2011-2012 Texas A&M Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So did anyone else go from "accepted" to "under review" after submitting their campus preferences form? I'm sure that I'm just being paranoid, but it would be good to know that I'm not alone.

I noticed I went from "accepted" to "under review" when I first logged onto BAMF after getting the campus prefs email last Thursday. I called Ms. Watkins-Borths and she said that for accepted students, the BAMF status no longer means anything.

Frustrating because from the applicant's point of view, our status means everything. But ultimately this is good news, and you don't have to worry, jayhawk81.

Members don't see this ad.

I noticed I went from "accepted" to "under review" when I first logged onto BAMF after getting the campus prefs email last Thursday. I called Ms. Watkins-Borths and she said that for accepted students, the BAMF status no longer means anything.

Frustrating because from the applicant's point of view, our status means everything. But ultimately this is good news, and you don't have to worry, jayhawk81.

same with me,I got a pre match and now a match and at no point did my status say accepted. It was always and still is under review

Congratulations to all who matched! I too matched on Feb. 1st @ 8:00 AM :D! Now I just have to submit my Campus Preference Form and get the ball rolling from there! Looking forward to meeting everyone this summer.

-Clint

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't received the acceptance packet in the mail yet. Is anybody still waiting for the packet to arrive?

same here:thumbup::thumbup:

Anyone have a clue how long the alternate list is? (based on past years?)...also, any way to find out where you are on the list?...I'm guessing they don't release that, but figured I ask

Also, I'm guessing since the deadline for turning in alternate list acceptance is Feb. 15th, people won't start being accepted off the list until after then?

I am on the alternate list. I found a much older posting in 2004... I believe. It said there were over a 100 people on the waitlist back then. Im inclined to think that it hasn't gotten any better in 7 years. Here is the link..
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=104335
I called and asked Mrs. Watkins. She said she cannot tell me the size of the alternate list or how it is ranked.

I am on the alternate list. I found a much older posting in 2004... I believe. It said there were over a 100 people on the waitlist back then. Im inclined to think that it hasn't gotten any better in 7 years. Here is the link..
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=104335
I called and asked Mrs. Watkins. She said she cannot tell me the size of the alternate list or how it is ranked.

Ya I recently called and got the same thing. Also, from what I was told...they probably won't get all the paperwork into the system until after Feb 15th. If I had to guess, people won't potentially start coming of wait list until sometime next week (that's at the earliest)...they've got until June 1st so they might take their time.

Hi everyone! Accepted off the alternate list! I received the call from Filo Maldonado yesterday. Just thought I would share the wonderful news with y'all.

Congrats! Join the facebook page when you have time. It has a lot of good info. Do you get accepted in time to turn in your campus preferences?

Hi everyone! Accepted off the alternate list! I received the call from Filo Maldonado yesterday. Just thought I would share the wonderful news with y'all.

Congrats! I'm guessing you're one of the first people off the alternate list! Did Filo happen to mention anything regarding how many other people have been pulled from the list so far or any other interesting info?

Congratulations! Did you apply to the MD/phD program or just the MD?

Thanks guys! Sent in a request to join the fb group! Yes, I did get accepted in time to turn in the campus preference list. The deadline for that is Feb 29th. I applied to just the MD. Anyone thinking of doing the MD/MPH program?

Sorry, Filo didn't mention anything about the size of the alternate pool or how many people have been pulled from it already! I was preparing myself for a long wait, I though alternate lists started moving around May; I am so glad to be wrong!

Has anyone here received any scholarships from them?

Anyone else getting annoying rejection emails from the other Texas schools? Lol...don't they know a&m was my #1?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi can anyone tell me what statistics A&M accepts to satisfy their statistics requirement? Will they take Elementary Statistical Methods from UT (M 316)?

Hi can anyone tell me what statistics A&M accepts to satisfy their statistics requirement? Will they take Elementary Statistical Methods from UT (M 316)?

Hey Farzan,

I also had questions regarding this and I wrote Filo last year. I was in a different situation where I had already received my Bachelor's degree and have been using my Calculus I and II credit for the math preq until they changed that this year :(. So, I had to find an intro statistics course to take. Filo informed me that they accept even an intro course from a community college or an online program:thumbup:. BE SURE that your class was actually MATH statistics, and not business or psyc stats, since they clearly say they accept only MATH statistics taught in the math department.

Fortunately, I found a local community college course to complete this spring 2012 semester:thumbup:. My course covers: statistical measure of center and variance, probability, discrete probability distribution, normal probability distribution, estimates and sample size, hypothesis testing, inference from two samples, correlation and regression, and Chi-squared and analysis of variance.

If you are worried about your specific course, you could always email the course description to Filo and get his feedback on the matter. I would do this ASAP, just in case they do not accept it, then you need to find a course ASAP, since the matriculation date is drawing closer and closer.

Hoped this helped!:)

Hi Farzan,

I was in a similar position as you. I am currently taking Elementary Stats at ACC. I had to email admissions to get it approved. They initially told me that anything with "Elementary" in it would not work, but Filo approved it. The caveat is that I also had taken Econ Stats and Business Stats while at UT, so he might have approved it based on me having those courses as well. I would email them and ask politely. I'm sure they will be okay with you taking the ACC course (or UT course), but ACC is much cheaper :). Good luck!

Any more movement off the alternate list lately?! I'm hoping so.... that would mean my name is getting closer to being pulled off as well. Reeeeeally praying I get a call from Filo soon :(

Any more movement off the alternate list lately?! I'm hoping so.... that would mean my name is getting closer to being pulled off as well. Reeeeeally praying I get a call from Filo soon :(

+1, has anyone here been accepted off the waitlist since QAnn1988?

On the official fb page for the TAMHSC COM Class of 2016, 4 people posted that they got in off the waitlist (3 of the 4 said they received Temple all 4 years, the other did not say what track she received) as of last week. Just wanted to update anyone wondering about waitlist movement here.

Question, do they invite everybody who was not accepted through the pre-match/match to be put the waitlist or is that invitation sent only to a select number of people?

Two people I know who interviewed at TAMHSC COM were not invited to be on the alternate list.

Thank you for the update Papa J.

I got an email from TAMHSC last friday offering me a spot!!! Just thought I'd share the good news with y'all!

Withdrew my acceptance yesterday, hopefully it goes to one of you! Best of luck to everyone.

Withdrew my acceptance yesterday, hopefully it goes to one of you! Best of luck to everyone.

Thank you Papa J! I got a phone call from Filo yesterday morning. Texas A&M COM Class of 2016! :soexcited:

Sorry to spam this thread, but I'm in a bit of a time crunch. Any Aggies here? I'm a former student applying, and I need some info on what to input on AMCAS for the committee letter packet thing so I can get the letter of evaluation request form. OPSA said they could mail me the instructions, but that I need the info by Saturday at the latest. If you could hook me up with the info, or know a current applicant that hook me up with the info, it would be much appreciated.

Just shoot me a private message or something if you don't want to post here. Thanks.

Edit: nevermind, I got it

Last edited:
Hey guys great to meet some of you at the M1 welcome meeting last Friday. First off I wanted to say hopefully we all have an awesome first year and class of 2016 will be the best yet!.

The second thing I wanted to ask was if anyone has any insights to the benefits/disadvantages of each campus? I'm having second thoughts about mine now and I'm trying to gather people's views.

hey all...I just wanted to know why someone would pick A&M over UTHSCSA...i don't mean anything by it but i'm just curious

Hey all,

Just accepted off waitlist this past Wednesday, email from admissions. I'm really excited to join the class of 2016.

This may better be asked to the FB group, but I haven't been let in yet soo...I'm in a bit of a situation. I'm out of the country until July 9th and will be moving from Boston. Two things: 1) when does orientation begin and 2) what are some apartments to consider?

Thanks

Hey all,

Just accepted off waitlist this past Wednesday, email from admissions. I'm really excited to join the class of 2016.

This may better be asked to the FB group, but I haven't been let in yet soo...I'm in a bit of a situation. I'm out of the country until July 9th and will be moving from Boston. Two things: 1) when does orientation begin and 2) what are some apartments to consider?

Thanks

Hey!

Congratulations TAMHSC COM is an awesome school!

1) Orientation begins July 23rd and although it's scheduled for all week, the school is hoping to have it all done by wednesday.

2) Which campus have you been assigned? Message me your email and I'll forward on the recommended accommodations.

Hopefully, FB will get you in soon and you can see more info about well, everything!

Congrats again!

Hi everyone, congrats on your acceptance! I am looking for a female roommate in a brand new 3 bed/3 bath house at Fannin Station. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested!

Status
Not open for further replies.