2011-2012 Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, has anyone heard back from Rutgers PsyD? I tried calling, and the voicemail box says to e-mail but no questions about application status during the application process will be answered. Anyone know anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Many thanks to whoever posted the information about SLU's clinical PhD invitations on TGC.

Hi--I also applied to SLU and am anxiously waiting to hear back for interviews; can you please tell me what info you got about it or what TGC is? Thanks!

Hi all,

Interview invite:

University of Hawaii at Manoa
Clinical Studies Program, Ph.D.
2/9/12
informed via individualized email from POI
no specified interview weekend- may choose to interview by phone or arrange to visit in-person.

Note- sounds like they just started reviewing applications. Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
School name: Pacific University
Program type/track: Clinical PsyD
Date received: 02/09
How were you notified: Email
Interview dates offered: 03/02

Anyone heard anything from U Montana for clinical psych program regarding interviews yet?

I got a pre-interview invite today from my POI to talk next week.

My POI informed me that interviews are in March (but didn't specify when exactly).

Good luck!

Interview at University of North Dakota.
Clinical Psych PhD
Personalized email from POI.
Interview Dates: 2/24-2/25

Also received invite email from my POI, was told I would be contacted by program chair with further information, have you received any other info?

I have seen that many people have received rejection letters from Clark, and I know their interviews have already been extended awhile ago...has anyone not received an interview invite or rejection letter?

This delayed rejection stuff is happening with every school for me it seems

Hi--I also applied to SLU and am anxiously waiting to hear back for interviews; can you please tell me what info you got about it or what TGC is? Thanks!
TGC= thegradcafe.com If you go to results search you can see info on interviews, waitlists, and rejections people receive, much like here. Someone there posted that SLU will extend invites on the Feb 17th

University of North Dakota
Clinical Psycholgy PhD
Mass email
Interview 2/24 - 2/25

I was accepted to one of my top choice programs and just withdrew from Auburn's interview weekend. I hope they are able to pass along my spot to one of you!

I was accepted to one of my top choice programs and just withdrew from Auburn's interview weekend. I hope they are able to pass along my spot to one of you!

Congratulations!! That's awesome! Mind to share in/for the acceptance thread? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
School name: Rosalind Franklin University
Program type/track: Clinical PhD
Date received: 2-10-12
How were you notified: snail mail
Interview dates offered: 3-9-12

Saint Johns University (finally!)
Clinical Psychology, PhD
Interview via (what appears to be a mass) email.
Interview dates 3/6 or 3/12, choose morning or afternoon

(Note that I applied to the Child track but the email indicates that its just for the PhD in Clinical Psychology, so I don't know if its a mass email to everyone -- or just child applicants?)

Good luck!

Hi,
Has anyone heard from Rutgers PsyD or is currently in the program? This program is really my top choice, and I'm really anxious about my chances. Does anyone know the student profile of the current students in the program, i.e did current students have lots of research experience before getting accepted? do most in the applicant pool already have masters degrees, etc.?

Called admissions to find out I was denied to the Clinical and School PsyD without interview. 3rd year in a row. :-(

Counseling Psychology, Ph.D.
Ball State University
Mass email invite from program director received Thurs 2/9
Interview Friday, 3/2 from 8am-5pm

I got an invite to St. John's too! I live outside NY, and I'm trying to decide if I can afford to fly there. Is anyone here going to do a phone interview with them? How much of a disadvantage do you think that would put me at?

Heard from St. John's (Ph.D. in clinical psy) today by e-mail from a grad student. Interview on March 6th. Also heard from Hofstra (Psy.D. School-Community) via e-mail from director, interview March 9th.

Hi all,

I received an interview today to University of Nevada Reno's Clinical PhD program. I got a call from my POI. The interview weekend is 3/1 and 3/2 (1 multi-day event).

Hi All,
I called Harvard earlier today for the second time regarding the clinical program. Some POIs have contacted their potential students some have not and they will not disclose who has, but applications are still being reviewed at this point and the coordinator expects all decisions to have been made by the end of Feb. So essentially I got nothin :)

I guess there's no chance that St. John's will give more invites out for the Clinical PhD program. :(

I guess there's no chance that St. John's will give more invites out for the Clinical PhD program. :(

I called them today because of some weird emails that I keep getting from them about incomplete application.. even though it's complete.

The woman who picked up said they are still reviewing and notifying (over the course of weeks), but from the sounds of it on here I think maybe she was lying. Looks like it could either way, but I am going to assume she was incorrect with her time frame, and that if we haven't heard already and don't hear in the next few days it's a no-go.

I got a pre-interview invite today from my POI to talk next week.

My POI informed me that interviews are in March (but didn't specify when exactly).

Good luck!

You wouldn't be able to PM me your POI, would u? I would so appreciate it!! Thanks!

Program: St John's Clinical PhD (child track)
Via: Email from program (appears to be mass email) on 2/10
Interview Date: 3/6 or 3/12; morning or afternoon each day; phone interviews also available

You wouldn't be able to PM me your POI, would u? I would so appreciate it!! Thanks!
Montana grad student here. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think our interview day is Friday 3/9. There is a fair amount of variability in how the individual faculty members handle the interview-invite and admission process, so if you haven't heard anything don't worry. It isn't uncommon for an applicant to get an interview invite 10-14 days prior to the interview day (granted that is usually applicants who are within driving distance- the faculty do try to give as much notice as possible to applicants who would likely fly to the interview). Hang in there. The interview day at Montana is a total blast.

I had written Baylor off but got a message yesterday that they had been trying to reach me and were wondering if I was ignoring them.....!!!! I am freaking out they are my choice and fully funded..but now it's Saturday so I can't reach anyone. Craziness:confused::confused:

They must have had the wrong email?? Gah!

Has anyone heard from University of Denver Child Clinical PhD?

Not sure if anyone else is interested, but I emailed Clark University because I had not gotten an invite nor a rejection letter in the mail yet, and couldn't stand it anymore. They said that decisions were being sent out on a rolling basis as decisions are made, so if you have not received a hard copy in the mail with a negative decision, then your application is still being reviewed and considered for acceptance. Very nice people in admissions there.

It's like that .00000000000028% chance that you still may get an interview if everyone else does terrible at the interview or declines acceptance.

Montana grad student here. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think our interview day is Friday 3/9. There is a fair amount of variability in how the individual faculty members handle the interview-invite and admission process, so if you haven't heard anything don't worry. It isn't uncommon for an applicant to get an interview invite 10-14 days prior to the interview day (granted that is usually applicants who are within driving distance- the faculty do try to give as much notice as possible to applicants who would likely fly to the interview). Hang in there. The interview day at Montana is a total blast.

I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to post this message! Patience is the best strategy at this point...I need to remind myself of that! I've tried not to get my heart set on the montana program...But, it's too late...It's already happened! We'll see how it plays out! I appreciate the info!

Still no word for Pace psyd anyone?

Also,
I found a scholarship online that I want to apply for and it requires 3 letters of recommendation. The recommender has to have known you for over a year, which eliminates all professors that I have had this year. Is it rude to ask the same 3 people that wrote my application recommendations? They already have the base recommendation and would likely just have to change it a bit. What do you think?

Does anyone know if all invites have gone out for Baylor Psyd? Any rejections? thanks

Hi everyone,

So I have an interview at the University of South Carolina this coming Friday for the clinical-community PhD program. In the original email inviting me to the interview (which I received more than 3 weeks ago) I was told that "If you have not already, you will shortly be contacted by your potential USC mentor." However, this has not happened, and originally I listed 3 people as potential POI's in my statement of purpose.

Anyway, I have 3 main questions related to this conundrum:

1) For those of you also attending this interview, have you heard directly from your POI?
2) Have any of you been in this sort of uncertain position before? And if so, how do you best prepare?
3) Does this indicate that I am not really a top choice for the program as no one has gone out of there way to talk to me? (Which is different from the other programs I will be interviewing with.)

Thanks so much! Good luck to everyone with this insane process!:xf:

Has anyone heard from University of Maryland Baltimore County?

I called them today because of some weird emails that I keep getting from them about incomplete application.. even though it's complete.

The woman who picked up said they are still reviewing and notifying (over the course of weeks), but from the sounds of it on here I think maybe she was lying. Looks like it could either way, but I am going to assume she was incorrect with her time frame, and that if we haven't heard already and don't hear in the next few days it's a no-go.

That's interesting...I'm inclined to agree with you that if we haven't heard from them by now, it's a rejection.

the grad cafe. it's a forum where people post if they got invited, rejected, accepted offers from all sorts of grad programs

Can you perhaps provide the url or direct me to where this grad cafe is? I am very new to this site and since no information was posted about SLU from that source, I wanted to look at it to see what was said. Thanks!

If you look up "the grad cafe" on google then you shouldn't have any trouble finding it...go to the results search section of the website and school acceptances, rejections, etc. are listed there!

I have been eagerly waiting to hear back from GWU PsyD and got an email to interview on 2/8/12. Hang in there for those of you that have not heard back!!

I have not.

thanks for your response

A couple of weeks ago someone on this thread said they thought invitations would go out the week of the 6th.. so I was kind of figuring I was out of the game, but maybe they're behind schedule. Good to know!

thanks for your response

A couple of weeks ago someone on this thread said they thought invitations would go out the week of the 6th.. so I was kind of figuring I was out of the game, but maybe they're behind schedule. Good to know!

I don't know...TGC says that someone did receive an invitation from UMBC about a week ago so it is possible we are out of the running...not sure though.

For those emailing their POIs or the coordinators of the program directly asking if they have extended interviews. how are you wording this email without sounding impatient or anxious? I really want to email the coordinator of a program (who is a faculty member) but I'm not sure how to ask ?? Thank you!!!