2011-2012 Psychology PhD/Psy.D. Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good point and it's good to see someone mention scholarships.

However, please don't fail to mention how far in debt you are 4 years in, including living expenses. 7.5k (averaging) for 4 years is not much against 180k in tuition and bad job prospects...that is if it's a non-uni program. Hopefully you'll get a 20k per year internship, problem is almost 75% of that will go toward paying the interest on those loans and making the minimum payment because you will no longer be a full-time student.

Scholarships are great, but by their very nature, few get them.

This is not a "some" but "many" argument. For unfunded programs it's an "virtually all" and "this guy I know" argument.

Absolutely true that non-university Psy.D. programs typically result in huge debt. However, I'm emphasizing taking it on a case-by-case basis (Just as is the case with practicing clinical psychology - while it's essential to have an understanding of generalizations about theory/intervention, it's also vital to look at the person you are working with individually as well. Both are equally important). Having zero undergrad debt + slight reduction in Psy.D. debt + 10-year LRP really is not a huge deal, to me at least. I'm also someone who will not have a family to support, and am choosing a career path within the field that tends to pay better. Again, case-by-case basis.

For those who choose to go the unfunded route with little to no scholarships and no LRP - as long as they are well-educated on loans and repayment (which admittedly, many are not - and I appreciate your desire to do your part in educating) - I have no qualms with them making their choice. Not everyone needs or desires to have families, or bigger bank accounts. Some people are happy with getting by relatively comfortably and doing what they are passionate about. I completely understand if some people would freak at the idea of large loan repayments for 30+ years, but that's why you didn't choose that route. Other people are different.

And Psych2011, you're right. Sorry for being a part of getting this thread off track. Back to application discussion, and best of luck to all who are applying!

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a new thread yet for those of us applying this fall for 2012 admission? I applied in 2009, but didn't have my s--t together, so here I am again. Best of luck!

Is there a new thread yet for those of us applying this fall for 2012 admission? I applied in 2009, but didn't have my s--t together, so here I am again. Best of luck!

Isn't this it? If there's another one, I haven't seen it yet! :laugh: I'm sure once applications are in we'll be making the interview and rejection (BOO) threads.

So how many people have a mostly finalized list of schools? I'm looking at around 13 programs and have been obsessing over getting my generic personal statement ready. It's going to be a long next couple of months, yes?

THUNDERCATS ARE GO!

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't this it? If there's another one, I So how many people have a mostly finalized list of schools? I'm looking at around 13 programs and have been obsessing over getting my generic personal statement ready. It's going to be a long next couple of months, yes?

THUNDERCATS ARE GO!

Yeees, it's going to be a couple of very very long months!! I have made a schedule all the way until Dec 15th to follow in order to make sure I'll make it! I have my list of schools (although I have 22 schools right now and I want to reduce it to 20 schools. Professors from four of these schools haven't gotten back to me yet though so hopefully this will take care of itself.

I have promised myself to have my first draft of my generic personal statement ready in two weeks. This upcoming weekend is dedicated to taking the TOEFL...

I agree. I am wondering what to do because there aren't to many schools that focus on clinical psychology from a community perspective. Right now my list of schools is only a handful, so I'm not even sure if I'll be ready in time.

Does anyone have any good websites or books to document examples, and/or the process for the general statement?

Thank You.

My area of interest (actually, fascination) is social / affective neuropsychology, and I'm extremely non-psychodynamic. I'd like to be licensed in addition to conducting research. For various reasons, I am limited to New York and New Jersey.

Overall, I'm a decent, not outstanding applicant. Although I have top GREs and 3.98 GPA, I only have 2 very disparate, long term research experiences and a small amount of clinical experience. No publications or presentations (I've been unlucky in this direction, excellent PIs but weren't publishing that year.)

So far I am applying to Queens College, Fordham, NYU, Rutgers, Princeton, LIU - Brooklyn, and St. Johns. Would Hofstra be appropriate? Have I excluded any good options?

My area of interest (actually, fascination) is social / affective neuropsychology, and I'm extremely non-psychodynamic. I'd like to be licensed in addition to conducting research. For various reasons, I am limited to New York and New Jersey.

Overall, I'm a decent, not outstanding applicant. Although I have top GREs and 3.98 GPA, I only have 2 very disparate, long term research experiences and a small amount of clinical experience. No publications or presentations (I've been unlucky in this direction, excellent PIs but weren't publishing that year.)

So far I am applying to Queens College, Fordham, NYU, Rutgers, Princeton, LIU - Brooklyn, and St. Johns. Would Hofstra be appropriate? Have I excluded any good options?

Yeshiva, New School, or Teacher's College, maybe? I really don't know a thing about any of these programs but they're schools I've heard in association with the NY/NJ area.

NYU is not APA accredited and I know Princeton does not have a clinical program.

A lot of these schools do not have funding..

I think Fordham, St. Johns, and maybe Rutgers do though...

Yeshiva, New School, or Teacher's College, maybe? I really don't know a thing about any of these programs but they're schools I've heard in association with the NY/NJ area.
Thanks but they are not a good fit for me - Yeshiva has absolutely no funding, which I can't afford (I can manage with no stipend but not if I can't get a tuition waiver), New School is psychodynamic, and I don't really go for the Columbia atmosphere.
NYU is not APA accredited and I know Princeton does not have a clinical program.

A lot of these schools do not have funding..

I think Fordham, St. Johns, and maybe Rutgers do though...
Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge. I thought I had read everything about these schools but this is important information that I missed.

NYU? That shocks me. Why isn' that on their website? Still, I can always respecialize afterward and I really like their social neuro program.

Princeton doesn't have funding? I assumed as an Ivy League it would.

Not being clinical doesn't bother me so much, as long as I can later go back and get the clinical classes to be licensed. APA accreditation is slightly worrying, but I've heard that QC students don't have a hard time getting internships, not from any reliable source.

Although there is some overlap with occupational therapy and vet medicine, I am considering applying to programs with ongoing research in animal-assisted therapy. Schools on my radar are U Penn, U North Tx, Denver University, and Univ of Missouri. Can anyone offer me any advice or share this interest?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I was stressing about applications the other day when it dawned on me: Forums. So I found the SDN! Anyway, I have been doing everything on my own with very little help, and registered the other day and have been reading voraciously. It would seem I'm slightly behind, but not in trouble. Just wanted to make an introduction and say thanks to everyone. I will be applying to Clinical PhD programs - I have about 17-19 picked out so far - probably will apply to about 10.

Cheers,
J

So for people who are apply to 8+ programs, I was just wondering, since most programs require 2-3 recommendations, how do you ask for so many references from each referrer. I mean, sure, one can argue that referrers can write one generic reference for you and then we send this reference to all schools. Most schools, however, have their own reference systems with different ways of asking similar things and possibly check boxes or multiple choices to fill out.

I just feel like I can't reasonable ask a professor to fill out more than 5 reference forms for me...

So for people who are apply to 8+ programs, I was just wondering, since most programs require 2-3 recommendations, how do you ask for so many references from each referrer. I mean, sure, one can argue that referrers can write one generic reference for you and then we send this reference to all schools. Most schools, however, have their own reference systems with different ways of asking similar things and possibly check boxes or multiple choices to fill out.

I just feel like I can't reasonable ask a professor to fill out more than 5 reference forms for me...

I'm applying to 15 programs and I've definitely had this same thought. But when it comes down to it, they've written letters before and understand the process. I try to make the process as easy as possible so it doesn't feel like a hassle (e.g. providing materials if the school wants a hard copy). I'm gathering all the materials now because I want to send out all the information in October to they have plenty of time to finish everything.

I just give each letter writer what they want to write a letter for me. One just wants my transcripts, CV, etc. Another actually wants to work with me and draft a letter together. I've worked with my letter writers for years and I doubt they feel this is a huge hassle. It's kind of their way of thanking me for my hard work.

Members don't see this ad :)

I am hoping to have 3 referrers. Two of them, psychology professors, I will give a spreadsheet with each school, all the information they want, and a line or two of what is important per school (with the appropriate form.) I also hope to get an additional letter of ref from an employer (who only holds an MS, so I will send it to programs with an option of more than 3 letters.)
One is a PI who I doubt has the time to do that. I plan to ask this PI to just write a general letter of reference.
So 2 of my letters of ref will be personalized, one not.

I'm applying to 15 programs and I've definitely had this same thought. But when it comes down to it, they've written letters before and understand the process. I try to make the process as easy as possible so it doesn't feel like a hassle (e.g. providing materials if the school wants a hard copy). I'm gathering all the materials now because I want to send out all the information in October to they have plenty of time to finish everything.

I just give each letter writer what they want to write a letter for me. One just wants my transcripts, CV, etc. Another actually wants to work with me and draft a letter together. I've worked with my letter writers for years and I doubt they feel this is a huge hassle. It's kind of their way of thanking me for my hard work.

It can be a hassle for them, but they're used to it. It's part of being a professor (or supervisor, etc.). And not only do they understand the process, so do the programs you're applying to--believe me, they know the letter writers are writing in bulk and plugging in school names or program words. It's all part of it.

It can be a hassle for them, but they're used to it. It's part of being a professor (or supervisor, etc.). And not only do they understand the process, so do the programs you're applying to--believe me, they know the letter writers are writing in bulk and plugging in school names or program words. It's all part of it.

Speaking as someone that applies to 12 schools last year I think there are a couple of things to keep in mind. First and foremost if you are asking these professors or mentors to write you letters I would hope that they are seriously invested in your future and like you as a student and a person. That being said I have found that my professors were more than willing to be a part of my career goals and appreciated that I thought highly enough of them to ask them to write me a letter. Second you MUST MUST MUST ask them with enough time for them to write letters. If you want individualized letters and you are applying to 15 schools think about what that entails even if you give them a months notice they would have to bang out a letter every other day for a month to get them all done. So just be aware of that and give them plenty of time to finish them.

Hi applicants! I'm currently a 5th-year graduate student in a research-oriented, university-based clinical psych Ph.D. program. Because I remember how helpful SDN forums were during the grad school application process, I wanted to add myself to the list of folks willing to answer questions for you. Apparently, I don't have enough to do with dissertation research and internship applications! :)

PM me if you have an urgent question; I can't keep up with the thread, especially as it gets more crowded.

Keep in mind during this process that it is difficult to get into clinical programs simply because excellent and rigorous training requires dedicated individuals. Rest assured that if you get in, you will look back on the application process as the easiest of many challenges! That said, graduate school has been the most rewarding and intellectually stimulating time of my life. Best of luck to you all!

OK, I thought since there were current Clinical PhD and Clinical PsyD students offering their help I should do the same because this website was extremely helpful to me when applying last year. I am a first year Counseling Psych PhD student. If anyone has any questions regarding counseling psych or the process in general I'd be glad to try and answer them. Good luck everyone!!

Wow, thank you guys so much for offering to help. This community is definitely pretty awesome :)

As for my application process, I feel pretty good about my school list (around 10 with a couple 'maybes'), made pretty good contact with most POIs, but there are a few they haven't replied.

My current headache is caused by reading my Statement of Purpose from last year's cycle. Wow, I thought it was pretty decent (my advisor loved it), but now I think it's complete garbage. Ugh. Anybody confident in this area be willing to give advice/proofread my essay in a couple weeks?

Thanks and best of luck everyone - we can do this :)

I gave my references a list of what was needed for each school in a folder, and if there was a separate reference form, I filled out all the information that I could, e.g., my name, address, etc., to save them time, and then put tags with each describing what they still needed to complete. Make sure they know whether they need to upload a letter or send a sealed hard copy, too, although most are probably uploaded.

They know the drill; if they have agreed to write you letters they probably know what to expect!

Hi folks,

I'm more than willing to help answer questions regarding the process. But do PM me with questions as I won't be able to keep up with this thread either.

I am currently a first year clinical psychology PhD student in a top 10 university based program. I went through the process last year and can relate well to the arduous and intense process. I entered without any publications, posters, or presentations, so just to be clear it is possible!

Please let me know if you have any questions along the way and best of luck!

Good luck people! Just thinking about the application and interview process makes my stomach upset!

I'm grateful to be done with it.... Well at least until applying for Internships. :eek:

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else applying to SDSU/UCSD and kind of wondering when they will put up the asterisks on their website that indicate who is and is not accepting students? I know I can always email to find out, I've been hesitating to email there as I decide between POIs.

I've also emailed the person at UCSB that I am interested in working with and have not heard back yet (I think it's been around a month already)...

Do you think it is appropriate to email the department secretary/admissions secretary at that point to inquire as to whether or not a specific professor will be accepting students? I don't want to apply to too many schools where I'm unsure whether or not the person I'm interested in will be accepting students (and this isn't the only one... )

Watch out for SDSU/UCSD on the whole available professors issue. Last year when I applied, they changed it continually (making more and more professors unavailable). I went from having literally four potentially good matches (they have a lot of faculty!) to one mediocre one. At that point, I had already completed part of the app and paid the app fee, so I continued on with the process. Needless to say, I did NOT end up at SDSU/UCSD!

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else applying to SDSU/UCSD and kind of wondering when they will put up the asterisks on their website that indicate who is and is not accepting students? I know I can always email to find out, I've been hesitating to email there as I decide between POIs.

I've also emailed the person at UCSB that I am interested in working with and have not heard back yet (I think it's been around a month already)...

Do you think it is appropriate to email the department secretary/admissions secretary at that point to inquire as to whether or not a specific professor will be accepting students? I don't want to apply to too many schools where I'm unsure whether or not the person I'm interested in will be accepting students (and this isn't the only one... )

Hi everyone,

What I did was to email the professors that didn't respond to my first email a couple of weeks later to just friendly remind them. I tried to do it in a non-pushy way and I ended up getting great responses from most of them! They are just busy people and might have forgotten about your first email. That's just my two cents.

This year I am applying to some clinical and some counseling psych programs. However, I am not sure exactly how to write a statement for the counseling psych programs. Is it basically the same format? Should I still talk about all my clinical research experience?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Hi all,

I'm currently a first year in a research-oriented clinical Ph.D. program, and MAN am I happy to be done with the application process:) Good luck to you all!

I just wanted to throw in one bit of info that was helpful for me when writing SOP's, contacting POI's, at interviews, etc... Often articles that are being published right now aren't even what POI's are still working on, just due to the natural lag in the publication process. To see what current research projects they have going on, you can also search the NIH reporter website to see if they have any active grants with NIH. This is obviously more applicable to research-oriented POI's, but just wanted to throw it out there.

I'm not advocating that you pay no attention to what they have already published, I would DEFINITELY be familiar with their body of work. I just think the NIH link can be helpful in order to demonstrate how you fit in with the current work and "future directions" of their lab. Link below:

http://projectreporter.nih.gov/reporter.cfm

Often articles that are being published right now aren't even what POI's are still working on, just due to the natural lag in the publication process. To see what current research projects they have going on, you can also search the NIH reporter website to see if they have any active grants with NIH. This is obviously more applicable to research-oriented POI's, but just wanted to throw it out there.

I'm not advocating that you pay no attention to what they have already published, I would DEFINITELY be familiar with their body of work. I just think the NIH link can be helpful in order to demonstrate how you fit in with the current work and "future directions" of their lab. Link below:

http://projectreporter.nih.gov/reporter.cfm

Agree 100% with the above

hi all! I was on this website last year like it was my job...
last year was my second go around and i got into five programs (compared to 0 on my first try) so for those of you giving it another try...things can work out!

I'm currently a first year in a PsyD program, considering all the advice and info I got during the application process I'd be more than happy to help if anyone has PsyD related questions, application related or not

as stated by many of the other current students PM would be best because I won't be able to keep up with this and my readings for class

good luck everyone!

I just got a call from my mentor to let me know that one of my top choices for grad school e-mailed her about me. :soexcited: I am psyched and wanted to share that with others who could appreciate how exciting it is!

I just got a call from my mentor to let me know that one of my top choices for grad school e-mailed her about me. :soexcited: I am psyched and wanted to share that with others who could appreciate how exciting it is!

Wow, that's great and very exciting!!! Congrats!! :)

Wow, that's great and very exciting!!! Congrats!! :)

Yes, congrats! So many little steps to take moving forward, so hopefully you can relish in the excitement of this for a little while :) Good luck with everything!

I'm presenting at a conference next week and my mentor just let me know that she scheduled a breakfast/coffee with one of my POIs. The POI said she would bring along a few grad students so I can ask questions.

I'm am sooo excited/nervous. Definitely wasn't prepared to get into interview mode for a few months! I know it's going to be semi-casual but I still want to prepare.

Any suggestions? I was just going to read through some of her recent work and prepare a few questions for her and her grad students. Nothing intense.

This year I am applying to some clinical and some counseling psych programs. However, I am not sure exactly how to write a statement for the counseling psych programs. Is it basically the same format? Should I still talk about all my clinical research experience?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

They're basically the same. I applied to both types of programs and was accepted at both types of programs and I used pretty much the same SoP (besides changing minor things like POI names) at both. The only suggestion I would have is that your SoP for counseling programs talk a little more about the client as a whole, thats more of a counseling focus than clinical.

A professor generously has given me the opportunity to be part of a presentation he is giving in December.

How do I list this on my CV for applications due Dec. 1?

I have research experience, but no other publications due to circumstances.

Hi all! Best of luck to everyone applying this year! I'm a 4th year student in a university-based, partially-funded clinical psych PsyD program - I came in post-MA and am on internship right now. Feel free to PM if you have any questions! When I applied, I got into 7 programs, all PsyD, all university-based, and some partially funded. If I see the name of my school pop up on here, I'll PM the poster so he/she/you can ask questions about the specific program if he/she/you have any :)

Like pretty muchly everyone else, PM is easier rather than posting individual questions here (unless you have a general question that apply to a lot of people). I'm gearing up to apply to post-docs so PMs are easier to keep up with! Be prepared to go through the application process several times....applying to schools, applying for internship, applying for post-docs, applying for jobs....it's a long road but in my experience it is so worth it!!!

When I finally decided on a program I was sitting at work, but I couldn't tell ANYONE because they didn't know I was hoping to leave. Ahh...the memories!

So on the rec letters... Most of us waive our right to see the letters, so I'm wondering how we know if the letters are actually good? I mean, we ask if the professors can write "good letters" , and they say yes, but do we know that? What makes a letter "good"? Some advice says that the letters are right up there with, and maybe above GRE and GPA, so what does a letter-writer say that could put an applicant over the top?

So on the rec letters... Most of us waive our right to see the letters, so I'm wondering how we know if the letters are actually good? I mean, we ask if the professors can write "good letters" , and they say yes, but do we know that? What makes a letter "good"? Some advice says that the letters are right up there with, and maybe above GRE and GPA, so what does a letter-writer say that could put an applicant over the top?

You may find that your letter writers will give you copies of their letters. All of mine have offered to do so, even thought I've waived my rights to see it. I guess that's a good sign of a good letter! I think you probably want someone who knows you very well, in the right capacity, and thinks you're fantastic.

Honestly, in many instances, there may simply be no way of knowing unless someone at a site to which you apply makes a specific comment (and I definitely wouldn't attempt to elicit one unsolicited). In general, the best you can do is, as you've mentioned, ask the professor if he/she would be comfortable with writing you a positive letter, provide any necessary or useful information to be included, and then hope for the best. While not all letters/letter writers will be stellar, I'd be very, very surprised if a professor would say he/she would write you a positive letter and then ended up doing the opposite.

Hello!
I've read through the PTSD and WAMC forums, but have yet to discover an answer to my questions. I realize it's tremendously late in the game to begin the application process for graduate school. However, I haven't had luck locating an APA certified, non-terminal PhD program with emphasis in combat PTSD as of late.

To shed light on prospective universities who may be searching for someone with my skill sets, I've included a short back- story.
After eight years in the service and three additional years in Iraq, I realized I still had more I could give to the members within the military without joining the service again. While in Iraq, a friend and I began a dance class—not because either of us knew how to swing dance—rather, it was used as a means for allowing both US and Coalition forces the opportunity to relax, let down their guard, and express some of the horrors attributed to war. It worked. Witnessing the gradual change experienced within months inspired me to search for a wider audience. As such, I resigned from a great career to pursue a formal education

1. Does is make a difference in the long run whether the program was clinical or counseling? Would it make a difference when applying to the VA or DoD as long as the program was APA certified?
2. Does anyone know of a mentor who is specializing in combat PTSD who is looking for a non-traditional student who understands the mindset of combat veterans in addition to the politics of the military?

Any type of information, advice, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Hello!
I’ve read through the PTSD and WAMC forums, but have yet to discover an answer to my questions. I realize it’s tremendously late in the game to begin the application process for graduate school. However, I haven’t had luck locating an APA certified, non-terminal PhD program with emphasis in combat PTSD as of late.

To shed light on prospective universities who may be searching for someone with my skill sets, I've included a short back- story.
After eight years in the service and three additional years in Iraq, I realized I still had more I could give to the members within the military without joining the service again. While in Iraq, a friend and I began a dance class—not because either of us knew how to swing dance—rather, it was used as a means for allowing both US and Coalition forces the opportunity to relax, let down their guard, and express some of the horrors attributed to war. It worked. Witnessing the gradual change experienced within months inspired me to search for a wider audience. As such, I resigned from a great career to pursue a formal education

1. Does is make a difference in the long run whether the program was clinical or counseling? Would it make a difference when applying to the VA or DoD as long as the program was APA certified?
2. Does anyone know of a mentor who is specializing in combat PTSD who is looking for a non-traditional student who understands the mindset of combat veterans in addition to the politics of the military?

Any type of information, advice, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

What do you mean, non-terminal PhD? Also, I'd suggest focusing on programs where the POI studies PTSD in general. Another idea is to look for POIs who have grants from the DoD or collaborate with a local VA for studies.

I'd imagine clinical programs would be a better fit if you're interested in the specific disorder, but if counseling programs' more holistic philosophy interests you, you might want to check those out, too.

A professor generously has given me the opportunity to be part of a presentation he is giving in December.

How do I list this on my CV for applications due Dec. 1?

I have research experience, but no other publications due to circumstances.

If you'll be considered an author, list it as you would any presentation and include the date...the date implies it was accepted and will happen.

It's supposed to refer to an in-progress master's degree. Apparently the professor describing it used local jargon.

What does POI stand for? Point of Interest?
Is there a website specific to grant information located on the DoD or VA websites? If not, is there an efficient way to obtain the information?

What exactly do you mean by this? More specifically, what is a "non-terminal PhD program"?

The program I'm referring to is one that offers a master's and PhD wrapped up in one program. The in-progress master's degree is of course preferred.

It would feel like wasted effort if, while pursuing a PhD program, I completed the required credits for a master's degree and *poof* something tragic or life threatening happened and I can no longer continue for the duration of the program. Without an in-progress program, I would walk way with a lot of credits while still lacking a degree.

The program I'm referring to is one that offers a master's and PhD wrapped up in one program. The in-progress master's degree is of course preferred.

It would feel like wasted effort if, while pursuing a PhD program, I completed the required credits for a master's degree and *poof* something tragic or life threatening happened and I can no longer continue for the duration of the program. Without an in-progress program, I would walk way with a lot of credits while still lacking a degree.

There is no PhD program that does not offer a masters degree en-route to the PhD. Sorry for the double negative--in other words, all the PhD programs will issue a masters degree.

The 'terminal' jargon is typically used to identify a masters degree. So, if you attend a PhD program and attain a master's degree along the way, that is not a terminal masters. A terminal degree leads to licensure. Every PhD is terminal. If you want a terminal/licensable masters "just in case," then you may want to consider a PsyD program--but not likely then, either.

P.S.--Do you have a degree in psychology? I get the feeling that you are changing careers and don't have a background in this field (correct me if I'm wrong, though). Perhaps you should start by getting one of those terminal masters degrees and then deciding whether you want a PhD.

There is no PhD program that does not offer a masters degree en-route to the PhD. Sorry for the double negative--in other words, all the PhD programs will issue a masters degree.

This is incorrect. There are programs that require an MA/MS for admittance, and they do not grant an MA/MS during the Ph.D. process.

This is incorrect. There are programs that require an MA/MS for admittance, and they do not grant an MA/MS during the Ph.D. process.

Okay, right. I meant post-baccalaureate programs only, since LivingtheDream was implying that he/she wanted the masters degree.

Hello!
I’ve read through the PTSD and WAMC forums, but have yet to discover an answer to my questions. I realize it’s tremendously late in the game to begin the application process for graduate school. However, I haven’t had luck locating an APA certified, non-terminal PhD program with emphasis in combat PTSD as of late.

I am also interested in studying combat-related PTSD and can PM you some suggestions.