2022-2023 Texas Tech Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If I matched to another school but really want to go here, can I still get on off the waitlists? Am i understanding this correctly?

Members don't see this ad.

If I matched to another school but really want to go here, can I still get on off the waitlists? Am i understanding this correctly?
If you ranked Lubbock above the school you matched to, and TT adds you to their waitlist. If you get an email asking if you want to be on their WL, tell them yes.

Reactions: 1 users
No! Watch out for a WL email in a few weeks from TTU Lubbock or any other school you may have interviewed at. They're selective about their alternate pool here so if you're in it you'll be notified in a few weeks
Ah, does this apply to every TMDSAS school where it takes some time to get a waitlist email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah, does this apply to every TMDSAS school where it takes some time to get a waitlist email?
Each school is a little different. I believe some add all interviewees that didn’t match to the waitlist, but A&M and TTU Lubbock have a shorter, selective waitlist. So the time may vary for how long it takes to generate an alternate list email. I know TTU’s will take a few weeks because I called admissions about it earlier this week.

Hey all! Congratulations to those who matched! I am a part of the class above you as well as the leadership team and we should be sending out emails soon to your class with the facebook group and discord group, be on the look out!

Reactions: 5 users
Reactions: 1 user
I knew people last year who were unfortunate enough to receive rejections before people were told they are on waitlist. The waitlist is limited at Texas Tech and so not everyone makes it.

Congratulations @Sonarka. Did you rank them higher? I wasn't sure if you wanted to go to UH.

@prgmed Amazing to see 1 interview with one match!
Still feels unbelievable to me 😅😅. I interviewed on the last day they offered — so much stress built up that’s gone now!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Something to note in case anyone is a dual degree applicant that matched like me and didn't know the timeline for selection: admissions said they will go through their list of applicants (approx 200 for MD/MPH) for all dual degrees and make their selections in a few weeks. I was told there would be a finite number of selections (wasn't told how many). Thinking it'll be by the end of this month or early next month at the latest because the summer classes begin in May

Last edited:
has tech reached out to any students regarding scholarships? I got an email to submit an application but thats about it.

has tech reached out to any students regarding scholarships? I got an email to submit an application but thats about it.
Thank you for reminding me, I still have to submit that

Members don't see this ad :)
I recieved a scholarship when I prematched in October, and I still needed to submit the scholarship form after match day.

I recieved a scholarship when I prematched in October, and I still needed to submit the scholarship form after match day.
Out of curiosity, how much money did you receive?

OOS waitlist I'm so excited!!! Tech is my #1 choice for school. And just to clarify, does Tech allow biochem to replace a semester of orgo or are 2 separate semesters of orgo in addition to biochem required?

OOS waitlist I'm so excited!!! Tech is my #1 choice for school. And just to clarify, does Tech allow biochem to replace a semester of orgo or are 2 separate semesters of orgo in addition to biochem required?
2 semesters of orgo + bio chem

Just got an alternate list email. I wonder how long they will be pulling off the waitlist. I assume up until first year begins?

Just got an alternate list email. I wonder how long they will be pulling off the waitlist. I assume up until first year begins?
From previous years the last reported waitlist movement happened in June but maybe it goes until August and some people just don’t report 😭

The class is solidified 3 weeks before the start of orientation since the rules state that one has to commit to enroll 3 weeks before orientation date per AMCAS (MD schools only).

If admitted people dont commit to enroll by then their seat becomes open for the school to admit someone else.

Reactions: 2 users
I received a call from the admissions office this past Friday asking if I was still interested in Tech (I was put on the WL). Not sure if every WL member receives this call but just letting y'all know sounds like they might be gearing up for some WL movement.

I received a call from the admissions office this past Friday asking if I was still interested in Tech (I was put on the WL). Not sure if every WL member receives this call but just letting y'all know sounds like they might be gearing up for some WL movement.
You withdrew from UNT and sounds like you said no to Tech. If we may ask, where are you headed?

Got called a couple of times a few weeks ago, I figured it was because the waitlist was starting to move. Got my acceptance last Thursday and will be attending.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Got called a couple of times a few weeks ago, I figured it was because the waitlist was starting to move. Got my acceptance last Thursday and will be attending.
Were you notified by email or phone call about the acceptance? Also have you heard of anyone else getting accepted off the waitlist in the upcoming class?

Were you notified by email or phone call about the acceptance? Also have you heard of anyone else getting accepted off the waitlist in the upcoming class?
Email, and no I have not, unfortunately ): I feel as though there will probably be some more movement this month though, don't lose hope!!

Has anyone gotten in through the EDP program at Texas Tech? Is there a minimum MCAT?

Has anyone gotten in through the EDP program at Texas Tech? Is there a minimum MCAT?
There is not an explicit cutoff MCAT score, but it does need to be high enough to be competitive. I would only apply if you were around 510 or higher. The emphasis below is mine, but it does show that you need to be a great applicant already. EDP is not an easy way in.

"It should be emphasized that only applicants with an excellent chance of admission should apply through one of the EDP's since only a small portion of the first-year class is admitted through this program. Applicants must be a Texas resident and will be given preference based on the competitiveness of their GPA and MCAT score."

Got the "do you want to stay on the waitlist?" call today. maybe some movement coming our way!

Reactions: 4 users
Can anybody provide insight on what factors I should consider when choosing a clinical campus (besides proximity)?
I would rather stay in Lubbock, but not sure how to choose between HSC, Covenant, Amarillo, and Midland. I don't meet any criteria for priority consideration, but I wonder how I should rank my locations for the lottery. Thank you!

Can anybody provide insight on what factors I should consider when choosing a clinical campus (besides proximity)?
I would rather stay in Lubbock, but not sure how to choose between HSC, Covenant, Amarillo, and Midland. I don't meet any criteria for priority consideration, but I wonder how I should rank my locations for the lottery. Thank you!
There are benefits to each, PB comes with a stipend to account for an increased cost of living in Midland/Odessa. However, from what my friends who are moving there for clinicals this year have told me, the rent is pretty comparable to what they were paying in Lubbock so the stipend is pretty much a scholarship for them. In terms of ranking the two Lubbock campuses, I'd personally rank Covenant over HSC just because there are fewer residents (Non in Surgery, IM, or OB/GYN) so you have more time with attendings, especially in the OR.

There are benefits to each, PB comes with a stipend to account for an increased cost of living in Midland/Odessa. However, from what my friends who are moving there for clinicals this year have told me, the rent is pretty comparable to what they were paying in Lubbock so the stipend is pretty much a scholarship for them. In terms of ranking the two Lubbock campuses, I'd personally rank Covenant over HSC just because there are fewer residents (Non in Surgery, IM, or OB/GYN) so you have more time with attendings, especially in the OR.
Thank you so much!! This is super helpful.

Has anyone heard anything about any WL movement recently? Hopefully news this upcoming week.

congrats!!! did you receive one of those calls about wanting to stay on the WL before your acceptance or were you not contacted prior?
Yes I received a call a few days before where they just asked a few questions!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users