2011-2012 Dartmouth Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably a really stupid question...but do we have to sign and mail the secondary to Dartmouth? For some reason I can't remember being told to do that but I was looking at my completed secondary online and there is a space for a signature???

Members don't see this ad.

This is probably a really stupid question...but do we have to sign and mail the secondary to Dartmouth? For some reason I can't remember being told to do that but I was looking at my completed secondary online and there is a space for a signature???

This was answered in the previous posts.

If you digitally signed it, meaning you typed your complete name and then clicked submit, then you're done. After being submitted it doesn't show your name on the signature and that's normal.

First interviews came out today last year...good luck everyone! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Notifications for interviews went out this morning. Good luck everyone!

Notifications for interviews went out this morning. Good luck everyone!

Thanks for the info! Glad that this thread finally surfaced... Btw, does this apply to MD-PhD applicants too?

will they be sending out rejections and invites at the same time? or does dartmouth do silent rejections?

Does our satus on the check status change at all if tree has been a decision?

Congrats to all who have received interviews!

I'm in the sixth year of my MD/PhD at Dartmouth (defending my thesis before June 2012 and then going back to year 3 of DMS). Let me know if you have any questions.

Congrats to all who have received interviews!

I'm in the sixth year of my MD/PhD at Dartmouth (defending my thesis before June 2012 and then going back to year 3 of DMS). Let me know if you have any questions.

I really appreciate your appearance here! May I know when approximately the MD-PhD admission committee sends out decisions for interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
I really appreciate your appearance here! May I know when approximately the MD-PhD admission committee sends out decisions for interviews?

MD/PhD interviews typically start in October so I would imaging that they would start sending interviews soon. Bear in mind that there are two admissions committees involved with MD/PhD admissions so it can take a bit longer than MD admissions.

Interview invite!!!:D:D:D I guess writing a 'why us?' essay wasn't a bad choice after all (the convos on earlier pages made ne nervous...)

But I can't do any of those sept dates...I guess I'll email them?

Interview invite!!! picking the 15th as well.

When were people complete?

i cant even log in to their website anymore. patiently waiting for good news

wait, nvm. it's via email. At least that makes me feel better. if it the email comes...it was meant to be. lol.
"Please be assured that we will contact you by e-mail as soon as a decision has been made about your candidacy."

Interview invite!
got it by email today
secondary submitted 6/23

I have MSAR and know # OOS interviewed/#matriculated, but anyone know # OOS accepted in 2010?

couple of questions real quick:

1) does DMS have rolling-admissions? (does it make sense to interview as early as possible)?
2) how many ppl apply --> are interviewed --> are accepted? (percentages please....i don't have an MSAR sorry)

Per US News,
Total: 4358 applied, 664 (15%) interviewed, 296 (44%) accepted
OOS: 4287 applied, 634 ( 15%) interviewed, 282 (45%) accepted

Have the interviews been rolling out throughout the day or was it a group email this morning?

I think rolling throughout the day..I received my email a few hours after people already started posting their invites

Fly into Manchester, NH (MHT) and then rent a car. You could also take a bus from there but it runs infrequently.

Most people just fly into Boston and then take the Dartmouth Coach (runs every two hours between the airport and campus during the day).

You can fly into Lebanon, but I've never actually done that. The airport is very close to campus.

Hey all, for the second essay do you think it would be strange to write about what kind of physician I want to become and why? Any input would be greatly appreciated :)

Is everyone planning on staying with a host student for their interview? I am planning on staying extra days to visit family in the area so I need more than 1 night in Hanover. Do you think that they would look down upon not staying with a student host?

Is everyone planning on staying with a host student for their interview? I am planning on staying extra days to visit family in the area so I need more than 1 night in Hanover. Do you think that they would look down upon not staying with a student host?

They have no idea whether you stay with a host since you're supposed to set it up yourself. Don't worry about it.

Interview invite today! Complete 7/15. Having trouble making any of the current dates work. Do you think they'd be amenable to allowing me to interview at a later date?

Uh oh I was complete 7/8, perhaps its time to bust out the emergency update letter

hmm does dartmouth send out rejection emails early on or late in the game or silent? knowing will allow me to tactically time an update letter so its not too premature but not after ive been rejected lol

hmm does dartmouth send out rejection emails early on or late in the game or silent? knowing will allow me to tactically time an update letter so its not too premature but not after ive been rejected lol

Well when I applied last year, I was complete on 9/14/2010 and got rejected on 3/8/2011

Any new interview invites out there since last week? Maybe we'll see another batch today! :xf:

Congrats to those with the interviews!

I've worked at DMS (Genetics and Neurology) for the last three years, its a pretty nice place. Not a med student there obviously (perhaps next year? :D), but if anyone has any questions about the area / where to stay, doesn't hesitate to PM me.

I just got an interview invite today. I'm really excited!

Those of you who are staying with student hosts--are these people you know or does Dartmouth have a hosting program? Thanks! And congrats everyone!

(For those of you who are curious, I submitted my secondary 7/30 and I was complete 8/17, after Dartmouth received my MCAT score.)

I submitted my secondary on the 21st of last month but have not received a confirmation of completion. Should I go ahead and email them or wait a little longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.