2011-2012 Jefferson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks! Ive definitely gotten lucky so far :)

I am sure its more than just luck. You deserve them, most definitely!

Members don't see this ad.

so i called the admissions, and they said that "interview decision pending" means no final decision has been made.

so i called the admissions, and they said that "interview decision pending" means no final decision has been made.

This implies that the file has already been reviewed? Since they don't give rejections, sitting on this status for a long time doesn't look good.

Members don't see this ad :)
This implies that the file has already been reviewed? Since they don't give rejections, sitting on this status for a long time doesn't look good.

yes, it means they reviewed the file.

yes, it means they reviewed the file.

i'd say who knows what it really means!! because some people have gone from interview decision pending to interview to be scheduled. in either "decision pending" or "interview decision" the explaination that no final discussion has been made doesn't edify me....

That worries me because I have been on "interview decision pending" for 2+ weeks now.

I recently went from "decision pending" to "interview decision pending."

Go neuroticism, go!

Did anyone get a complete email from Jefferson at any point? I have been "decision pending" since I submitted the secondary in June, but my school just uploaded the committee letter to amcas today, and I was wondering if I'll have any way of knowing that Jeff actually got the letters/my file is ready to be reviewed?

That worries me because I have been on "interview decision pending" for 2+ weeks now.

I think I've had that status for about a month now... I was complete at the end of June and my status was "interview decision pending" the first time I checked it, which must have been a few days after being complete. Oh well :(

Has anyone been able to make paragraphs in this secondary response? thanks...mine is all jumbled into one huge paragraph...

Has anyone been able to make paragraphs in this secondary response? thanks...mine is all jumbled into one huge paragraph...

I ended up submitting mine as one big paragraph because I wasn't able to figure out how to separate it into the paragraphs I originally had

Members don't see this ad :)
just got double interview invites! Rochester and GW! Only 2 schools I have heard back from so far so I am definitely feeling great but also realistically expecting to have some holds or rejections coming my way soon...

this is finally starting to feel real... i am a reapplicant so its been a long road...

good luck to everyone!

EDIT:
SORRY I posted this in the wrong thread! oh wow i sound like such a jerk! I am still decision pending for Jefferson...hope I do not pull something like this in my interview!

you guys are awesome to congratulate me anyways!

Last edited:
just got double interview invites! Rochester and GW! Only 2 schools I have heard back from so far so I am definitely feeling great but also realistically expecting to have some holds or rejections coming my way soon...

this is finally starting to feel real... i am a reapplicant so its been a long road...

good luck to everyone!

grats!

good luck to everyone!

That's awesome! Contests man!

Just got it!!! yipeeeee...it's official!

Just got it!!! yipeeeee...it's official!

They actually sent an email!?! Nice, been waiting for one for a while now, hopefully they start trickling out now.

Congrats!

Congrats!
When were you complete if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks everyone!
SR: 6/23 SS: 6/23 Interview to be scheduled status: 7/1 Email invite w/ interview date: 8/4

Also, my online status now says "Interview Offered" and lists the date they scheduled me for.

Thanks everyone!
SR: 6/23 SS: 6/23 Interview to be scheduled status: 7/1 Email invite w/ interview date: 8/4

Also, my online status now says "Interview Offered" and lists the date they scheduled me for.

Sweet! Out of curiosity, when is your interview? I'm just wondering generally when it is, if you wanted to keep anonymous ("end of sept" type of thing).

Sweet! Out of curiosity, when is your interview? I'm just wondering generally when it is, if you wanted to keep anonymous ("end of sept" type of thing).

End of September

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone has "This is a summary of the Web application that was selected. This Web application is complete but has not yet been processed" under "Web Application Summary". On my status page it says Decision Pending (and has for quite some time ugh) though. Does that mean they haven't reviewed my application?

Thanks!

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone has "This is a summary of the Web application that was selected. This Web application is complete but has not yet been processed" under "Web Application Summary". On my status page it says Decision Pending (and has for quite some time ugh) though. Does that mean they haven't reviewed my application?

Thanks!

Mine says that too and until last night, I was "Decision Pending" but this morning my status changed to "Interview to be scheduled," so I don't think it relates to whether or not your application has been reviewed yet. I would just keep an eye on your status page instead! :)

Mine says that too and until last night, I was "Decision Pending" but this morning my status changed to "Interview to be scheduled," so I don't think it relates to whether or not your application has been reviewed yet. I would just keep an eye on your status page instead! :)

This happened to me today as well

Getting kind of uneasy now.. So I submitted my application on 7/4. My status shows that I am complete, but not yet processed. It's been like this for one month. Has anyone got any clue what this means? I tried calling the office and left a voice mail as they requested, but nobody replied my calls yet.
Any input would be appreciated.

Getting kind of uneasy now.. So I submitted my application on 7/4. My status shows that I am complete, but not yet processed. It's been like this for one month. Has anyone got any clue what this means? I tried calling the office and left a voice mail as they requested, but nobody replied my calls yet.
Any input would be appreciated.

If you look above, you will see this happened to me as well. I called them and they said i was under review. Also, my status has changed to "Interview to be Scheduled" and it still says that.

3.9+ 34-37 MCAT

If you look above, you will see this happened to me as well. I called them and they said i was under review. Also, my status has changed to "Interview to be Scheduled" and it still says that.

3.9+ 34-37 MCAT

Ok, thanks for the reply. Congrats on your interview!

Received an interview.
Completed: Not sure (late July); invite: Aug. 8; interview is on Sept. 28.
>3.9 ; 35Q(12-9-14);

Congratulations to everyone else too!

Last edited:
Received an interview.
Completed: Not sure (late July); invite: Aug. 8; interview is on Sept. 28.
>3.9 ; 35Q(12-9-14);

Is the short term residence the most advisable option for staying over for a night?

Congratulations to everyone else too!

Congrats! When you say the invite was August 8th, is that when your status online became 'Interview to be Scheduled' or are you referring to a different status? My status changed to "Interview to be Scheduled" on the 8th and I'm just trying to get an idea of when I will hear back regarding a specific date.

Hi snow88,

I do not know when my status changed, but I first noticed on the 4th. I received an invitation on the 8th.

Hi snow88,

I do not know when my status changed, but I first noticed on the 4th. I received an invitation on the 8th.

Did they email you with the date, or did your status change to "Interview on Sept. 28" or something along those lines?

Did they email you with the date, or did your status change to "Interview on Sept. 28" or something along those lines?
I received an invitation via e-mail with the date.

My status now says "interview offered"

Is this what most people's status say after submission?

"This Web application is complete but has not yet been processed."

I submitted and paid on July 26th and that's all it's said so far...

Is this what most people's status say after submission?

"This Web application is complete but has not yet been processed."

I submitted and paid on July 26th and that's all it's said so far...

Mine has been like that for over a month, I guess we just have to be patient.

my status says "interview deferred". any idea what that means? i didnt see what it said prior to this, this was the first time ive checked my status and i was complete probably a week or so ago.

So, I just called the office.
Anyone with this status means that your application is still under review, and there is no decision yet.
I guess it's sort of a 'on hold' situation.

Best of luck

Anyone with this status means that your application is still under review, and there is no decision yet.

Best of luck

Ahh thanks for calling! I guess I just assumed that "not processed" meant they haven't even gotten to take a look at my app yet, but perhaps that's not true. In the grand scheme of things, I haven't waited THAT long since submission so I won't worry yet (some schools are taking far longer to even just mark things as "received" or my app as "complete")

my status says "interview deferred". any idea what that means? i didnt see what it said prior to this, this was the first time ive checked my status and i was complete probably a week or so ago.

did you call the office?

Best of luck

So basically, "This Web application is complete but has not yet been processed", "Decision Pending", and "Interview Decision Pending" all mean about the same thing then? This is so confusing...

So basically, "This Web application is complete but has not yet been processed", "Decision Pending", and "Interview Decision Pending" all mean about the same thing then? This is so confusing...

Doubt it. According to your list, I think the first would mean the application is not ready to be reviewed for whatever reason. The second is ready for review, but hasn't been reviewed, and the third has been reviewed without any final decision made.

These are just my guesses, but it sort of makes sense to me...

When you guys go onto the "Display Secondary Application Status" page does it says anything next to the "Application Status" section? Mine is blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.