2011-2012 Jefferson Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone, i dont see a regular md program pick in the secondary. I see:

A) physician shortage program
b) md/phd
c) dimer

if i pick no to all the above does it automatically indicate traditional md?

+1

Members don't see this ad.

So...I just typed my essay in twice. Both times I got this message after hitting submit on the verification page (i.e. the review page where you are able to look over everything):
"Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:29:25 GMT

ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column
ORA-06512: at "BANINST1.JMCSAPP", line 6341
ORA-06512: at line 33"

Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea on how to fix it?

So...I just typed my essay in twice. Both times I got this message after hitting submit on the verification page (i.e. the review page where you are able to look over everything):
"Fri, 22 Jul 2011 22:29:25 GMT

ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column
ORA-06512: at "BANINST1.JMCSAPP", line 6341
ORA-06512: at line 33"

Has anyone else had this problem? Any idea on how to fix it?

I had that same message/problem when I tried to submit on my Mac using an AMCAS-capable version of Firefox. I tried typing and submitting it in Chrome, and redirected me to the fee payment. My status is decision pending now.

Try a different browser. Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
so I talked to my physics professor and he said he can only write a letter that I performed well in his class and since the class was large, he will not be able to comment on it further..What should I do?!?!?
this is the only university I am applying with soo specific LoR requirement

why does my status page say; Application Preference: Not entered ?

why does my status page say; Application Preference: Not entered ?

That's normal. Mine says that too. You want to care about what it says in the "display secondary application status" page.

do you all think it is too late to send in secondaries to jefferson?

I had that same message/problem when I tried to submit on my Mac using an AMCAS-capable version of Firefox. I tried typing and submitting it in Chrome, and redirected me to the fee payment. My status is decision pending now.

Try a different browser. Hope that helps.

Thanks JNPrunner - gave it a shot with explorer and chrome but still no luck. I have no clue what's going on. Guess I'll just have to wait for Monday - myeh...will have had the secondary app for 3 weeks at that point. doh.

Thanks JNPrunner - gave it a shot with explorer and chrome but still no luck. I have no clue what's going on. Guess I'll just have to wait for Monday - myeh...will have had the secondary app for 3 weeks at that point. doh.

Having the same issue, nucleophilic did you ever manage to solve the problem?

so I talked to my physics professor and he said he can only write a letter that I performed well in his class and since the class was large, he will not be able to comment on it further..What should I do?!?!?
this is the only university I am applying with soo specific LoR requirement

This should not be your letter writers than...Too bland this will actually hurt your compared to applicants who have letter writers who communicated with them beyond the classroom.

Having the same issue, nucleophilic did you ever manage to solve the problem?

Yep... I just tried it like 10 times on both Chrome and Firefox (and on each, I noticed some mistakes, forgot a dropdown menu option, etc... went back on FF browser to fix it but FF doesn't save any of my answers so I had to start over... etc). No luck :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep... I just tried it like 10 times on both Chrome and Firefox (and on each, I noticed some mistakes, forgot a dropdown menu option, etc... went back on FF browser to fix it but FF doesn't save any of my answers so I had to start over... etc). No luck :(

So I got a response by email from the admissions office. I was told to submit my application w/o the additional comments and then separately send them an email with this essay and they would add it to my file.

Submitted the secondary. After I paid it popped up with an error message but I got the email receipt and the secondary site said I had submitted the secondary so I guess I won't worry about it.

Anyone who's interviewing here received any info yet on dates and whatnot?

This is from the school's website:

For your convenience you can submit your secondary application to JMC online.

You will need to have handy the log-in ID and PIN you should have received by email after you submitted your first application to AMCAS. To apply online, you will need a credit card. If you don't have a credit card, you can print an application directly from this page and mail or fax it to the JMC Admissions Office. To learn how to apply online, please see Admissions Information.

Download the JMC Application* or a form for one of JMC's special programs described below.

Physician Shortage Area Program Application Form*
DIMER Program Application Form*
-----------------

I'm confused. Does Jefferson send you your log-in ID and PIN, or is it in your confirmation email from AMCAS? I haven't been verified yet, and I looked at the first email from when I submitted my app, and there's no PIN number or anything.

It looks like from their website that you can download the forms and fill them out yourself... but I'd rather just do it all online... so if it were the same form, why isn't the online thing available to me?

This is from the school's website:

For your convenience you can submit your secondary application to JMC online.

You will need to have handy the log-in ID and PIN you should have received by email after you submitted your first application to AMCAS. To apply online, you will need a credit card. If you don't have a credit card, you can print an application directly from this page and mail or fax it to the JMC Admissions Office. To learn how to apply online, please see Admissions Information.

Download the JMC Application* or a form for one of JMC's special programs described below.

Physician Shortage Area Program Application Form*
DIMER Program Application Form*
-----------------

I'm confused. Does Jefferson send you your log-in ID and PIN, or is it in your confirmation email from AMCAS? I haven't been verified yet, and I looked at the first email from when I submitted my app, and there's no PIN number or anything.

It looks like from their website that you can download the forms and fill them out yourself... but I'd rather just do it all online... so if it were the same form, why isn't the online thing available to me?

As follows:

Login ID: AMCAS #
PIN ID: MMDDYY of your bday

To those of you who submitted your secondary--does the status page get automatically updated to reflect the 3 "Yes" responses or does it take a few days to update? I submitted mine this evening and it still says I have not paid my fee or submitted the secondary, even though I did pay and submit :confused:

To those of you who submitted your secondary--does the status page get automatically updated to reflect the 3 "Yes" responses or does it take a few days to update? I submitted mine this evening and it still says I have not paid my fee or submitted the secondary, even though I did pay and submit :confused:

It took around 24 hours. I submitted on Tuesday.

dumb question ( I haven't read the whole thread): If my status changed to "Interview to be scheduled" does it mean that I already secured an interview?

dumb question ( I haven't read the whole thread): If my status changed to "Interview to be scheduled" does it mean that I already secured an interview?

Some people earlier in the thread said this was their status too. They seemed to think it meant you were getting an interview invite. I'm skeptical.

well i'm going to change my mdappl. status on jefferson just to feel good about myself lol

well i'm going to change my mdappl. status on jefferson just to feel good about myself lol

Page 3- penndoc, a medical student who has experience with Jefferson from last application cycle, says that this does in fact mean an interview will be scheduled.

Congrats!!

But like runner, I'm not a 100%, that's been my status for 3 weeks or so and haven't heard a word.

Last edited:
timeline for all of this?? my still says decision pending but it's only been over 2 weeks...

I was complete at the end of June but I didn't check my status until today :D. I figured that I would get an e-mail if they invited me for an interview

Last edited:
Anyone still have no status line? I submitted over a month ago and I still have no status line other than the Yes x3 when I click "Display Secondary Application Status", and when I click my application link it says "This Web application is complete but has not yet been processed." :confused:

I was complete the day the secondary was released, so probably late June, and it took about two weeks for my status to go from pending to interview to be scheduled.

I was complete at the end of June but I didn't check my status until today :D. I figured that I would get an e-mail if they invited me for an interview

I'm sure they will when they actually schedule our dates. They probably saw no point in taking time to tell us "you're in the pile of interviews we need to schedule". I'm glad, every med school email that isn't a secondary makes my heart skip a beat. :laugh:

Some people earlier in the thread said this was their status too. They seemed to think it meant you were getting an interview invite. I'm skeptical.

I talked to a friend who goes to Jefferson and he said that it's definitely an interview invite.

Where is everyone checking their application status? I went to back to the admissions login but I dont see anything showing status...

I checked my status today and it has gone from "Interview Decision Pending" to "Interview to be Scheduled". Was on the first status for about 2 weeks.

I checked my status today and it has gone from "Interview Decision Pending" to "Interview to be Scheduled". Was on the first status for about 2 weeks.

I've been complete for a week and my status still is "Decision Pending." Did any of you guys have this before your status switched to "Interview Decision Pending" or "Interveiw to be scheduled" ?

I've been complete for a week and my status still is "Decision Pending." Did any of you guys have this before your status switched to "Interview Decision Pending" or "Interveiw to be scheduled" ?

Yes. I switched from Decision Pending to Interview Decision Pending about a week ago.

Also just got the "Interview Decision Pending" status! I've been at "decision pending" for over a month so i was kinda expecting silent rejection

mine's been "decision pending" for three weeks now. should i be worried?

I still have no status at all. Over a month...

I submitted on 7/6 and had decision pending for two weeks before changing to interview decision pending for two weeks.

I submitted on 7/6 and had decision pending for two weeks before changing to interview decision pending for two weeks.

Were both of these status's at the box that says interview status?

Status
Not open for further replies.