2022-2023 University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if there will be waves of Rs for people on the waitlist from now until orientation?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there will be waves of Rs for people on the waitlist from now until orientation?
I don't think they do that typically. Unfortunately, once you're on the waitlist you'll either get the A before the year starts or you'll probably get an email in like September like in case you didn't notice, the year started and you were not accepted. I literally got an R email from another school a month after I had started at UNC. Dumbest **** ever, but its how they declare the cycle officially over more or less.

Reactions: 3 users
Does admissions ever answer the phone? I realize how hectic things may be and don't expect them to constantly answer, but I haven't been able to reach someone in admissions by phone since the cycle began. I've never had this experience at another institution. I'm wondering if it's happening to just me or others can concur.
*Don't want to sound ungrateful, just have some questions to ask.
Out of curiosity which number are you calling?

I would expect to see a lot of movement around April 15 and 30 maybe? At least I'd assume around then since those are the days people with multiple acceptances have to start narrowing down their decisions.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who interviewed not gotten a R, A, or WL yet? One of my friends interviewed back in nov and hasn’t heard anything since

Has anyone who interviewed not gotten a R, A, or WL yet? One of my friends interviewed back in nov and hasn’t heard anything since
Yes, pretty sure there's quite a few

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I would have expected them to hear something by now actually. Generally after the WL and R waves everyone should have heard something. Definitely check all their junk/clutter folders since they interviewed (all my emails from UNC went there when I was interviewing). If there's really nothing there, this is the one time I would say check the portal to see if there's any indication there.

I haven’t heard anything either. There is nothing on the portal indicating a decision. At one point it said awaiting decision and then went blank.

Just wanted to share, getting my A call was the best thing I've experienced in recent times. Good luck to all!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wanted to update everyone!! call + found email in spam folder <3
dm for stats and ec's

• Care
Waiting for my financial aid package before committing!! A!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who got an A today! For those with multiple options it would be much appreciated if you let us know whether you choose to commit or not so that us WL folks have some hope to cling to lol.

Reactions: 8 users
Congrats to everyone who got an A today! For those with multiple options it would be much appreciated if you let us know whether you choose to commit or not so that us WL folks have some hope to cling to lol.
as of right now, i am not planning to commit. i’m waiting on financial aid package from my top choice which i’ll know end of next week. i will most likely withdraw next week if that is favorable!

congrats everyone! does anyone know if this round of A’s is an addition to the 40 from last week? or is this the same list they just didn’t get to everyone? @alibon

congrats everyone! does anyone know if this round of A’s is an addition to the 40 from last week? or is this the same list they just didn’t get to everyone? @alibon
I have no idea. I would assume its a different wave because I can't imagine why anyone would've waited this long to notify people from the last wave (seems harsh to me). But I also thought they would've been done with As before the waves of WLs and Rs so what do I know really lol

Reactions: 5 users
as of right now, i am not planning to commit. i’m waiting on financial aid package from my top choice which i’ll know end of next week. i will most likely withdraw next week if that is favorable!
+1 here. Waiting on some financial aid info from other places just to do my due diligence, but it's all but certain that I'll withdraw.
Hoping my spot goes to one of you all!

+1 here. Waiting on some financial aid info from other places just to do my due diligence, but it's all but certain that I'll withdraw.
+1

Reactions: 5 users

Thank y'all for the updates! You are really doin the most. Congrats on your A's!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
do we think this upcoming week, they will start calling people on the waitlist? or anytime soon :((

Withdrew my A here yesterday! Best wishes to everyone on the WL :)

Reactions: 8 users
yallll what does it say when you press on the waitlist decision link?? i put myself on WL and eveytime i pressed the link it say I was on waitlist but i just pressed the link today and it now says "Registration is no longer available because the registration deadline has passed." does it say that for everyone else???

yallll what does it say when you press on the waitlist decision link?? i put myself on WL and eveytime i pressed the link it say I was on waitlist but i just pressed the link today and it now says "Registration is no longer available because the registration deadline has passed." does it say that for everyone else???
this is normal, WL movement probably will not start until after May 1st

It does for me

Has anyone on the waitlist seen it show up on their CYMS portal? Waitlist decisions from other schools have shown up there but still nothing from UNC.

Has anyone on the waitlist seen it show up on their CYMS portal? Waitlist decisions from other schools have shown up there but still nothing from UNC.
There’s nothing on my portal about the WL

I was hoping they would start telling people after April 15, but yeah I think im starting to think its more likely we'll hear back in May.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when we should expect to hear about scholarships by? I've heard that some have gone out, but I wonder if there are more still to be distributed.

Does anyone know when we should expect to hear about scholarships by? I've heard that some have gone out, but I wonder if there are more still to be distributed.
I haven't even heard about regular old financial aid yet and they've had my fafsa for months now.

Surely they'll have this info to people by the end of the month though. Seems unfair of them to expect people to start narrowing choices without aid packages and scholarships on the table.

Received scholarship offer this morning. Unclear if it includes need-based aid or not

Just withdrew my acceptance a few minutes ago. Genuinely hoping my spot goes to one of you fine people on the waitlist :)

Reactions: 9 users
Did anyone get any email confirmation once accepting their spot in the waitlist? The only confirmation I received was right after accepting the spot.

Did anyone get any email confirmation once accepting their spot in the waitlist? The only confirmation I received was right after accepting the spot.
yeah same. no email at all just when i accepted the website said i was now on waitlist

Anyone heard of success negotiating their financial aid? Have some other offers that will make CoA higher here but I know it’s a public school and unlikely to…trying to see how hopeful to be, receiving 10K scholarship already.

Anyone heard of success negotiating their financial aid? Have some other offers that will make CoA higher here but I know it’s a public school and unlikely to…trying to see how hopeful to be, receiving 10K scholarship already.
Is your aid out? Still don't have mine

Got the A call this morning! About how long did it take for an update in the applicant portal to happen? Also, do we get an email notifying of an update to our portal?

Got the A call this morning! About how long did it take for an update in the applicant portal to happen? Also, do we get an email notifying of an update to our portal?

Wait were you on the Waitlist?

Wow they're starting waitlist movement early this year! Congrats and I hope more of us hear back soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users