2022-2023 Texas Tech Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Somebody just got one on Tuesday, so there is still a small chance. I'm sure things are winding down though. The post-interview survey contains a list of all of the interview dates that are available, but I don't have that survey to be able to know when those dates are. Can anybody provide that info?
yes please! if anyone has this info, are they willing to disclose?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
yes please! if anyone has this info, are they willing to disclose?
When I received the interview invite last Tuesday, the only date I could select to interview was 1/27... This might be the last day for realsies.

Members don't see this ad :)
This may have been answered already, but is TTU super match day heavy with acceptances? Trying not to lose my cool with no pre-match offer, lol! 😊

This may have been answered already, but is TTU super match day heavy with acceptances? Trying not to lose my cool with no pre-match offer, lol! 😊
Same!! I think we’re locked in waiting at this point best of luck to you :))

• Care
Last year, there were at least 50 pre-match offers, bit the majority of accepted students got in through the match.

Reactions: 2 users
Just withdrew my pre-match offer, hope one of yall can benefit from it! Good luck!!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew my pre-match offer, hope one of yall can benefit from it! Good luck!!
4D886E15-9019-4397-B57A-B3620839C0E9.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Any exchanges involving the cowboys might need to wait until after the 49ers game. We need all the help we can get for that game, and we need to be careful not to do anything to jeopardize the playoffs 😂.

That being said… I, a die hard cowboys fan, will happily trade all my cowboys memorabilia right now for a prematch to Tech.

• Haha
Do y'all think there will be anymore pre-matches here before the match?

Reactions: 1 users
Do y'all think there will be anymore pre-matches here before the match?
If the past several years of threads are any indication, there will likely not be any more pre-matches. I can't see anyone receiving a pre-match this late in the previous year's thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received links to the class's Facebook Group and/or Discord? I'm not sure if they've been sent out yet, but last year's went out in mid-December.

Has anyone received links to the class's Facebook Group and/or Discord? I'm not sure if they've been sent out yet, but last year's went out in mid-December.
I haven't, I was literally about to ask this question lol

Hopefully that means we will get the last batch of pre-matches this week
I would hope so! But trying not to get high expectations. Thinking we’ll be waiting for match day. Hopefully we both get good news soon!

Hey guys, I was curious how many of you that interviewed OOS received acceptances, when you received them, and if you guys thought that there's still a chance for out of state students. Thank yall so much! :)

Hey guys, I was curious how many of you that interviewed OOS received acceptances, when you received them, and if you guys thought that there's still a chance for out of state students. Thank yall so much! :)
I wonder about this too. Do most OOS applicants hear back around March?

IS Accepted! Interviewed last Friday 1/20. Email sent at 4:14 CST

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
There's absolutely still a chance for out of state students. The vast majority that I have seen in previous years threads came after March and into early April. A surprising amount of out-of-state students get accepted off of the waitlist.

Some out of state students get accepted as early as October 15th. None get accepted before that because you cannot apply early decision as an out of state student.

If you're an in-state interviewee here, make sure you submit your rank lists by 5 PM CST on February 17th.

Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for reminding me, do we get a confirmation email when we submit it?
No, you just save the list on the TMDSAS portal.
Take a screenshot for your own records before you submit, because after the deadline your list will vanish from the portal and a lot of people don’t expect that to happen and then worry.

No, you just save the list on the TMDSAS portal.
Take a screenshot for your own records before you submit, because after the deadline your list will vanish from the portal and a lot of people don’t expect that to happen and then worry.
If I have submitted it correctly, it means that it is ranked the way I want in the portal and when I go back it’s still saved that way? Then I’m good and don’t have to do anything else?

If I have submitted it correctly, it means that it is ranked the way I want in the portal and when I go back it’s still saved that way? Then I’m good and don’t have to do anything else?
You got it!

@wysdoc are pre-matches done already, or are they due by the end of today?

If someone applies to a program like FMAT, can they still get accepted into the MD program if they get rejected from FMAT🫢

I don't think it works that way. I applied to the FMAT and during my interview day they told me you have to get accepted outright before you can proceed to the FMAT route (and at that point, almost all FMAT applications are approved). But you have to get accepted to the SOM first. You can also join the FMAT as late as early MS2 and can leave at almost anytime, although this is discouraged.
Mostly correct except for the part about joining FMAT during MS2. You can apply during MS1 and I believe the application due date is in February. The FMAT program begins the week after MS1 ends and if you don't participate in the summer program you won't have completed enough hours required to graduate in 3 years.

Mostly correct except for the part about joining FMAT during MS2. You can apply during MS1 and I believe the application due date is in February. The FMAT program begins the week after MS1 ends and if you don't participate in the summer program you won't have completed enough hours required to graduate in 3 years.
Thank y’all! I really appreciate it!

One of my friends got a MD/PhD acceptance to TTU yesterday

my buddy got a prematch to sam houston yesterday also. I think they extended the prematch period

• Hmm
Any current TTU student insight, either personal or perhaps knowing the med school acceptance pathway of a fellow student, on match day acceptances for late interviews? Interviewed 1/27 (the last day, I believe) and love the school but everything leading up to now has pointed towards later interviews having a tougher in and want to know if that is/isn't the case for TTUHSC

Any current TTU student insight, either personal or perhaps knowing the med school acceptance pathway of a fellow student, on match day acceptances for late interviews? Interviewed 1/27 (the last day, I believe) and love the school but everything leading up to now has pointed towards later interviews having a tougher in and want to know if that is/isn't the case for TTUHSC
Not a current student, but an applicant. I saw your post on the Republic of Texas page and can tell you are stressed. Let me try to put you at ease. Here’s my thoughts.

TMDSAS schools rank all applicants for Match day. They do this throughout the interview cycle and rankings may shift based on where later interviewees compare to the earlier interviewees. They could have ranked you higher than earlier applicant, but there will be no way to determine that. Your interview date will have less to do with admission than the rest of your application and the actual interview. If they took the time to interview, they saw something that stood out that qualified you as a potential student in their program. I believe only about 20% of all applicants to TTU Lubbock even get an interview so congrats on that!

Likely many of the pre match holders for TMDSAS schools will choose attend programs elsewhere, thus, opening many spots come match day. Wysdoc has a good post on pre match data that shows that most people do not receive a pre match.

Worrying about it anything right now will not change the outcome. At this point it is out of our control, all we can do in rank our schools and hope for the best. All of us are extremely stressed, especially those of us who do not have a guarantee in the form of a pre match. Luckily there is only about two more weeks to wait for results. Take a break for the next few weeks, go on vacation, hang out with friends, do anything to take your mind off of thinking and overthinking it!

*** AND MOST OF ALL BE SURE TO SUBMIT RANKINGS EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAVE A SINGLE SCHOOL TO RANK!!!!!!!!! ***

Best of luck to you this coming match day! I hope to hear great news from you!

Reactions: 6 users
Not a current student, but an applicant. I saw your post on the Republic of Texas page and can tell you are stressed. Let me try to put you at ease. Here’s my thoughts.

TMDSAS schools rank all applicants for Match day. They do this throughout the interview cycle and rankings may shift based on where later interviewees compare to the earlier interviewees. They could have ranked you higher than earlier applicant, but there will be no way to determine that. Your interview date will have less to do with admission than the rest of your application and the actual interview. If they took the time to interview, they saw something that stood out that qualified you as a potential student in their program. I believe only about 20% of all applicants to TTU Lubbock even get an interview so congrats on that!

Likely many of the pre match holders for TMDSAS schools will choose attend programs elsewhere, thus, opening many spots come match day. Wysdoc has a good post on pre match data that shows that most people do not receive a pre match.

Worrying about it anything right now will not change the outcome. At this point it is out of our control, all we can do in rank our schools and hope for the best. All of us are extremely stressed, especially those of us who do not have a guarantee in the form of a pre match. Luckily there is only about two more weeks to wait for results. Take a break for the next few weeks, go on vacation, hang out with friends, do anything to take your mind off of thinking and overthinking it!

*** AND MOST OF ALL BE SURE TO SUBMIT RANKINGS EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAVE A SINGLE SCHOOL TO RANK!!!!!!!!! ***

Best of luck to you this coming match day! I hope to hear great news from you!

Yep, the stress is definitely getting to me haha. Here's to the longest 2 weeks ever, hoping for the best for all of us!

I do want to confirm that 20% statistic because I spoke directly with admissions about it. Approx 5000-7000 students apply, between 850-950 get interviewed, and then 180 matriculants for TTUHSC Lubbock as that is their class size.

Finally decided to make an account after months of lurking. Submitted late May, update sent early December, II 3 days later, Interview 2 days later. OOS, LM 75. Hoping to get some good news from here soon! #GunsUp #Wreck'Em #MahomesForPresident