2011-2012 Mount Sinai Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Sinai send my recommenders an email? Don't they just take the uploaded ones from AMCAS...

Do I even have to register them? I don't want them getting random emails asking for uploads when they don't have to.

Why does Sinai send my recommenders an email? Don't they just take the uploaded ones from AMCAS...

Do I even have to register them? I don't want them getting random emails asking for uploads when they don't have to.

In red, it said that MDs didn't have to do it because it will already be sent through AMCAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received an recommendation letter entitled: "101, Embark"? I know Embark is the name of the service they use to run the 2ndary application. I am assuming this is just some kinda placeholder or application summary or something like that, but it would give me some peace of mind to know if anyone else has received it too.

Did anyone else get this email?

---------------------------------
Embark 101 has successfully submitted your online document to Mount Sinai School of Medicine MD Program 2012.

To view the status of your other documents for this application, please log into Mount Sinai School of Medicine MD Program 2012's online application and click the View Status link under the Recommendations section of the Home page.

Thank you for using the Apply Online System.
----------------------------------

I did not send them anything...

Did anyone else get this email?

---------------------------------
Embark 101 has successfully submitted your online document to Mount Sinai School of Medicine MD Program 2012.

To view the status of your other documents for this application, please log into Mount Sinai School of Medicine MD Program 2012's online application and click the View Status link under the Recommendations section of the Home page.

----------------------------------

I did not send them anything...

I have the same thing. "101, Embark" is the name of the "recommendation" letter placed into your 2ndary application.

Hm yeah, I see that... what is that?!

A question on the rec letters. It says "either the committee packet from your Pre-Med Advisory Committee, or one letter from a science faculty member and one letter from a non-science faculty member both whom have taught you a course."

I have a single letter from my premed advisor (not a "committee per se), but for most schools, when they say "committee packet," they seem to define that as "a letter from premed committee, with or without additional letters"... so does that mean that Mount Sinai will accept multiple letters sent in as a "packet" (compiled by me on Interfolio)?

I have the same thing. "101, Embark" is the name of the "recommendation" letter placed into your 2ndary application.
Mine says "401, Embark" for the recommendation letter, and AMCAS hasn't received it yet.

So I just called them about the letters and they said to not worry about that section because they will download our letters from AMCAS. That section is apparently for PhD applicants only - I guess they use the same application as us. On the other hand, one of my letter writers already submitted and now I can't delete it. Oh well, guess they will have two copies of that letter. :oops:

Mine says "401, Embark" for the recommendation letter, and AMCAS hasn't received it yet.

same, 401

Recommender NameDate RegisteredStatusDate Submitted
401, Embark
misc_dotted_vert_sm.gif
7/21/2011 2:22:56 AM
misc_dotted_vert_sm.gif
Registration Confirmed
misc_dotted_vert_sm.gif

Has Not Submitted

My essays are ready and want to submit it.
But for this message, I worry about it.
Shoud I just leave as it is and submit it ?

Does anybody else just see a blank page when you click "Preview" your uploaded essay documents?

Does anybody else just see a blank page when you click "Preview" your uploaded essay documents?
What format did you upload your document as? If you used .docx, try regular .doc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok...still waiting on this secondary and it's driving me crazy

What format did you upload your document as? If you used .docx, try regular .doc.

Yeah, I already tried this, but it was still blank in either format. I just previewed it with Chrome instead of Safari and it worked, so it was just a browser issue apparently.

Ok...still waiting on this secondary and it's driving me crazy
I also haven't received it and I've gotten every other secondary that I was waiting for. Will they be sending out another batch?

I also haven't received it and I've gotten every other secondary that I was waiting for. Will they be sending out another batch?

I think so. I have not received the secondary either, but it seems that schools that to send auto-secondaries send them in random batches or according to order received from AMCAS.

getting into Mt.Sinai would be so boss. Complete!

Okay, the more I read about Mount Sinai, the more I love it. Awesome curriculum, not to mention NYC is amazing. :xf: for interview!

do we need to title the essays in the word document we upload?

I didn't title them. I figure they know what the prompts are.

Submitted :luck:

I think so. I have not received the secondary either, but it seems that schools that to send auto-secondaries send them in random batches or according to order received from AMCAS.

Did you guys receive a link to the secondary or did you just start it? I went to this link https://apply.embark.com/Grad/MountSinai/16/PQ.asp?r=1 and they said I was already registered, so I started the application, but when it asks what program I am applying for MD only is not on it.

received complete e-mail
:luck: to all!

Anyone know the MAX amount of letters we can send?

I'm officially joining this party. Primary submitted, waiting to be verified.

Anyone else not receive the secondary yet? I'm wondering now whether there may have been an error my secondary account, despite the fact that I received the first email with the essays prompts.

I was verified on 6/3 and just received the secondary at the end of this week, so don't worry, MonkfishSushi. I'm sure it'll come soon.

So, on all my medical school applications, I have been explaining that I want to go to them, be cause of their commitment to service, and like various community service and ethics committees that the school has, or its global health program and how it fits with my hopes as a physician. Is that what they want, because I feel like I am seeing a lot of people comment on curriculum, but I don't really care about curriculum personally (i trust the school and myself to give and receive a good education). I just want to make sure I don't sound like an overly idealistic.

Weird that a lot of people still haven't gotten the secondary!

I'm seeing the same weird rec letter stuff, and I just got the confirmation for my app. Maybe I'll give them a call on Monday or so to make sure we're all fine. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Awesome, thanks for the info ncrassa. Those of us who have not received the secondary now just patiently wait.

By the way, loving the quote TheGreyWarden!

A bit confused here - I received an e-mail saying "Thank you for starting the official online version of our application." along with the link to the secondary. Is this the request to fill out the secondary?

I follow the link and am asked to log in, but the e-mail said nothing about a password. I was able to figure it out by clicking the "forgot your password?" link though... is that what everybody else did?

A bit confused here - I received an e-mail saying "Thank you for starting the official online version of our application." along with the link to the secondary. Is this the request to fill out the secondary?

I follow the link and am asked to log in, but the e-mail said nothing about a password. I was able to figure it out by clicking the "forgot your password?" link though... is that what everybody else did?

yep. the password is your AAMC ID number.

I just got another email telling me they've received my "online document." I haven't even started on this secondary yet... What's the deal?

I have 301, Embark and 2, Embark. I only have one committee letter packet. What does the 2, Embark stand for? They both say submitted. so confused

Is anyone else's app for Mount Sinai totally glitching...? I received an email saying that I've set up my secondary application account and another saying that my secondary has been completed....

Problem is, I've never even set up an account with Embark yet... What the hell?

MESSAGE1 (2 days ago):
"Dear __________,

Thank you for starting the official online version of our application.

Log in here to access your application in the future: https://apply.embark.com/Grad/MountSinai/MD/. We encourage you to submit your completed application online.

Good luck with your application,
Mount Sinai School of Medicine MD Program"

MESSAGE 2 (1 day ago):
Dear ________,
Embark 1 has successfully submitted your online document to Mount Sinai School of Medicine MD Program 2012.

Sincerely,
Embark Apply Online System
http://embark.custhelp.com/

Is anyone else's app for Mount Sinai totally glitching...? I received an email saying that I've set up my secondary application account and another saying that my secondary has been completed....

As far as I can tell, the "electronic document" in the second message is referring to letters of recommendation. However, I received that message before sending in my letters.

These messages are weird, but I logged on to my account with them and it all seems to be in order (meaning it's blank). The one discrepancy is that it said it received my LORs before I had sent them.

Problem is, I've never even set up an account with Embark yet... What the hell?

MESSAGE1 (2 days ago):
"Dear __________,

Thank you for starting the official online version of our application.

Log in here to access your application in the future: https://apply.embark.com/Grad/MountSinai/MD/. We encourage you to submit your completed application online.

Good luck with your application,
Mount Sinai School of Medicine MD Program"

MESSAGE 2 (1 day ago):
Dear ________,
Embark 1 has successfully submitted your online document to Mount Sinai School of Medicine MD Program 2012.

Sincerely,
Embark Apply Online System
http://embark.custhelp.com/

This is happening to me too. The Embark thing is about LOR's, and I think I've gotten 3 or 4 emails with Embark 1, 2, or 3 in the subject line. I think you can check the status of your LORs on the applciation page.

What the hell is the Embark LOR thats showing up on my secondary for Mount Sinai? Should I delete it? I haven't submitted my amcas letters yet.

Mt Sinai's cryptic embark system leaves me befuddled, to say the least.

Has anyone not received their secondary yet? I received the e-mail stating that they received my AMCAS application and will be sending me the link to the secondary within 2 weeks...but it's been 3 weeks and I still haven't heard back.

has anyone called about the embark stuff?

has anyone called about the embark stuff?

Yeah, I called because it said that I had two different letters of recommendation being sent to Mt. Sinai, and that my second one had just been sent. However, I only have ONE letter of recommendation (committee letter), so I asked why there's a second letter appearing. They said it's a glitch in the Embark software and they realize that. They said not to delete or remove the glitch letter, as they are aware of the issue and will handle it themselves.

Long story short, as long as your letter is actually there, don't worry about the "extra letters."

Yeah, I called because it said that I had two different letters of recommendation being sent to Mt. Sinai, and that my second one had just been sent. However, I only have ONE letter of recommendation (committee letter), so I asked why there's a second letter appearing. They said it's a glitch in the Embark software and they realize that. They said not to delete or remove the glitch letter, as they are aware of the issue and will handle it themselves.

Long story short, as long as your letter is actually there, don't worry about the "extra letters."

thanks! im in the same situation

Status
Not open for further replies.