2009-2010 West Virginia University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't received an email regarding an interview. I sent the secondary in on 7/29. Did anyone else send the application in around that time and still not heard back from them?

You will get a snail mail sometime soon. I haven't heard yet either.

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone, i am not using a committee letter, instead submitting three individual letters through AMCAS. They have been uploaded since May. Will WV accept these letters without all of their forms filled out? I emailed Beth Ann a few weeks ago with no response....

thanks for the help, dont want to waste the $$ if i dont meet the LOR requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
filling out the secondary questions. Somewhat confusing that half is submitted online and the other half is mailed in..

i'm not really sure if i met the behavioral sciences requirement, i got an email that my application has been put off until they receive my second mcat score, so i'm assuming they haven't looked at my courses, anyone help me with some examples of courses they are talking about?

example i'm not sure civilization and communication courses i took would count along with my sociology course

Umm I got the secondary, but I won't be finished with some prereqs until the end of this year. Should I withdraw my secondary?

Umm I got the secondary, but I won't be finished with some prereqs until the end of this year. Should I withdraw my secondary?

Crap same here....help!!!!

I AUDITED Physics 2....got 11 on PS though and I know my physics 2 good. I just had a crazy course load and wanted to preview physics 2 before I took it...wow scared now :'(

Sucks cause I am 100% sure I can make an A in physics 2 this spring:(

Got an interview invite today from WVU via snail mail. :)

They finally cashed the check that I mailed in a month ago.... I am hoping that means an invite soon??

so if we got a secondary we're gonna get an interview as well correct?

so if we got a secondary we're gonna get an interview as well correct?

99% do. C's in courses, incomplete applications, or a really bad 2ndary essay may prevent you from getting an interview.

I received my interview letter today. It was sent Sept 14th, 2009.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't received the invite in the mail. I'm getting a bit worried that I won't be getting it seeing that I completed the secondary in august.

I still haven't received the invite in the mail. I'm getting a bit worried that I won't be getting it seeing that I completed the secondary in august.

do you have any ties to wv? do you think that is an issue, my ties are fairly weak...

do you have any ties to wv? do you think that is an issue, my ties are fairly weak...

I don't have any ties to WV. I don't know if that's issue because I know people do get interviews without ties to the state.

Got an interview invite the other day! I'll be there in late October.

Got an interview invite the other day! I'll be there in late October.

Congrats! Are you instate? I'm still waiting for an invite, but I called the admissions office earlier and she told me that she hasn't sent any invites to any Florida applicants yet. Hopefully I get mine within a few weeks. :xf:

Nvm...I just saw your mdapps. Any ties to WV? I have none whatsoever.

Congrats! Are you instate? I'm still waiting for an invite, but I called the admissions office earlier and she told me that she hasn't sent any invites to any Florida applicants yet. Hopefully I get mine within a few weeks. :xf:

Nvm...I just saw your mdapps. Any ties to WV? I have none whatsoever.

Thanks! Nope, I have no ties to WV, I just wrote about being from southeastern Ohio, which is considered to be Appalachia, the same region of the country as WV. I'm sure you will hear back from them soon if you got a secondary from them. Good luck!

Does anyone know how strict WVU is about the deadline? I submitted my online stuff on time but i think the snail mail stuff was 2 days late...should i just be expecting my $100 check back?? :(

I had my interview on Monday. I must say I was REALLY impressed with the school.

Oh and to answer the question earlier...I had my secondary sent in in early August. My LORs went in quite a bit later and I got an interview invite without those even being in.

Anyone from Florida, or relatively near Florida, get an interview invite yet? I'm starting to think that they forgot about me :(. I can't even remember how long ago I sent my secondary in.

I was complete a while ago as well, and haven't heard a thing. Some ties to WV, 35/3.8, OOS.

Got my interview invite in snail mail today! I'm OOS, but from PA. Anyone who has interviewed there... what's the interview like?

Congrats! I was just wondering if you knew when you sent in your secondary. I have been waiting for some feedback for awhile now...thanks! Good luck at the interview!

Congrats! I was just wondering if you knew when you sent in your secondary. I have been waiting for some feedback for awhile now...thanks! Good luck at the interview!

Yeah... secondary was sent in September 2nd.

Did anyone who interviewed at WVU stay with a student host? I got the info about it with my interview invite and I'm debating. I'm OOS, but only about 1.5 hours away, so I would have no problem simply driving there the day of the interview. But I've also heard some feedback saying that it really gives an inside view of the school/city, which I wouldn't be opposed to having. Thoughts?

Just got my interview invite in the mail, but they scheduled me for a date that I will be in Nebraska for another interview. I called and left a message on Ms. McCormick's voicemail asking if I could reschedule. Are they usually ok with rescheduling interview dates?

Has anybody had luck staying with a student through Medstay? I sent them my info and they confirmed but I haven't been matched yet. My interview is in a week!

I interviewed at WVU Sept. 30 and I still have not heard any news! I go to WVU for undergrad, but the only people I know who have already interviewed were EDP and they have (of course) already heard back. What is the normal wait for an acceptance/ wait list/ refusal letter post interview?

Just got my interview invite in the mail, but they scheduled me for a date that I will be in Nebraska for another interview. I called and left a message on Ms. McCormick's voicemail asking if I could reschedule. Are they usually ok with rescheduling interview dates?

Hey congrats on the interview...do you know when you sent in our essays and stuff? I have had my stuff in for over a month and I'm starting to wonder whats up...haha

Hey congrats on the interview...do you know when you sent in our essays and stuff? I have had my stuff in for over a month and I'm starting to wonder whats up...haha

Thanks! I sent my secondary in around the beginning of August so I was waitng quite a while to hear back. It shouldn't be much longer for yours though I don't think.

thanks for the encouragement...i definately need it! Good luck at the interview!!

Anyone know how long WVU takes to get back to you about a decision after the interview?

when are your interviews those who just got them, not exact dates but just like during what month and in the beginning middle or end?

If I have a letter packet who do I have fill out the "communication evaluation"? The person who compiled the letters?

Thanks.

when are your interviews those who just got them, not exact dates but just like during what month and in the beginning middle or end?

Mine would have been in November, but now I have to reschedule it for January (the earliest spot open). I have a big test that week and another interview in Nebraska (I'm from FL), so I figured it would be just way too much for one week. Although, I hope I'm not screwing myself over since it is rolling admissions. If it's meant to be it will happen I guess.

Mine would have been in November, but now I have to reschedule it for January (the earliest spot open). I have a big test that week and another interview in Nebraska (I'm from FL), so I figured it would be just way too much for one week. Although, I hope I'm not screwing myself over since it is rolling admissions. If it's meant to be it will happen I guess.

cool, thanks for the info, and dude I wish you luck with all your interviews

Anyone know how long WVU takes to get back to you about a decision after the interview?

Here's what they told me:

The adcom meets on Tuesdays and presents the applicants from the previous week. They score you based on that, then put you back in a pile.

The following Tuesday, they evaluate you again...taking into consideration comments written the previous week. From there, they give a final decision.

I interviewed on the 12th and still haven't gotten a letter. :eek:

Here's what they told me:

The adcom meets on Tuesdays and presents the applicants from the previous week. They score you based on that, then put you back in a pile.

The following Tuesday, they evaluate you again...taking into consideration comments written the previous week. From there, they give a final decision.

I interviewed on the 12th and still haven't gotten a letter. :eek:

Don't feel bad, I interviewed September 30th and I haven't heard anything yet.

If I have a letter packet who do I have fill out the "communication evaluation"? The person who compiled the letters?

Thanks.

Anybody??? Beth Ann isn't picking up.

Thanks.

The CE can be filled in by anyone who can judge your communication skills.

I used another person I knew as I didn't want to bother any of my recommenders again.

Thanks.

Anyone who can evaluate your ability to communicate with others. I had a former employer fill mine out.

I'm starting to get worried... I submitted my secondary 9/8 and still no word. I was under the impression that if you get a secondary invite, you get an interview. I'm OOS... is the rule different for OOS applicants?

I hate that they send the invites via snail mail... I live in a big appartment complex and I'm constantly getting by neighbors' mail so I can only assume my neighbors are getting some of my mail too... how much would that suck if it got lost in transit? I emailed Ms. McCormick to ask her if they call or do anything if they don't hear back from you after they send in your invite, but still no response :idea:

Anyone in the same boat or know anything about what happens in that case?

I'm starting to get worried... I submitted my secondary 9/8 and still no word. I was under the impression that if you get a secondary invite, you get an interview. I'm OOS... is the rule different for OOS applicants?

I hate that they send the invites via snail mail... I live in a big appartment complex and I'm constantly getting by neighbors' mail so I can only assume my neighbors are getting some of my mail too... how much would that suck if it got lost in transit? I emailed Ms. McCormick to ask her if they call or do anything if they don't hear back from you after they send in your invite, but still no response :idea:

Anyone in the same boat or know anything about what happens in that case?

During my interview they said that that was not the case with the whole secondary/interview thing.

Don't feel bad, I interviewed September 30th and I haven't heard anything yet.

I called and Beth Ann said if you hadn't heard yet you were probably waitlisted. Looking over last year's thread it seems like they had the same thing. Ugh. :(

During my interview they said that that was not the case with the whole secondary/interview thing.

Well that's a bummer... I was sure that getting the secondary meant that I would also get an interview :( sux.

Status
Not open for further replies.