east side will be perfect. I love the Kimpton Hotels because they give amazing travel rewards: http://www.kimptonhotels.com/. Their 70 Park location should be pretty close, and if you call to say what you're there for, they might give you a discount rate. Otherwise, I would just find a cheapie deal online and pray that it's decent. You'll still probably want to take a cab to the interview, or you'll need to do a train/bus or train/walk until you hit the river type deal to reach the school. Goodluck!:luck:

I'm considering adding Cornell; do you guys think it's too late/ I would be at a huge disadvantage? Also, how soon after submitting the primary did you get the secondary?

LOL at Heroes in a Half Shell. Definitely stay with a student if you can, keeping in mind that it might be pretty pint sized accommodations.

For hotels, you could stay anywhere in between the 90s and the 30s and it will be a fairly reasonably priced cab ride to the school. If you want to be very close, something in midtown on the east side will be perfect. I love the Kimpton Hotels because they give amazing travel rewards: http://www.kimptonhotels.com/. Their 70 Park location should be pretty close, and if you call to say what you're there for, they might give you a discount rate. Otherwise, I would just find a cheapie deal online and pray that it's decent. You'll still probably want to take a cab to the interview, or you'll need to do a train/bus or train/walk until you hit the river type deal to reach the school. Goodluck!:luck:

Thank you soooo much!! The Kimpton Hotel is unavailable for the days I need, but the street numbers you gave me puts me on the right track. I'm trying to find a hotel that's either within walking distance or a cab ride away. My California butt cannot deal with trains/subways/anything with more than 4 wheels. And I'll definitely send out my request for the Student Hosting. Thanks again.

I'm considering adding Cornell; do you guys think it's too late/ I would be at a huge disadvantage? Also, how soon after submitting the primary did you get the secondary?

Shouldn't be too big of a deal, they don't do rolling admissions anyway. I think I got the secondary pretty quickly, but I didn't end up submitting until recently since it's non-rolling. I should have done it earlier anyway though since it's pretty short. Ah well.

congrats on everyone who has gotten invites! What days/dates are they offering?

congrats on everyone who has gotten invites! What days/dates are they offering?

Tues, Wed, Thurs from mid-September through February, w/ an option for morning (8:30-2:15p) or afternoon (11:15-5:00p)

hey guys, what time frame did they give you to respond to the interview invite?

14 days, they say " If we do not hear from you by then, we will assume that you are no longer interested in being interviewed at Weill Cornell and we will notify AMCAS of your withdrawal."

i feel like they went chronologically and picked people for their first round of interviews. no invite =( oh well, here's to the second round!

Doesn't look too chronological to me. 8/28 person heard really quickly while others are still in the dark. Maybe they just picked really high stat applicants first.

Doesn't look too chronological to me. 8/28 person heard really quickly while others are still in the dark. Maybe they just picked really high stat applicants first.

don't think they went after high stats first. sometimes the randomness can be frustrating, but i'm sure there is some order to it. regardless, it isn't rolling so i guess it doesnt matter.

don't think they went after high stats first. sometimes the randomness can be frustrating, but i'm sure there is some order to it. regardless, it isn't rolling so i guess it doesnt matter.

Yea it makes me wonder how this stuff actually works. Do they just review you once and make a decision or are you always in consideration until March rejections?? Sure wish I knew...haha...but I'm sure we all do.

14 days, they say " If we do not hear from you by then, we will assume that you are no longer interested in being interviewed at Weill Cornell and we will notify AMCAS of your withdrawal."

do you reply by email?

do you reply by email?

don't mean to squat in on your convo, but yes, you can email them back with a date. they also list a phone number in the email, which you can call between the hours of 2-4p eastern. i did the latter.

don't mean to squat in on your convo, but yes, you can email them back with a date. they also list a phone number in the email, which you can call between the hours of 2-4p eastern. i did the latter.

great! thx!

Email.
and it just came in so that means someone was working a bit late.

Do you think it would be wise to mention that they're my number one choice on my secondary? They are, but I just wonder if that would be more appropriate for letter of interest later on. Or not appropriate at all.

Do you think it would be wise to mention that they're my number one choice on my secondary? They are, but I just wonder if that would be more appropriate for letter of interest later on. Or not appropriate at all.

not now. Save it for letter of interest later on.

Got Cornell tonight.. was completely not expecting it. Not in my wildest dreams. :)

Does anyone know what percent of interviewed applicants are accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.