2011-2012 Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My friend and I just tried to call UConn and Denver to find out when all final invites will go out, but no one answered at either program, maybe they're screening calls! :(

Members don't see this ad.

My friend and I just tried to call UConn and Denver to find out when all final invites will go out, but no one answered at either program, maybe they're screening calls! :(

I called UConn this morning too with a question about my transcript - haven't heard back. If you find out about timing for invites for both of these let us know!

Miami of Ohio is listed on grad cafe as call from POI. If you posted that would you mind PMing me your POI?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Southern Methodist University (clinical psych)
phone call from director of graduate studies on 1/11
interview 2/18

Hey! Whomever just posted on U of Utah pre-interview on grad cafe, mind PMing me your POI? Thanks and congrats

Hey! Whomever just posted on U of Utah pre-interview on grad cafe, mind PMing me your POI? Thanks and congrats

please please please me too!

Received an invite to University of Kentucky Counseling Psych via e-mail from Director's assistant. The interview is on Feb 3rd.

Just got an email interview from Fordham Counseling PhD
Interview is 2/3
Email sent from the Founding Director of the Psychological Services Institute

Have all the calls for interview for Drexel and UConn gone out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was hoping since last year's thread showed that Northwestern Feinberg school of med called on both 1/6 and 1/12 that I'd still have a chance, but obsessive me called the school this morning and was told that all of the invites have been sent out :( It was on my top list

*sigh* still waiting for UCLA, UIC, BU, SDSU/UCSD JDP and UF (all for clinical psych PhD)

Congrats to all those who got the lucky call!!
well this sucks :( i applied to the policy track and was hoping that since the people on the forum hadn't mentioned hearing anything that i still might get a call

If you posted about Kent State on grad cafe, can you pretty please PM me your POI?

Thanks!

If you posted about Kent State on grad cafe, can you pretty please PM me your POI?

Thanks!
If you posted about Kent State, will you also please PM me your POI? Thanks so much!

Sorry to be chiming in late. But has anyone heard from Drexel's PhD Program (forensic concentration)?

I would like to know the POI as well from Kent State. Thanks!

Has anyone heard from Heilburn or DeMatteo from Drexel's PhD Program (forensic)?

I got a personalized email from the LSU grad coordinator after she received my application:

"Thank you very much for your interest in our program here at LSU. Your application to the Department of Psychology has been received. The admissions committee will begin reviewing applications for the PhD program after January 15. You will receive an email to inform you of your acceptance or rejection to the program."

This email makes it sound like there isn't an interview for the clinical program, does anyone have any other information?

Anyone heard from Yale Clinical Psychology and Upenn?

I checked the main webpage of Yale that they are going to have an official interview in Jan. 23rd? Therefore, I am thinking that the invitation for the interview should be decided by now.

Upenn also going to start interview from the end of January so I think they should let us know the result pretty soon.

If anyone has been already offered to the interviews in Yale of Upenn please let me know!!!

Thanks! I guess we wait. Seems to be the name of the game. DeMateo has some great research going on, so I hope he starts making some calls!

Same for me on Kent! If you posted the invite please PM me your POI.

Anyone heard from Yale Clinical Psychology and Upenn?

I checked the main webpage of Yale that they are going to have an official interview in Jan. 23rd? Therefore, I am thinking that the invitation for the interview should be decided by now.

Someone on TGC said they called the department and were told all invites have already gone out.

E-mailed my POI at University of Iowa Counseling psych today and she stated that she will be offering interviews this Friday from 2 pm - 4pm. Oddly specific but good to know.

As far as I know from SDN and grad cafe, UPenn hasn't sent out invited for clinical psychology. Someone said a grad cafe member got an invite from UPenn but I can't find it. Anyone know otherwise?

Just got an email invitation to interview at UCCS Clinical Psych on 2/10 from the program assistant! So excited, it's the first invite and now no matter what I don't feel like a complete dork for all that hard work I did! :laugh:

E-mailed my POI at University of Iowa Counseling psych today and she stated that she will be offering interviews this Friday from 2 pm - 4pm. Oddly specific but good to know.

Congrats! Has anyone heard from UI's clinical program?

Hey all! I am new to this forum and I cannot believe what I have been missing! Such invaluable information and it is good to see that there are others out there suffering from grad application-related OCD! :laugh:

I was wondering....could those of you who have received invites from OSU, MiamiU-ohio, U. Utah, and Kent PM me your POIs??? Thanks so much!! Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who have already received invites!!

Hi guys!
I'm a first year clinical student at UCSB (also known as the best school ever...) and just wanted to say good luck to everyone! If anyone is interviewing at UCSB next week and has questions feel free to PM me. Also, I actually didn't get invited to interview until March, long after their interview weekend; I had literally crossed them off my list, so you never know what can happen in this crazy process.

Stay confident and strong, life is a river, not an ocean.
Fingers crossed for you all!

If you've heard from U of Miami-Ohio, ASU, or U of Arkansas could you PM me your POI??
Thank you. Congratulations to all who have gotten responses and interviews thus far:)

I was waiting for someone to mention Iowa for Counseling? Are you saying that she will be sending out emails about invites?? I hope so! I am going to PM you in a sec!

Me three... ooh I wonder which one of us will be called... maybe none, maybe all, maybe I need some sleep before my USC interview... lol
First of all, congratulations on your USC interview invite. I'm so envious of you! I was wondering if you could post (1) when you received the invite, (2) when you submitted the application, (3) if you got the invite via mass email or from POI and (4) if you've applied for clinical psychology, if not, which one you applied for. Thank you so much for your reply in advance and good luck with your interview!

Finding this forum has normalized my otherwise abnormal frantic checking of my e-mail, mail, and excitement of out of state phone calls - only to find out they're telemarketers.

Here is my list

Auburn
SUNY - Binghamton
Case Western Reserve
Florida International University
LSU
Marquette
Ohio University
Penn State
Alabama - Tuscaloosa
Southern Miss
Alabama - Birmingham
UConn
Hawaii at Manoa
Maryland - College Park
Wyoming

No news thus far, but no news at this point is better than rejections I suppose. Best of luck to you all!

Cheers

Hi all!
I'm new to this forum and I can tell this can be both a good and VERY stressful platform. here are the programs I applied to (all for Clinical Psychology PhD)
UCLA
USC
SDSU/UCSD JDP
BOSTON UNIVERSITY
NORTHWESTERN - FEINBERG SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
UNIVERSITY ILLINOIS- CHICAGO
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA

Besides USC, I haven't seen any activity with my other programs yet. No news is good news. For now.

Good luck to all of you! :thumbup:

When you say activity do you mean you were contacted for an interview? Has anyone else heard from USC Clinical Psy PhD?

Has anyone heard anything from Florida State University yet? If you have, could you PM your POI?

Also, I emailed my POI a few days ago and she seemed pretty positive, stating that I was still in the running and that she will be making her decision within a few days. however it's been four days and I still haven't heard anything back. Should I email her again or wait a few days?

Thank you!

Has anyone heard anything from Florida State University yet? If you have, could you PM your POI?

Also, I emailed my POI a few days ago and she seemed pretty positive, stating that I was still in the running and that she will be making her decision within a few days. however it's been four days and I still haven't heard anything back. Should I email her again or wait a few days?

Thank you!
I'd let it sit. Everyone is wanting to know, you aren't gonna get early info from her.