2011-2012 Mount Sinai Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview invite as well for October 12th! Anyone else interviewing that day? Good luck to everyone else applying :)

I was complete 7/26

Members don't see this ad.

CONGRATZZ!! to all of you who got interview invites! I absolutely love this school!

would you guys mind telling us when you were complete?
I submitted my secondary on 8/10 and I see some people submitted on July 30th with interviews so I'm getting a little worried..

throw in your stats if you are feeling generous!

:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Invite! Submitted and complete 8/15. This school is amazing and I'm excited to have a chance to visit.

ugh, story of my life. Everyone else is getting interviews, and thing has been silent on my front for the past 3 weeks!

congrats to everyone who got an II!! :luck:

I got one too!!!! This is so cool :)

Very happy to hear this 2 days after my first rejection. :luck:

Feels_Good_Man563.jpg

Just got an interview invite!!!

This school assigns you a date for interview rather than letting you choose? Do other schools do this too?

For those of you with II who haven't mentioned it yet, when did you submit?

Did everyone who got an interview also get asked to apply to PORTAL? It seems like an excellent program to be in, although it would add an extra year to med school...

Members don't see this ad :)
For confirmation of our interview date, it says that we need send an email. The bottom of the email says that not to respond, but there is a link to another page that says:

"To reply to "Mount Sinai School of Medicine Supplemental Application" enter your response in the space below, then click the Submit button."

Is this the page that we're supposed to use to confirm our interview date? We're not really confirming via email then... Or I'm just really slow :rolleyes:

That was confusing for me too. The email explicitly says in bold to "respond by e-mail". I did a quick search for other Sinai emails I've received and saw the same message you quoted. That one you quoted is probably part of the automatic signature.

Confusing right? We should call the admissions office to confirm. It would suck to fly to New York only to find out they didn't receive your confirmation :scared:

anyone know interview/accepted stats?

Yo Raltima! Found this online, but don't know how reliable it is. From 2008:

Total Applied: 6,256
Total Interviewed: 758
Total Accepted: 323
Total Matriculated: 120

(See you there! :D)

Yo Raltima! Found this online, but don't know how reliable it is. From 2008:

Total Applied: 6,256
Total Interviewed: 758
Total Accepted: 323
Total Matriculated: 120

(See you there! :D)

Yay! We have pretty good chances then; almost 50%. I heard there are more acceptances in the early set of apps than later - I hope that is true. I would love to have an acceptance from this school (and top 20 at that) in November!!!

Great luck all

Yay! We have pretty good chances then; almost 50%. I heard there are more acceptances in the early set of apps than later - I hope that is true. I would love to have an acceptance from this school (and top 20 at that) in November!!!

Great luck all

They don't start dishing out acceptances until January, I believe.

YAH! I just finished my secondaries.

Congrats to everyone who got an interview. Perhaps I will be lucky enough to join your ranks.

This is my dream school because I see eye to eye with their objectives. :xf:

I thought November...

*double-checks*

From the "MD Applicant Checklist" which is located on the Instructions tab on the Secondary application website:

"Acceptance decisions are made on a monthly basis beginning in January through to the end of the interview season."

Where are you guys getting November from? This document could be outdated. I dunno. :laugh:

How many recommendations do you guys have listed? I just have a committee letter, but it says there's a recommendation from "101, Embark" received on 7/21, and one from "402, Embark" received on 8/10. Anyone else have this?

How many recommendations do you guys have listed? I just have a committee letter, but it says there's a recommendation from "101, Embark" received on 7/21, and one from "402, Embark" received on 8/10. Anyone else have this?

Been discussed. It's a glitch you can ignore. G'luck!

yeah i have that too, but I think its fine because the top of the page says something along the lines of "we've received all of your letters, don't delete anything." Or something like that anyways. Besides, I'm assuming if that happened to both of us its probably fine.
For the people who were "completed" - do you mean you submitted your secondary on this date or got the email back from mt. sinai on that date? They took a while to send me that thing...about 2 weeks after I submitted. Just curious for when to possibly expect a response from them...

First interview invite! This has gone from extremely nerve-wracking to very exciting literally over night! :) How did everyone confirm? With that URL link at the bottom, right?

First interview invite! This has gone from extremely nerve-wracking to very exciting literally over night! :) How did everyone confirm? With that URL link at the bottom, right?

Congrats!

I really REALLY hope I get an interview too. :xf: This is my ideal med school.

did anyone figure out where to send the confirmation email?

Is there a separate "complete" email, or just the one that says "congratulations! [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]You have successfully submitted your online application to the MD Program at Mount Sinai School of Medicine. We sincerely thank you for your interest in our school and look forward to reviewing your application." and then goes on to talk about rec letters?

Is there a separate "complete" email, or just the one that says "congratulations! [FONT=tahoma,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]You have successfully submitted your online application to the MD Program at Mount Sinai School of Medicine. We sincerely thank you for your interest in our school and look forward to reviewing your application." and then goes on to talk about rec letters?

I have the same question... I assumed we won't get another notification because the email I got right before that (i.e. at the moment of submission) said an upcoming email will serve as "confirmation" that they received the application successfully...

It's a bit vague though because both this email and the secondary website just say "application received" which doesn't necessarily mean a "complete" file...

There is no "complete" email. The strange "confirmation" email is what you can expect.

Also, I wanted to share how nice they were over the phone when I asked to reschedule my interview. It seems like they have some flexibility in the dates :thumbup:

I am so happy about having the chance to visit NY! I've never been to the east coast :oops:

is anyone having difficulty viewing their application status? when i go to the site they sent in the confirmation email, it only displays my completed secondary, but there is no tab to click on to view my status? :confused:

I'm really glad Sinai is giving me a shot; I can't wait to visit New York for the first time!! :) Does anyone have any knowledge about the interview day?

is anyone having difficulty viewing their application status? When i go to the site they sent in the confirmation email, it only displays my completed secondary, but there is no tab to click on to view my status? :confused:

+1

is anyone having difficulty viewing their application status? when i go to the site they sent in the confirmation email, it only displays my completed secondary, but there is no tab to click on to view my status? :confused:

Same. Submitted 7/20, never got a confirmation e-mail (but did get several Embark and another "submitted" email), and application page just says "submitted."

Normal?

Hi,

I was trying to delete one of the LOR entries on the secondary app.. However, the recommenders' names are just a bunch of "Embark's"..... How do I identify which letter is from which of my referees?

Thanks.

This is my dream school!!

But I see that it's generally taken a little while after primaries to receive the invitation to the fill out the secondary application.
(I'm on the later side because of MCATs)
Are they sending them in batches, because according to a few different sources, all who complete the primary AMCAS application will recieve a secondary from Sinai.(?)

Also good luck, guys!

This is my dream school!!

But I see that it's generally taken a little while after primaries to receive the invitation to the fill out the secondary application.
(I'm on the later side because of MCATs)
Are they sending them in batches, because according to a few different sources, all who complete the primary AMCAS application will recieve a secondary from Sinai.(?)

Also good luck, guys!

:confused: What do you mean by this?

I don't think they are sending them in batches. I received my invitation to complete the secondaries in 24 hours. This was on 8/3. I have yet to hear anything from them...which is disheartening because this is the ideal school for me.

What are Sinai affiliated hospitals for 3rd year clerkship?

:confused: What do you mean by this?

I don't think they are sending them in batches. I received my invitation to complete the secondaries in 24 hours. This was on 8/3. I have yet to hear anything from them...which is disheartening because this is the ideal school for me.

I say "batches" because schools like Oregon, have been sending their secondaries out in groups or "cycles," giving each cycle five weeks to complete the secondary before sending out the next batch. Some unfortunate students' secondaries have ended up in junk filters and expiring before they even found out about them.

You say that you got yours already? My application should have been marked completed with the uploading of my MCAT scores on 8/18. I just verified that everything was complete...

I say "batches" because schools like Oregon, have been sending their secondaries out in groups or "cycles," giving each cycle five weeks to complete the secondary before sending out the next batch. Some unfortunate students' secondaries have ended up in junk filters and expiring before they even found out about them.

You say that you got yours already? (are you referring to the secondary or confirmation email?) My application should have been marked completed with the uploading of my MCAT scores on 8/18. I just verified that everything was complete...

There is major miscommunication here.

I thought you were talking about mt sinai sending out secondaries. I don't think they are sending them out in batches because I got mine within 24 hours. May be I made the deadline? Or may be you are talking about the completion email?

My application has yet to be complete....but your has?

I'm so confused.

There is major miscommunication here.

I thought you were talking about mt sinai sending out secondaries. I don't think they are sending them out in batches because I got mine within 24 hours. May be I made the deadline? Or may be you are talking about the completion email?

My application has yet to be complete....but your has?

I'm so confused.

Ok... forget the batches.
I think I have everything straight now. And to be clear I was talking about the invite to the secondary app. What happened was I submitted my primary before my MCATs were loaded. They were finally loaded 8/17, but even now AMCAS has not verified my application. I've gotten a few secondaries, but I'm guessing that I won't be getting many more until my primary is verified.

When you submitted your primary you already had your MCATs loaded, correct? Maybe that's why you got your invite so fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.