2022-2023 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just withdrew from NYMC, hope the acceptance goes to another deserving candidate on the waitlist!!🙂
+1 hope one of you guys gets my spot!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Idk if this has already been mentioned, but it looks like last year there was a big wave of WL movement and scholarships in the afternoon the day after the deadline for having one acceptance (which would be May 2nd this year). Stay strong gang

Reactions: 10 users
Just withdrew my A. Hope it goes to one of you guys!!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
if you get in off the waitlist, do they give you a scholarship too? or is that only for people that get accepted right after their interview?

Reactions: 1 user
For those that received scholarships, did you get the scholarship with your acceptance letter?
Or did you receive it later? If so, how long after acceptance did you receive your scholarship?

Just got my A today! I interviewed on 3/23. I’m sooo excited about this!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
For those on the waitlist, did anyone receive a reply email after emailing them that you would like to be placed on waitlist ?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those on the waitlist, did anyone receive a reply email after emailing them that you would like to be placed on waitlist ?
I didn't either. But when I turned in my LOI, they responded and said they added it to my file.

Reactions: 2 users
I did but I asked a question in that email so they also answered my question in the response. That might've affected things.

Reactions: 1 users
Just withdrew my A, best of luck to those on the waitlist!

if you get in off the waitlist, do they give you a scholarship too? or is that only for people that get accepted right after their interview?
When I went to 2nd look, it seemed like they were limited on how much they could give out based on merit. So i think at this point they may only be able to provide need-based scholarships (but don't quote me on this).

For those that received scholarships, did you get the scholarship with your acceptance letter?
Or did you receive it later? If so, how long after acceptance did you receive your scholarship?
I received a scholarship notification (via email) 2 days after my acceptance email.

Hey all, are we anticipating any WL movement tomorrow? Or is it more likely to begin later this week? Just wondering when I should start refreshing my inbox like crazy lol

Hey all, are we anticipating any WL movement tomorrow? Or is it more likely to begin later this week? Just wondering when I should start refreshing my inbox like crazy lol
Based on prior threads, there's activity within the first business days following the day Commit to Enroll is available. Buckle upppp everyone, here we go! Best believe I'll be on my inbox all day all week lol

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
i'm aggressively manifesting As for all of us waitlisters. It's been quite a journey.
pretty sure we see notif on May 3rd based on the last few years NYMC forum.

• Love
Has anyone ever received a full tuition scholarship to attend NYMC?

Based on the emails I received, people who received scholarships have until May 4th to commit to enroll or have to give up their scholarship offer.

I have already committed to NYMC but hopefully the people that don’t will free up some spots/money for other people!

Apparently there's a glitch with the CYMS tool for admins which is causing "data inconsistencies". Atm it hasn't been addressed which might be why we haven't seen any major WL movement.

Post in: '2022-2023 Waitlist Support Thread' 2022-2023 Waitlist Support Thread

Breaking News: The Glitch Has Been Resolved

Reactions: 4 users
Any WL movement? Or are we thinking it'll start moving more next week since tmrw's Friday already?

Anyone know WL stats at this school? like the percentage of people that eventually get accepted?

how is there still no WL movement?! seems like a lot of schools have started already?

2/28; WL 3/29. I sent LOI and an email stating that even though I PTE'd at another school I will still choose them. I think that helped!
I also got a scholarship offer minutes after.

Do u mind sharing your stats?
Non-trad URM OOS l cGPA 3.6x sGPA 3.5x l MCAT 509

Nonclinical hours: 1k+ l Clinical hours: 4k+ (as a RN) l Research: couple hundred; no pubs; 1 poster l Shadow: 40 hrs

Hopefully, this helps. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Reactions: 3 users
This might be a bit extra lol but anyone know how many people are in the admitted groupme?

Withdrew my A early this week after getting off the WL at my top choice. Hope this helps with movement and good luck everyone!

Reactions: 6 users
This might be a bit extra lol but anyone know how many people are in the admitted groupme?
I don't think this is very representative of the amount of people who have received an A, but as of right now there are 48 people in the group. Again im sure there are others who have no joined yet but moving forward, others might also withdraw.

Reactions: 4 users