2011-2012 University of South Carolina Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does that mean that if I interview December 7th I should find out the week after that?

I would think so. I interviewed on the 12th and still haven't heard anything. I'm expecting to hear something mid-november.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
So when does their ADCOM meet?

every wednesday following the closure of the interview day

Correct. They do meet every wednesday following the interviews. They mentioned that they normally release their decisions in the middle of each month on a Monday from what I understand. I'm assuming all of us that have interviewed within the last month will hear something on or around November 14th. :xf:

Hopefully you all get good news tomorrow! :luck:

I hope so man. I'm not 100% sure what day they will be releasing acceptances but I think it will be this week. I could use some good news for a change. :xf:

Correct. They do meet every wednesday following the interviews. They mentioned that they normally release their decisions in the middle of each month on a Monday from what I understand. I'm assuming all of us that have interviewed within the last month will hear something on or around November 14th. :xf:

Has anyone received an news today?? I interviewed on 10/26, I have been anxiously checking my email all day.

I interviewed on the same day and haven't heard anything yet either. So either we both suck or they haven't sent ours out yet :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a little longer...hope we all have something to celebrate other than Turkey Day!

Fingers crossed! They told us mid november when I interviewed... Tomorrow is literally mid november. We should hear sometime this week.

Fingers crossed! They told us mid november when I interviewed... Tomorrow is literally mid november. We should hear sometime this week.

I interview after you guys but at my interview, they said that either we would find out this week, I think Friday or if not, my batch would find out the following month or later... Here's to waiting friends! Best of luck to all!

ACCEPTED! :) Shelley Streeter sent me an email this morning!!!!

I interviewed Nov. 9!!

Good luck to everyone!

I was wait listed. If you haven't received any news yet and you interviewed last month, chances are you are wait listed too. Email Shelley Streeter if you have not heard and she will check your file for you. Good luck to everyone! Congrats to those who got accepted!

well hopefully they accept a few people today when they meet up.

I was wait listed. If you haven't received any news yet and you interviewed last month, chances are you are wait listed too. Email Shelley Streeter if you have not heard and she will check your file for you. Good luck to everyone! Congrats to those who got accepted!

I emailed Ms. Streeter earlier today. I am OOS, but with strong ties to SC. I probably got wait listed, too. I'll find out tomorrow I hope!

**I was waitlisted. Time to wait it out. Hmmm, does anyone know how many out of state applicants they accept in all. Or does thqt number change each year?

Last edited:
I emailed Ms. Streeter earlier today. I am OOS, but with strong ties to SC. I probably got wait listed, too. I'll find out tomorrow I hope!

**I was waitlisted. Time to wait it out. Hmmm, does anyone know how many out of state applicants they accept in all. Or does thqt number change each year?

According to the MSAR, 19 of the 77 OOS students interviewed eventually matriculated. There was no data on how many were accepted. I am not sure how typical these numbers are year to year. Good Luck. In what state are you a resident?

According to the MSAR, 19 of the 77 OOS students interviewed eventually matriculated. There was no data on how many were accepted. I am not sure how typical these numbers are year to year. Good Luck. In what state are you a resident?

37 of 77 OOS interviewed were accepted.

Last edited:
well, i assume i got wait-listed as well. this entire process is such a waiting game. haha! congrats to those of you who got accepted!

well, i assume i got wait-listed as well. this entire process is such a waiting game. haha! congrats to those of you who got accepted!

good luck you guys! honestly, it's just too early in the game for anyone to get worried about not being accepted yet. i have complete faith in all of you! i'm sure that as the next few months progress, more spots will open up as people begin to make their decisions. i'm currently in that boat and trying to figure out which school is the better fit for me, in terms of atmosphere and financial costs. good luck friends!

Magic :D

I splurged the $20 for the US News Medical Compass.

good luck you guys! honestly, it's just too early in the game for anyone to get worried about not being accepted yet. i have complete faith in all of you! i'm sure that as the next few months progress, more spots will open up as people begin to make their decisions. i'm currently in that boat and trying to figure out which school is the better fit for me, in terms of atmosphere and financial costs. good luck friends!

Thanks! It really is early, so we'll see what happens haha :rolleyes:

Excited for my interview tomorrow! Good luck to everyone else. :luck:

(xlcooplx picked me out at USC-Greenville, I'm sure everyone will here as well :rolleyes:)

Excited for my interview tomorrow! Good luck to everyone else. :luck:

(xlcooplx picked me out at USC-Greenville, I'm sure everyone will here as well :rolleyes:)

haha! no worries dude. it was easy to do once i knew your name and where you were from. you'll be fine with the interview! :laugh:

Does anyone know what the odds are after getting the "on hold" letter? Does anyone get in to the school off this list before april or are we all likely headed for rejection/waitlist?

It all depends on the future interviewees. From my understanding you are given a score the day you interview and placed on a list.

*These numbers are purely hypothetical, I have no clue how many students they accept per month.
For example: For each month, they accept the top 20 students on their list. Your score listed you at 22, so you weren't chosen. It depends on the scores of future applicant if you get in the next cycle (so if 18 or less score better than you within the next month, you're in).

I received an invite to interview around mid October for January 11th. Should I be worried about the delayed interview date?

Dr. Warren Derrick and Christopher Gaines, an M4. I'm sure I met you, I was the tall guy, i.e., the tallest one there haha.

was chris a skinny guy going into emergency medicine? i think he is who i interviewed with as well. he seems like a good guy. :thumbup:

was chris a skinny guy going into emergency medicine? i think he is who i interviewed with as well. he seems like a good guy. :thumbup:

Yep, that's him. I got the same impression from him. Very relaxed. Actually, both of my interviews at USC were quite laid back, as was the case at MUSC.

Status
Not open for further replies.