2011-2012 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that the first decisons will come out on Monday.... :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

They told us on interview day that they will call you on the 17th if you get in.

I had the opportunity to speak to Ed recently, and he stated that calls would begin on the 17th as well.

Good luck to everyone that is awaiting a call tomorrow! I hope we all get that call! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhh IronClad what school were you accepted to?? :thumbup:

Ahhhh IronClad what school were you accepted to?? :thumbup:

Hey Entadus! Sorry for the misleading signature! I got my acceptance call from the Ohio State University yesterday! I just updated my signature now! :D

I'll definitely update you guys on here if I hear anything from UCD! :)

Hey Entadus! Sorry for the misleading signature! I got my acceptance call from the Ohio State University yesterday! I just updated my signature now! :D

I'll definitely update you guys on here if I hear anything from UCD! :)

Phew, and congrats! That's very good news :)

Story of my day.

(stares at phone... imagines it ringing... stomach turns because it is not really ringing... is the ringer on... yes... vibrate... yes.. am I sure... quintillionth check.. yes it is. hmmmm... Every email chime... .shudders ... whew... not a waitlist or rejection... no news is good news right? Is it ok to drink before I go to work? No. Hmmm well I guess I will have to settle for some chocolate milk... prays... wonders if prayers work.... we will see... soon maybe? They said the 17th... dang I just want to chill out... Maximum chill level set to over 9000... ENGAGE!)

ok Im done

:D:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Last edited:
I feel your anxiety man. Every phone call fills me up with hope, and every email makes me super nervous.

No word yet...

1. Stare a hole into my cell phone since morning.
2. 5 minutes ago, realize that my AMCAS contact info lists my home phone, not cell phone.
3a. Within 10 seconds, get a call from my home phone...
3b. ... which is my mom asking me about travel logistics for an unrelated interview in several weeks.
4. :uhno: Will go meditate on my bed for a few hours/days/weeks/months.

EDIT: 5. Within 10 seconds of posting, got an email with Subject "Award Letter", ambiguous acronym under Sender. Click. Just my school's financial aid office, casually reminding me of their generosity.

Congrats in advance to those who hear today!

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I just got the call from Dean Henderson! :love:

I'm so incredibly excited. He mentioned that we'll have the opportunity to visit on our own time to meet with UCD physicians and revisit the school! I'm going to get my family together and visit ASAP! :D:D:D

I would venture a guess and say that calls have just started! To everyone that's still waiting, hang tight. Your number might be next on Dr. Henderson's list! :luck:

May 15 is going to be a difficult day... ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!

I just got the call from Dean Henderson! :love:

I'm so incredibly excited. He mentioned that we'll have the opportunity to visit on our own time to meet with UCD physicians and revisit the school! I'm going to get my family together and visit ASAP! :D:D:D

I would venture a guess and say that calls have just started! To everyone that's still waiting, hang tight. Your number might be next on Dr. Henderson's list! :luck:

May 15 is going to be a difficult day... ;)

Congrats!!! :thumbup:

It's very difficult to concentrate on my homework :laugh:

Congrats!!! :thumbup:

It's very difficult to concentrate on my homework :laugh:

Thanks!

Haha, I feel you buddy!

I was grading exams when I got the call. I think in all fairness, I should wait for my excitement to dissipate(if that's even possible...) before I resume grading. :laugh:

Good luck, my friend! I've got my fingers crossed for you! :luck:

I wasn't able to pick up the phone cause I was at a meeting so Dean Henderson left me a message. I have to keep listening to the message to make sure it's real @_@ Have people received email acceptances yet? (I feel like it'll lessen my desire to check my message every 10 min)

To those still hanging in there, I'm rooting for you! The people I met at my interview were all super nice so I'd be excited and happy if every one of them got in :]

I wasn't able to pick up the phone cause I was at a meeting so Dean Henderson left me a message. I have to keep listening to the message to make sure it's real @_@ Have people received email acceptances yet? (I feel like it'll lessen my desire to check my message every 10 min)

To those still hanging in there, I'm rooting for you! The people I met at my interview were all super nice so I'd be excited and happy if every one of them got in :]

During my phone call with Dr. Henderson, he stated that emails with information regarding visiting the campus would arrive within a day or so. He said that official acceptance packages would arrive via snail mail soon. :D

frutiaspice, I feel exactly the same was as you regarding my interview group. Everyone was really open and friendly! I hope all of you receive calls ASAP! :luck:

During my phone call with Dr. Henderson, he stated that emails with information regarding visiting the campus would arrive within a day or so. He said that official acceptance packages would arrive via snail mail soon. :D

frutiaspice, I feel exactly the same was as you regarding my interview group. Everyone was really open and friendly! I hope all of you receive calls ASAP! :luck:
Thanks for the information!

No news = good news? :confused: I'm ready to be put out of my misery.... :sleep:

Maybe I'll get a stealth (late night) wait list email. :smuggrin:

O Dr. Henderson.... :xf:

I'm hoping no news is not bad news, but I think it may be... Here's hoping for waitlist!

On a more positive note, congrats to you two who got in!

Last edited:
I'm hoping no news is not bad news, but I think it may be... Here's hoping for waitlist!

+1 Good luck :luck:

EDIT:

Congratulations!!! Thank you for the update today

To those of you that are checking to see if davis accepted more than 2 people today... Get a night cap and get some sleep... and don't forget to charge your phone :) . Report back here tomorrow ... copy that ? uhhh

and Congrats and thanks for the updates to those who got the call!

Last edited:
No news = good news? :confused: I'm ready to be put out of my misery.... :sleep:

Maybe I'll get a stealth (late night) wait list email. :smuggrin:

O Dr. Henderson.... :xf:

I think the no news = good news stance is not a bad one to take! I've seen instances at other schools, in previous years' threads, where students didn't receive a call from the school yet found out that they were accepted via status update. In other words, you're not out until they say you're out!

I've got my fingers crossed for you, my friend! :xf:

On a more positive note, congrats to you two who got in!

Thank you! It's very exciting! As I said to Entadus above, just hang in there. UCD has pretty low numbers for initial acceptances but has awesome waitlist movement. Again, you're not out until they say so! I'll be rooting for you! :luck:

To those of you that are checking to see if davis accepted more than 2 people today... Get a night cap and get some sleep... and don't forget to charge your phone :) . Report back here tomorrow ... copy that ? uhhh

and Congrats and thanks for the updates to those who got the call!

Thank you for the congratulations! You're very welcome for the updates. We all know how it feels to be in the dark!

I wish you the best of luck. Hope you join our lonely corner! :luck:

Was today a quiet day? I interviewed on 9/9 and am SO READY for that phone call!

anybody who interviewed 9/30 got anything yet? or is this too early for that patch yet? @@

Hi everyone!

It's my first time posting, but I know you all like to be updated. I interviewed on 9/9 and received the acceptance call from Dr. Henderson around 3 pm...totally cried at work for a full 20 minutes haha. I'm an in-state applicant. I wish you all the very best!!!

anybody who interviewed 9/30 got anything yet? or is this too early for that patch yet? @@

I interviewed 9/30 and got the call yesterday. It doesn't seem like they're doing the calls in chronological order. Still no email notification though.

Wow, ACCEPTED!!! Got the call from Dr. Henderson on a train into New York.. interviewed 8/26. Davis was my first interview and now my first acceptance! Good luck to everyone - I'm so lucky to be where I am, and I hope that you'll join me soon! :luck:

I interviewed 9/30 and got the call yesterday. It doesn't seem like they're doing the calls in chronological order. Still no email notification though.
congrats!!!! ok i guess i will just continue to wait :)

Congrats sharpie and L10982! Welcome to the club! :D

Just to add my data to the mix, I interviewed on August 19th(first day possible). This was my first interview as well! I have not yet received any emails, status updates, or acceptance packages.

To everyone that is still waiting, just hang in there! We're all rooting for you! :luck:

Congrats sharpie and L10982! Welcome to the club! :D

Just to add my data to the mix, I interviewed on August 19th(first day possible). This was my first interview as well! I have not yet received any emails, status updates, or acceptance packages.

To everyone that is still waiting, just hang in there! We're all rooting for you! :luck:

CONGRATS TO ALL ACCEPTED :)
So nervous reading about everyone's acceptance calls. I'm still waiting for an II and Davis is my number one choice :oops: How long is the wait after submission of secondary?

I just flew in from another interview and heard Dr. Henderson's message. I'm in complete awe right now. His message was SO nice too, I felt like he was smiling through the whole thing :)

In case this helps anyone: I had called in earlier today and they that said there's no particular order in which they're making the calls and that it might take them a while, so hang in there!!

I just flew in from another interview and heard Dr. Henderson's message. I'm in complete awe right now. His message was SO nice too, I felt like he was smiling through the whole thing :)

In case this helps anyone: I had called in earlier today and they that said there's no particular order in which they're making the calls and that it might take them a while, so hang in there!!

Good news, congratulations! :)

That's interesting that it is taking a while to make the calls. I wish they could take everyone who continues to show interest. :love: Good luck to everyone still waiting :luck:

CONGRATS TO ALL ACCEPTED :)
So nervous reading about everyone's acceptance calls. I'm still waiting for an II and Davis is my number one choice :oops: How long is the wait after submission of secondary?

I submitted on 8/6 and got an II 8/14 so they had a REAALLY quick turnaround time for me.

Me too. I submitted 6/21 and received my II 7/3-ish and submitted it 7/6-ish and then was invited for an interview 8/1. Interviewed 9/2, waited hopefully till ... uhhh now. My scores are definitely nothing special 11p,11b 8v,R...3.3 cum undergrad with a 4.0 post-bacc year from CSU East Bay.... but I am a 26 year old that has done some wierd stuff living abroad, college in canada, worked as a teacher in korea and ecuador, south africa and california... and I have been married for 4 years and want to have kids and live in norcal till my heart stops beating... and I am pretty sure that even if I get in somewhere else I might just wait a year and apply again to davis so my wife can continue her speech pathology degree up here in norcal. Decisions decisions.... Dr Henderson could just work all these details out for me :) just dial the number... I will love you forever Dr. Henderson!

Hang tight everyone... If you want this bad enough it will happen when the time is right... or something like that :D ... :xf:

Me too. I submitted 6/21 and received my II 7/3-ish and submitted it 7/6-ish and then was invited for an interview 8/1. Interviewed 9/2, waited hopefully till ... uhhh now. My scores are definitely nothing special 11p,11b 8v,R...3.3 cum undergrad with a 4.0 post-bacc year from CSU East Bay.... but I am a 26 year old that has done some wierd stuff living abroad, college in canada, worked as a teacher in korea and ecuador, south africa and california... and I have been married for 4 years and want to have kids and live in norcal till my heart stops beating... and I am pretty sure that even if I get in somewhere else I might just wait a year and apply again to davis so my wife can continue her speech pathology degree up here in norcal. Decisions decisions.... Dr Henderson could just work all these details out for me :) just dial the number... I will love you forever Dr. Henderson!

Hang tight everyone... If you want this bad enough it will happen when the time is right... or something like that :D ... :xf:

Wow! You've definitely got a lot of interesting things going for you! :)

I'll be rooting for you! I hope Dr. Henderson calls you soon! :luck:

i don't interview until 12/9. all of these acceptances are making me nervous. i am scared i applied too late! anyone else in the same boat :(

i don't interview until 12/9. all of these acceptances are making me nervous. i am scared i applied too late! anyone else in the same boat :(

+1 I was nervous until I found out that there is only one interview date in both Nov and Dec (60 students at each date)....not the typical every 2 weeks :) so I assume that helps our chances given the low denominator ( well it makes sense to me haha)

Overall, no need to worry I heard its a very competitive process to get a secondary and of course II SO LET'S JUST ROCK OUR INTERVIEW!

If you do not mind sharing, When is the interview date in November? Thanks.

If you do not mind sharing, When is the interview date in November? Thanks.

I think it's the week before Thanksgiving... I'm sure someone else can chime in...(try looking at earlier posts)

Got out of lab and found Dr. Henderson's message on my phone! Very excited right now (finally some love from my home state!), and yes, he definitely does sound pretty happy over the phone. :love::love::love:

Anyway, I was there on 9/9, so it sounds like they really are just making the calls in random order, so keep your hopes up everyone! :luck:

Got out of lab and found Dr. Henderson's message on my phone! Very excited right now (finally some love from my home state!), and yes, he definitely does sound pretty happy over the phone. :love::love::love:

Anyway, I was there on 9/9, so it sounds like they really are just making the calls in random order, so keep your hopes up everyone! :luck:

Congrats cal!!

Cali love feels good, eh? :D

I got out of lab and didn't find Dr. Henderson's message! :(

Congrats though! :)

EDIT: Still waiting, barely hoping....

Last edited:
For what it's worth, they never sent me a secondary... OOS, 3.9, 35. Should I email them? :laugh:

C'mon Dean Henderson... show me some love! Call me day or night. I'll pick up, I promise. (interviewed 9/9 as well)

Got put on the Interview wait list today :confused:. Anyone know chances of an interview of the wait list?

Got put on the Interview wait list today :confused:. Anyone know chances of an interview of the wait list?

When were you complete? I've been complete since mid August and haven't heard anything from them...

When were you complete? I've been complete since mid August and haven't heard anything from them...

I was complete at Davis in the middle of July, and I got an interview three weeks later. HOWEVER - I was complete at the other UCs in the middle of August, and I have still received no word excepting a UCSF rejection.

Applying early, in my case, appears to have a huge difference.

Anyone rejected or waitlisted post interview yet (UC Davis)?

Status
Not open for further replies.