2011-2012 Jefferson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The waiting indeed sucks. And I thought waiting for MCAT scores were bad lol.

I was pretty much banking on my MCAT score since I took it 5/21/11. I turned in my AMCAS and AACOMAS a week before knowing my score. I averaged 27 on AAMCs.

I was shocked to see my score, and pretty happy about it because I went through a lot of difficult situations while I was studying.... (see 30+ strats)

Members don't see this ad.

So is the consensus "interview to be scheduled" means an interview invite is on its way?

Name: xyz
Social Security number: xyz
Application year: 2012
Application Status:
Amcas app received? Yes
Jefferson Sec received? Yes
Jefferson Fee received? Yes

IT SHOULD BE RIGHT HERE
INTERVIEW STATUS:

Permanent Address
Street 1:
etc

Mailing address:
Street 1:
etc

AMCAS Email address: xyz

Argh. Sorry. One last time.

So where you highlighted the font in yellow, does it always say *something* even if you don't have an interview invite? (e.g. "decision pending") As in, is it abnormal if I don't have anything showing up there?

Members don't see this ad :)
mine has said decision pending since the beginning

Argh. Sorry. One last time.

So where you highlighted the font in yellow, does it always say *something* even if you don't have an interview invite? (e.g. "decision pending") As in, is it abnormal if I don't have anything showing up there?

I'd say yes...give them a call. I'm sure it's nothing major, just a glitch or something.

one other thing - are all of your applications "Pre-Fall 2012" listed under "Submitted Applications" as opposed to "Application in Progress"?

one other thing - are all of your applications "Pre-Fall 2012" listed under "Submitted Applications" as opposed to "Application in Progress"?

Yes. Listed under Submitted Applications. I'm still waiting to be reviewed though (submitted 7/20ish)

Mm. I just called. The lady says that yes, this is all I am supposed to see (i.e. the three "yes" marks) and this is all I will see unless I progress onto some interview stage (an invite and whatnot). She says I am not supposed to see anything additional like "decision pending"...

So is the consensus "interview to be scheduled" means an interview invite is on its way?

yes! when mine said interview to be scheduled, i called and was able to pick which day i wanted my interview to be and then they sent me a confirmation email a few days later.

yes! when mine said interview to be scheduled, i called and was able to pick which day i wanted my interview to be and then they sent me a confirmation email a few days later.

I called too but they just told me to wait for an email. :confused:

Got my interview scheduled! Has anyone changed their date? I'm wondering if there are a lot of dates available to do so or if they're a school that does just a few large groups of interviews.

Got my interview scheduled! Has anyone changed their date? I'm wondering if there are a lot of dates available to do so or if they're a school that does just a few large groups of interviews.

They interview every Wednesday.

Complete early July and still haven't heard back :( I'm normally quite patient but my friend who applied last year (and got into Drexel/Temple) with almost identical stats as me from the same university just told me he got rejected (from last cycle). I'm hoping I'll have better luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I also received my interview date this evening! I'm really looking forward to the interview, but, is it just me, or does it seem strange to anyone else that they've just assigned us a date? Most schools either give you a few options or let you choose on a first-come-first-serve basis (although JMC says they can try to change the interview if absolutely necessary). For some reason, I find that lack of choice a slight pause for concern (as in, maybe the school is far less courteous than other schools).

it's going to be a big interview group. Jeff gets a ton of applications, accommodates a ton of interviewers, and ends up with a big class. assigning dates like that is probably just easier (and not unique to Jeff). people here are as courteous as Philadelphians can be haha. Maybe even more so because I didn't understand why I was being told people in Philly aren't that friendly my first week or so here since everyone I had interacted with was affiliated w/ Jeff and very nice. Once you explore a bit it becomes more obvious...

Complete early July and still haven't heard back :( I'm normally quite patient but my friend who applied last year (and got into Drexel/Temple) with almost identical stats as me from the same university just told me he got rejected. I'm hoping I'll have better luck!

Friendly advice: chill :cool: It's only August. Doesn't matter what happened to your friend because he's a different person, with a different essay and personal experiences, who was most likely evaluated by a different person than you will be. Don't worry too much or you'll go crazy!

I've been sitting at "Decision pending" since some time in July now :(

Ditto (Since June actually). Sad times...

There are only 2 people that review the applications, so it probably takes awhile to get through everyone. I spoke to one girl who said she didn't hear anything back until she got an interview invite in the spring of her app cycle (and got accepted). Don't give up hope yet! :)

There are only 2 people that review the applications, so it probably takes awhile to get through everyone. I spoke to one girl who said she didn't hear anything back until she got an interview invite in the spring of her app cycle (and got accepted). Don't give up hope yet! :)

:eek:

I recently received my official interview invite via e-mail with an assigned date for early october.

"Interview to be scheduled" status = 8/02/11
"Interview offered" status = 8/17/11

Can't wait! Best of luck to those who are still waiting. Don't give up hope, there is still an incredible amount of time left to hear back.

:)

I recently received my official interview invite via e-mail with an assigned date for early october.

"Interview to be scheduled" status = 8/02/11
"Interview offered" status = 8/17/11

Can't wait! Best of luck to those who are still waiting. Don't give up hope, there is still an incredible amount of time left to hear back.

:)
How long between your scheduled interview on the status page and the actual email? I've had an assigned interview date on the status page for about a week, but no email from Jeff.

How long between your scheduled interview on the status page and the actual email? I've had an assigned interview date on the status page for about a week, but no email from Jeff.

I got the "Interview to be scheduled" status on 8/8 and no status change or email since then

have you tried calling?

Got the e-mail with interview date, checked the Jefferson status page ~4 days later and the status had changed. I couldn't say for sure how many days but it was definitely less than a week.

I got the "Interview to be scheduled" status on 8/8 and no status change or email since then

This is normal. The person who does the interview scheduling will eventually e-mail you with a specific date.

have you tried calling?

Got the e-mail with interview date, checked the Jefferson status page ~4 days later and the status had changed. I couldn't say for sure how many days but it was definitely less than a week.
I have not called yet but will if I don't get an email this week. I can't imagine they just expect me to show up on the date they assigned with no instructions or information. Thanks for your help!

So I've seen a lot of people ask this question, but no publicly posted answer:

What do I do with the drop down menu that comes up when I log into the application? MD does not appear on that list.

Someone tell me what to do? You should probably post it publicly.

Last edited:
did you try to create a login? if so, you're probably on the wrong application. that's what i did too, and i spent quite a while looking for the MD program through a ton of other programs until i reread the email jefferson sent me.

you DON'T need to create an account to access the secondary. jefferson already made you one. you just need to login. for me, my login id was my amcas id, and my password was MMDDYY format of birthday. check your email to be sure.

that should help!

How long after your status changes to "interview to be scheduled" does it take to actually receive an email with an interview date?

Congratz! You can call to confirm or e-mail I guess :)

When did you submit?

Thanks! Submitted 7/27, Complete 8/1

I called their MSTP office and they said that they have been giving out interviews via status update, but the emails will come once they sort out their interview itinerary.

Hey, recent Jeff grad here. I'm not going to be super helpful about the application since it's been a long while since i've done that, but if anyone has any questions about the school I can give advice good and bad.

/mostly this is a bookmark.

Complete mid-july and still decision pending- should I assume silent rejection?

Hey, recent Jeff grad here. I'm not going to be super helpful about the application since it's been a long while since i've done that, but if anyone has any questions about the school I can give advice good and bad.

/mostly this is a bookmark.

What was the highlight of your experience in medical school the first year? second year? third year? and fourth year?

How is the surrounding area in philadelphia? My PI did his post doc in Philadelphia and says the meaningless violence amongst the surrounding community can get out of hand at times. How true is this? does it affect you as a student?

Complete mid-july and still decision pending- should I assume silent rejection?

Don't give up hope. It is not over until you get an official rejection, assuming anything otherwise may only serve to make you feel down, depressed.

This is a waiting game. Patience, as hard as it is to muster up as I check my statuses sometimes, is getting me through this period of waiting for the tons of other schools that I applied to.

Hey everyone! I'm a current first year at Jeff. If you have any questions about the application, the interview day, Philly, etc., drop me a PM. I'd be happy to offer any advice that I can.

Don't give up hope. It is not over until you get an official rejection, assuming anything otherwise may only serve to make you feel down, depressed.

This is a waiting game. Patience, as hard as it is to muster up as I check my statuses sometimes, is getting me through this period of waiting for the tons of other schools that I applied to.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and good luck!

hey everyone! did anyone that applied to the PSAP get an interview specifically yet? just wondering if they started reviewing those files yet.. thanks!

My AMCAS has been complete for over a week and I haven't received a secondary app yet...should I be worried?

Does anybody know if I can submit 5 letters instead of 4? I'm pretty sure they are okay with it, as most schools are, but I just want to make sure. :)

For people who have gotten interview invites, what are you guys doing as far as staying in Philadelphia? It seems like JMC is in a very expensive area, and all the hotels around there are very expensive.

For people who have gotten interview invites, what are you guys doing as far as staying in Philadelphia? It seems like JMC is in a very expensive area, and all the hotels around there are very expensive.

i am pretty sure jefferson provides accommodations with a current medical student...

Last edited:

I'm going to stay with a student host. They just haven't gotten that list ready for us yet.

Is there no application preview page? Did anyone format their essay successfully?

Is there no application preview page? Did anyone format their essay successfully?

No. you cannot see the application once you have submitted it. I could not format the essay successfully.

Anyone else getting this error message when clicking "Complete Medical College Secondary Application"?

Sat, 27 Aug 2011 01:20:40 GMT

ORA-01403: no data found
ORA-06512: at "BANINST1.JMCSAPP", line 508
ORA-06512: at line 33

Afterwards, it says:
A break-in attempt has been detected. Please login again.

Does Jefferson continually review apps?
I was complete in Early July and am still located at the Decision Pending....is this similar to a silent rejection or am I still in the mix?

Anyone else getting this error message when clicking "Complete Medical College Secondary Application"?

Sat, 27 Aug 2011 01:20:40 GMT

ORA-01403: no data found
ORA-06512: at "BANINST1.JMCSAPP", line 508
ORA-06512: at line 33

Afterwards, it says:
A break-in attempt has been detected. Please login again.

that seemed to happen when i was typing an essay into the "additional info" field. i asked the admissions office and they told me to email them a document that includes my "additional info" and separately submit the app with the essay field blank. it worked for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.