2010-2011 UMDNJ-NJMS Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like today was for the August guys. Congrats.

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully he'll start calling the September guys tonight as well :)
Anyone else get anything? Curious as to where he is right now in terms of interview date.

Members don't see this ad :)
guh, I was 9/17, so now I'm all antsy. Hopefully there's a little leeway in the order, or the dean just decided to go to sleep early =p

Nope, I wasn't early decision. According to last years thread, he called someone at 10 PM Saturday night. I got mine at 8 PM. Hang in there guys.

interview 9/14
Got a call at 9:00 from dean Heinrich!
Congrats to those of you who got in.
For everyone else, hang in there. He doesn't go 100% sequentially based on interview date.

interview 9/14
Got a call at 9:00 from dean Heinrich!
Congrats to those of you who got in.
For everyone else, hang in there. He doesn't go 100% sequentially based on interview date.

CONGRATS! :highfive:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! :)

I am still waiting :\ My interview was on the 21st. I really hope to get the call tomorrow. This is my first choice!

Congrats to all that have heard.

I interviewed 9/27 and haven't heard yet.

Hooray! Got the call last night after 9 PM!
Interview was 9/16.

Congrats to everyone else!:)

Got the call last night at 8:30! 9/15 interview

Good luck to all who haven't heard yet, and congrats to all who have!:D

I guess no one's heard anything today?

I really should stop staring at my phone. Interviewed 9/10.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call 8PM last night! The dean made it very personal, and even asked me about how my job is going, etc.

In-state, 3.54, 31, interviewed 9/13

Just got the call today. I interviewed 9/14, and it was really nice to speak with Dean Heinrich.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for a call!

Oh wow he is making calls today - back to keeping my phone in hand at all times

Hey guys, just got the call - first week of sept interview so don't fret if you haven't gotten the call yet! From what i see here, he's definitely not going in absolute order.

Good luck all =D

Hey guys, just got the call - first week of sept interview so don't fret if you haven't gotten the call yet! From what i see here, he's definitely not going in absolute order.

Good luck all =D
house of scippii :p

i dont think so =/ i am still waiting...i interviewed 9/21! i have been so anxious all day

I got the call around 9pm this evening!!! I interviewed on 9/24 but he said my interviewer (Dr.Koliopoulus) really pulled for me and got me through fast.

SOOOO HAPPY!!!

Good luck everyone :)

:soexcited:

ah congrats to those who heard yesterday. I am hoping my day is today then (9/27 interview).

Its so hard to sit and wait while the rest of you get calls

Interviewed 9/30
Still waiting :)

congrats to everyone who got a call!
has he been calling cell phones?

Interviewed 9/17 and got the call on Sunday at 5pm. He called my cell from a blocked number.

Went to the Dean Heinrich talk at Rutgers.

And at the end, he gave me an acceptance letter!!!!!

Interviewed 9/30

=D

Maybe he knew I work as a lab tech at Rutgers, so perhaps I would come to the talk?

I dunno how he knew, but I feel pretty happy about this!!!

Congrats scarlet.

Hopefully he didnt make calls cos he was at the talk, otherwise - i might have been passed over.

Eitherway, congrats

He emailed me 2 hours before the talk asking if I was going to attend, and said it'd be really nice to meet me in person.

Got my acceptance letter yesterday too! =D and lol Scarlet, he would know because he looks at everyone's application.

Congrats everyone! Hope to see some of you next year! And good luck to those still waiting!

For the people who found out they were accepted the first two days: did you guys receive your packets? Any ideas when?

During my call, Dr. Heinrich told me that they'd be sending out packets on Wednesday (yesterday). I may call if I don't receive anything by tomorrow.

Received the acceptance packet via snail mail today! GL everybody.

Same here. Been watching my phone almost non-stop since Saturday...

Not to mention jumping when other people's phones ring haha

So it looks like no one has heard anything since Monday? Do you think they only call people for acceptances the first week and after that they just send out letters without a phone call? I interviewed in early October and have been lurking all week seeing how fast acceptances are going out but it seems to have been pretty dry all week.

I think he keeps calling the whole way. They probably need to have another meeting before more calls go out.

I think I remember hearing somewhere that if you felt you didn't connect with your interviewer, that you could call and ask for another one. Does anyone know if this is true? My interviewer had a terrible attitude, and spoke very negatively about the school, leaving me with a bad impression of the interview itself and about the school.

I heard from people at the Rutgers talk that Dean Heinrich said if you felt your interview was unfair in anyway then you can ask for a second interview. The people I spoke to seemed to feel that Dr. Heinrich would personally make sure you received another interview if circumstances permitted.

Lets hope some more calls go out tonight.

Last phone call was 9/24 interview date i think, and then someone from Rutgers who interviewed on 9/30 heard.

Come on high-9/20s interview dates

I think they mostly call around Friday-Monday from looking at last year. Though I guess its possible.

Sending in all the paperwork simply reserves a spot in the class, correct? I should do this now even though I'm waiting on other schools? The $100 deposit is refundable?

Has anyone had to do a second interview? I got a phone call saying I need to come back next week for one because they need more information. Should I be worried that I wasn't accepted after my first one? Glad I wasn't rejected? Or neither is it as simple as they say that they just more info before they make a decision?

Just got an interview invite here. I thought I had no chance since their OOS is somehting like 5%. Oh Well. I'll still give it a shot.

Has anyone had to do a second interview? I got a phone call saying I need to come back next week for one because they need more information. Should I be worried that I wasn't accepted after my first one? Glad I wasn't rejected? Or neither is it as simple as they say that they just more info before they make a decision?

I interviewed on August 31, and then got an email on October 6 saying that I had to come to a second interview. My second interview is this Tuesday; I have decent stats, similar to yours (upper 30s MCAT, around 3.95 GPA), but my interview was not amazing, though I would not say it was bad either. I had a friend say that they call people who they think are not going to go to their school for a second interview to make sure you are interested, but I'm not sure. I think what happened (in my case) was that my interviewer did not like me, and she heavily criticized me, but the admissions committee did not want to reject me outright, so they asked for a second interview for a second perspective. NJMS could avoid this problem of bias by having two interviews in the first place so that they don't have to call people back for second interviews.

I interviewed on August 31, and then got an email on October 6 saying that I had to come to a second interview. My second interview is this Tuesday; I have decent stats, similar to yours (upper 30s MCAT, around 3.95 GPA), but my interview was not amazing, though I would not say it was bad either. I had a friend say that they call people who they think are not going to go to their school for a second interview to make sure you are interested, but I'm not sure. I think what happened (in my case) was that my interviewer did not like me, and she heavily criticized me, but the admissions committee did not want to reject me outright, so they asked for a second interview for a second perspective. NJMS could avoid this problem of bias by having two interviews in the first place so that they don't have to call people back for second interviews.

Thanks. I think I am in the same boat my interview wasn't too great. I am an MD/PhD applicant and my MD interviewer spent the vast majority of the interview time telling me what a waste of time it was to get a PhD

Thanks. I think I am in the same boat my interview wasn't too great. I am an MD/PhD applicant and my MD interviewer spent the vast majority of the interview time telling me what a waste of time it was to get a PhD

That could be just their way of pressuring you to really explain why you want and need an MD/PhD. I think the schools must be under some pressure to select the right MD/PhD candidates who are not just looking for a freebie to years of medical school or whatever you get if you decide to drop out of the PhD end. It's not too hard to say research research research and then say you changed your mind if there is no consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.